Urgent Prayer Request for Service Dog

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MilkNHoney

Jan 9, 2009
Urgent Prayer Request for Service Dog

Proverbs 12:10
“A righteous man regards the life of his animal,
But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel”.

Hello everyone. I’m new here and have need of Help!

I have an Urgent Prayer Request for my new Service Dog.

Let me please tell you just a little about myself and my dog.

I am an older disabled widow living alone.
My newly Certified Service Dog is in immediate need of emergency Luxating Patella Surgery.

I have no family or relatives to help me, and no money. I don’t own a car, home, or anything else of any real value that I could sell, and since my credit rating is so poor, I do not qualify for any financial aid. I have been trying to sell whatever items I can on Craigslist, which is precious little in the way of earthly goods, but due to the bad economy I have not been successful in selling anything as of yet.

My Service Dog is a female AKC Toy Pomeranian, 7 years of age, named FiFi. She is a rescue dog that had been abused in an earlier home, which I adopted, and initially got certified as a Therapy Dog. Despite her background, FiFi is an adorable Toy Pomeranian with a sparkling personality, magical charm, and an amazingly sweet and loving disposition. FiFi is a beautiful dog that is very calm and well behaved. She has learned to love and trust me, and enjoys being a Pampered Pooch. (I have had to learn how to be very creative when it comes to pampering my beloved FiFi on an extremely low budget!)

She is now a working MS (Multiple Sclerosis) Dog that alerts me whenever I need medical attention. I have a serious medical condition (caused directly by MS) known as Lhermittes Syndrome, and a rare form of Idiopathic Anaphylaxis (known as the “Fatal Allergy”) that is non-responsive to Epinephrine (I’m allergic to Epinephrine).
FiFi also assists me with hearing, since I am mildly hearing impaired.

Because of my physical limitations, I face a lot of challenges on a daily basis. There are many hurdles to cross with automatic disadvantages, not to mention all of society’s misconceptions and stereotyping. I am alone so much during the day and rarely get to go anywhere, other than to a doctor’s appointment. Thankfully, FiFi is right there at my side!She has brought so much Joy and Blessing into my life; I can’t imagine life without her! Wherever I go, FiFi brings out the best in people. I know she brings out the best in me.

FiFi has been diagnosed with an extreme case of Luxating Patella in both hind knees by two separate veterinarians. She needs surgery on both. She is in pain much of the time. Walking is extremely difficult for her, and one leg she is unable to stand on at all.
She is now out of pain medicine and I don’t even have the funds to buy anymore!
The estimated cost of surgery, (at a reduced cost), is $2,000.00+, Plus the cost of Pain Medicine, Plus the cost of a Wheelchair for Toy Breeds (to help her get around until she can have the surgery), Pluswhatever other Mobility Aids she may need after surgery. The Wheelchair (as prescribed by her Veterinarian) must be ordered online and costs $249.00+ Tax + Shipping and Handling charges).

My dog is a service dog, and she’s paid her dues. It is a lot of money, but my dog deserves it. She’s only 7 years old.

If it were for me, I would not ask for help.

But it’s for FiFi!

Thank you all in advance for your support and prayers!

PTL!!! \o/ \o/ \o/

Attachments

I

I_will_pray_4u

Praying!!!

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Father thank you for meeting fi fis needs. In JESUS name amen.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying that all is provided in Jesus Christ Our Lord.

God bless
pickles

P

pcbclyde8

Praying for fi fi animals can bring so much joy to the home-bound