Urgent Request

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

poopsey

I have had a most evil thing happen to me and need all the prayers I can get. I was coming home from grocery shopping with baby and whilst at a yield sign waiting to get onto the highway a 16 year old kid drove right into the back of my new car.

I was very emotionally upset or perhaps in shock but I got out of the car and saw a punctured hole in the back bumper and when approaching the truck that hit me this kid was just sitting there and doing completely nothing. So I opened the door and took him by the arm and told him to come see what he did to the car. He didn't seem to care never asked me if I was alright seem not alert and kind of slow. He never said anything as in I'm sorry I hit your car or anything. Just said don't touch me regarding me taking him by the arm.

So I was very upset emotionally and was raising my voice, etc. There were 2 other kids in the truck and I asked to borrow a cell phone to call my husband and wait for him since I thought he could handle things since I was so upset and didn't want to miss anything.

Then this kid's mother showed up and obviously didn't care either and was only trying to cover up for her son and make excuses. Of course I was upset but kept asking why her kid hit me and never got an answer as to why. All I got was he made a mistake. No I'm sorry my kid hit you, no are you alright or is anyone hurt, no I will pay for the damages, nothing. She called 911 and was ignoring me while I was waiting for my husband to show up. Trying to make herself and her son look like the victim when he was probably on something since he was not alert and drove into me when I was clearly visible at a yield sign.

So my husband shows up and so do the cops. So a cop approached me and asked what happened so I stated I was at the yield sign waiting to get onto the highway since both lanes were congested and that the kid in the truck drove right into me. Then I said that I got out of the car and opened his door and took him by the arm to show him the damages. Right there she stops and does the you have a right to remain silent bit and I am totally shocked. I don't see that as assault but according to her it is.

So my husband gets the insurance details from the kid's mother and she still never offered to pay for damages and claimed she didn't know what to do and it was left at that. The cop came back to me and stated that that kid and/or mother was asked if they wanted to press charges against me and they said no they were not going to.

I would just like to interject that I've been with my husband for 21 years and never had an automobile accident and that I have absolutely 0 criminal record and have never been fingerprinted or charged with anything in my entire life.

Well it turns out that about 9 days later after the accident date those people somehow changed their mind and now decide to press charges and a cop shows up at my door and I was basically arrested and released on the spot and have to be fingerprinted on Sunday and have a court date on October 3rd on allegations of assault. The cop also told me that they were offered other alternatives, perhaps mediation, but refused.

I found this suspicious and contacted my insurance company and it turns out that the particulars were faxed to their insurance on the 16th and the kid who hit me and his mother or whoever never got back to their insurance company regarding the accident but yet they had time to go down to the cop station and press assault charges against me even though they declined to charge me with assault on the day of the accident when they had the opportunity to do so.

I don't know why this is happening but I've read some scary stories about people being charged for such minor things that it is ridiculous. It seem nowadays even if you look at someone the wrong way they can either charge you with something or sue you.

So I was hit by a kid, rear ended, and now am also charged with assault. I contacted a criminal lawyer and have an appointment on Monday. So on top of about $1,433 dollars of damage to a brand new car I will have to give a lawyer perhaps a couple thousand dollars for a retainer to defend myself against this charge. Yet that kid hit me and it was 100 percent his fault. Yet they have taken no responsibility for the accident and have not responded to their insurance company yet have time to charge me with assault.

I really can't take anymore crappy garbage in my life and I told my husband that I would sooner kill myself then ever let anyone put me in jail or have a criminal record. I know that sounds extreme but I am not a criminal and don't belong in jail. I'm totally sick of this world and the evil in it.

I used to enjoy driving and don't anymore. I am now paranoid looking for tailgaters and quite anxious. I don't even feel like leaving the house unless I really have to because I don't feel safe anymore considering what has happened.

These evil people are obviously trying to scare me or ruin my life because they don't want to pay for the damages and have their insurance rates go up. The kid didn't even own the vehicle and it wasn't his insurance. Believe it or not he was driving his mother's boyfriend's truck and under his insurance.

I need prayers that this evil agenda against me be stopped in it's tracks and that this whole thing is either dismissed or thrown out of court. I am having trouble functioning right now because of all the stress and anxiety and I really wish I was not on this crazy planet anymore.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
I sure will pray. I don't know Canadian law, but I would think that if you had no malicious intent in taking him by the arm, and let go when he asked you to, there would be no case. He could have been injured, and you helped him from his vehicle. I'm sure the lawyers will have all kinds of things to say about it. I wonder if he was on drugs? You said he seemed spacey.

P

poopsey

I sure will pray. I don't know Canadian law, but I would think that if you had no malicious intent in taking him by the arm, and let go when he asked you to, there would be no case. He could have been injured, and you helped him from his vehicle. I'm sure the lawyers will have all kinds of things to say about it. I wonder if he was on drugs? You said he seemed spacey.
Thanks for the prayers JimJimmers. I must say I am disappointed that no one else seems to care that I am being falsely accused. This world is too crazy for me. Even 20 years ago no one would consider what I did to be assault. There was no intent to harm.

I've even read that a person can point a finger at you and you can charge them for assault. This is just plain ridiculous. But of course it is okay for a 16 year old kid who is probably under some kind of influence to drive right into your car. And of course a responsible mother would never hold her son accountable and offer to pay for damages. Instead like a co-dependent enabler she covers up for her son and now they are trying to stiff me.

I believe this is more to do with them not wanting to pay for the damage but according to my insurance company even if they do not admit fault my insurance company is going after them so they will still have to pay and their rates will be increased.

Mar 18, 2011
Hello Poopsey. I don't think that people here are indifferent to your situation as you may suppose. It is more likely they don't know how to respond. Some people may feel you should never have opened the door to the other car and grabbed the teen out of anger, and others may not know what to say to you in confusion over the laws.

It is a sad thing that people resort to lies and counterattacks rather than accepting responsibility. I've experienced things like that before. Coincidentally, my experience also included a teen ager and his parent who advised in giving false accusations which would have lead to criminal charges. Know this, just because someone has a dispute and takes you to court doesn't mean you are guilty. So I would reccomend pleading not guilty and though it is scary you may want to consider getting a court appointed attorney. The only reason, is that they are free. Why spend thousands of dollars you dont have too when you may be required to pay court fees and other possible fines anyway. I would also continue on the path of keeping them responsible for the damages to your car, maybe even counter sue, you can alledge that this whole situation has frazzled you so much that you fear going out of your house due to the fraudulent and malicious actions of him and his family . However I do not know the laws in Canada. I am sorry for what you are going through and I agree that this world is tragically corrupt.
Do not worry about jail time though, I do not think that jail is what you will face. Do not get angry in court whatever you do. Yes sir, No sir, Yes your honor, No your honor.

I will pray for you, God bless.

P.S. The way I got out of it was through the other kid who witnessed it.

God bless.

P

poopsey

Thanks for the response Deadtosin. My husband and son think they are trying to intimidate me into begging them to drop the charges and let them off the hook by not pursuing the insurance claim. I said I have trouble believing someone would do that but my son says he has heard of people doing exactly that and the other person getting scared and caving in.

As far as I am concerned I did not assault the driver. I had no intent to hurt him physically or beat him. Of course I was angry. Who wouldn't be? He drove into a brand new car and cost about 1433 dollars worth of damage. I did not grab him and drag him out of the vehicle. It was more like someone taking your arm and telling you they want to show you something. But I am sure they will exaggerate the whole thing to their advantage.

My husband and son also think that I should sue them for all I can get in regards to emotional distress. I'm not really that kind of person to want to do that but I will see what the lawyer says to me on Monday about that. I would like for them to come to their senses and drop the charges and just take responsibility and pay for the damages to the car. Based on the damage they are 100 percent at fault so the insurance company will go after them one way or the other since I will not cancel the claim.

It's too bad they chose to do this. My husband got estimates and was going to approach the owner of the truck to pay for the damages and cancel the insurance claim. Now I have to defend myself against criminal charges and they will be forced to pay for the damages and their insurance rates will go up.

I did not really realize how really evil and corrupt the world is. Safer to stay in the house and not venture outside.

Mar 18, 2011
This physical world we live in, this world of corruption cannot be avoided. You are stuck in it til the end. Do so for Jesus Christ. Once I tried to escape the sins of this world. I went off into the wilderness to stay in a cave up on a cliff side. It was near a common swimming hole that was used in the day. So during the day I snuck my gear to the cave so that nobody would know I was there. Come nightfall I was outside of the cave sitting on a rock when sin itself came walking up the path in the form of 2 naked men and one still clothed with his belt undone. The man in the front had seen me earlier that day at the water hole and was surprised to see me, he informed the naked man in the back that there was a straight guy up ahead, but the naked guy in the back, hearing that I was straight came to the front to argue with me that there were no straight men left in the world. He told me that he went home with happily married men on a regular basis and provided the greatest pleasure of their lives. The clothed man said "I'm straight too, I'm just *enter slang for aroused here)" I held my ground and they went away, I immediately packed my things and quietly snuck out of the woods and walked the 30 miles to a friends house via highway in the middle of the night. My point is Poopsey that one cannot avoid the sinful world we live in. When I tried to escape it, I found where it flourished. If you stay in your home, I fear it will kick down your door. All we can do is use this as motivation to build the strongest relationship with Jesus Christ that we can possibly fathom. God bless you sister.

P

poopsey

Deadtosin: Obviously that situation you encountered was orchestrated by the Devil. It is so unlikely for something like that to happen just out of nowhere.

I know from experience that the Devil tries to cause trouble and when bad things happen he wants you to blame God for it and forsake him. I would never do that since I know where all this garbage is coming from.

But even for me this is a bit too much. I get fingerprinted tomorrow and see the lawyer on Monday.

I don't know why this is happening but if it is to make me stronger it is an incredibly painful and scary experience.

I could feel that God has abandoned me but in reality I know that is not true.

Unbelievable how I could be treated this way and I am not a criminal and never been charged with any crime in my entire life.

Unbelievable how people who claim to be Christian's couldn't have some compassion on me.

I had a baby in the car and this punk kid just drove right into me from behind at a yield sign??? There is no excuse for that. And it is strange that he just sat there and never really talked at all. I think those kids were wired and now because they have to pay they are trying to stiff me. I think this will be obvious to the lawyer and judge that there are ulterior motives to this so called assault charge.

They never contacted their insurance company even though he drove right into my car. They could have pressed charges the same day of the accident but they declined. Then 9 days later after their insurance company gets papers regarding the accident they fail to contact their insurance company and take responsibility for driving into me but instead go down to the police station to press charges because they changed their mind??? They also refused alternative measures but were determined to go ahead with charges 9 days after the incident after they declined to press charges in the first place???

This all looks very suspicious to me and I hope I get through this and that I am fairly compensated for all this trouble.

W

wwjd_kilden

what deadtosin said

poopsey, I know there are several members here that read prayer requests but never get around to leaving a reply, it does not mean that no one is praying dear.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hugs poopsey,
I was rear ended when I was nine months pregnant, the guy got out of his car, said your car looks ok and then took off.
Saddly the wolrd is upside down right now.
Im so sorry you are going through this.
Praying in Jesus that all truth and what is right will be done.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

P

poopsey

Hugs poopsey,
I was rear ended when I was nine months pregnant, the guy got out of his car, said your car looks ok and then took off.
Saddly the wolrd is upside down right now.
Im so sorry you are going through this.
Praying in Jesus that all truth and what is right will be done.

Hugs and God bless
pickles
That is what I am getting at. Most people are only in it for themselves. How can someone rear end you and obviously you are pregnant and not have any concern? What kind of people do that? I will presume that person did not have the decency to ask if you were alright? That is totally disgusting.

I hope you got that person's license plate number. If you got rear ended then that is 100 percent his fault and he should have paid for any damages and incurred an insurance rate hike.

It would seem that people would literally walk on you and not care a smidgen if it suits them and their purposes.

The kid that hit me didn't ask if I was alright or if anyone else was in the vehicle and if they are okay. Out of the 3 kids in that truck not one asked if I was okay. I had my 4 year old grandbaby in the back seat but who cares??? The mother of that kid is no better. She was more concerned with covering up for her son and minimizing what he did just like a codependent enabler. She never asked if I was alright either and again who cares if someone else was in the vehicle that may have been hurt, namely my 4 year old grandson.

I got fingerprinted today and it was most humiliating. I hope those people sleep good at night. I see a lawyer tomorrow afternoon and will go from there. I think my lawyer will find it interesting how that kid and the mother responded. They hardly said a word. That kid was so dense he didn't even know to put his hazard lights on since he was on the road and basically obstructing traffic. All the words that came out of his mouth the entire time were '16' when I asked how old he was and 'don't touch me' when I led him by the arm to look at what damage he had done to the car. His mother is no better. The only thing she said was 'he made a mistake' and they all ignored me and acted like they did nothing wrong and I was the bad guy. Unbelievable!!!

I'm also going to check with my insurance. I am sure that those nitwits still did not get back to their insurance company. They think if they ignore it and try to get me with a criminal record or a jail term they will not be accountable for driving right into me and for fixing the car??? They are sadly mistaken.

If this is an attempt to scare me and make me cancel the insurance claim then it is not going to work.

And I still want no part of the world and the evil in it. I have to do certain things to function but other than that the whole world can go you know where. I am starting to realize how really evil and corrupt the world is and how some people can be so selfish and uncaring and it makes me sick. I never asked to be born so I guess I am stuck here but to be honest I really don't want to live in a world like this.

P

poopsey

what deadtosin said

poopsey, I know there are several members here that read prayer requests but never get around to leaving a reply, it does not mean that no one is praying dear.
Thanks for your response. Please pray that I am delivered from these evil people and their scheme to criminalize me and try to get out of responsibility for the accident and paying for damages.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
That is what I am getting at. Most people are only in it for themselves. How can someone rear end you and obviously you are pregnant and not have any concern? What kind of people do that? I will presume that person did not have the decency to ask if you were alright? That is totally disgusting.

I hope you got that person's license plate number. If you got rear ended then that is 100 percent his fault and he should have paid for any damages and incurred an insurance rate hike.

It would seem that people would literally walk on you and not care a smidgen if it suits them and their purposes.

The kid that hit me didn't ask if I was alright or if anyone else was in the vehicle and if they are okay. Out of the 3 kids in that truck not one asked if I was okay. I had my 4 year old grandbaby in the back seat but who cares??? The mother of that kid is no better. She was more concerned with covering up for her son and minimizing what he did just like a codependent enabler. She never asked if I was alright either and again who cares if someone else was in the vehicle that may have been hurt, namely my 4 year old grandson.

I got fingerprinted today and it was most humiliating. I hope those people sleep good at night. I see a lawyer tomorrow afternoon and will go from there. I think my lawyer will find it interesting how that kid and the mother responded. They hardly said a word. That kid was so dense he didn't even know to put his hazard lights on since he was on the road and basically obstructing traffic. All the words that came out of his mouth the entire time were '16' when I asked how old he was and 'don't touch me' when I led him by the arm to look at what damage he had done to the car. His mother is no better. The only thing she said was 'he made a mistake' and they all ignored me and acted like they did nothing wrong and I was the bad guy. Unbelievable!!!

I'm also going to check with my insurance. I am sure that those nitwits still did not get back to their insurance company. They think if they ignore it and try to get me with a criminal record or a jail term they will not be accountable for driving right into me and for fixing the car??? They are sadly mistaken.

If this is an attempt to scare me and make me cancel the insurance claim then it is not going to work.

And I still want no part of the world and the evil in it. I have to do certain things to function but other than that the whole world can go you know where. I am starting to realize how really evil and corrupt the world is and how some people can be so selfish and uncaring and it makes me sick. I never asked to be born so I guess I am stuck here but to be honest I really don't want to live in a world like this.
Hugs poopsey,
never got his licence, I was more concerned about my unborn baby, but all was ok, other than a sore tummy, back and neck.
poopsey, I know the world seems alfull, the thing is, this is what the world is, flesh.
This is why Jesus tells us to keep our eyes on Him, to look always to all that is good.
Otherwise the ugly of the world could crush us.
We forgive to free ourselves from the world, and to put those who injured into Gods justice and care.
Forgiving is more about keeping our hearts from bitterness, for it can become a terrible taste that grows and consumes one.
Just make sure you do not back down from their attempts to discourage you, and always be respectful and forgive in Jesus.
For when we return good for evil it does heap coals upon them.
And who knows, maby a witness to the greatness of Jesus. :)
You continue in my prayers, being arrested for simply taking the young man by the arm seems crazy compared to his crashing into you,our laws are upside down these days, but the laws never have brought increase, only decrease.
But Jesus fullfills the law, increacing in all that is good, and always brings the perfect. :)
Praying also that these charges will be dismissed.

Huge hugs and God bless
pickles

P

poopsey

Pickles: Thank you for the prayers. I don't believe I have a problem with forgiveness and I am not bitter. I know who those people are and what they are after. They could have pressed charges at the time of the accident and declined to do so. Then they change their mind after my insurance company faxes the particulars to their insurance company. They did not respond to their insurance company but did go down to the station to press charges and they also refused any alternative measures such as mediation, etc. It is more than obvious to me what they are up to.

They are just a bunch of low life's that don't want to take responsibility for what has happened and they want revenge on me for some strange reason.

I've lived long enough to know how people can be totally selfish and evil. I just want my car fixed and for them to take responsibility. My husband got estimates and was going to contact them to offer them to pay for the damages and cancel the insurance claim but they thought it more important to try to stiff me with a possible criminal record and lawyer's fee. They will have to pay one way or the other. And it is only right that they now not only pay for the car damage but also for legal fees incurred defending myself from such erroneous claims and possibly emotional distress also.

I'm seeing the lawyer today at 3 pm and will see what he says.

I am now getting anxiety problems and feel like losing my cookies. My stomach and chest hurt from all the stress. I also have trouble sleeping at night. I have no idea how I am going to get through this without some sort of medication and I hope those low life's sleep well at night. If they even have a conscience at all I hope they realize what evil they are doing for a situation that they themselves caused.

R

Risen

Genesis 50:20 Genesis 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
Roman 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.
Isaiah 54:17 no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me,” declares the Lord.
Ps 46:10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Dear Heavenly, I thank you and I praise your name for Poopsey's life and her commitment to honor you with her all. I thank you that she and her husband and children are all well and that they are supporting one another during this tough time. I pray dear Lord that you protect them and that you keep them safe in your loving arms. Dear Lord, you know that stress and the fear that the devil is trying to impose on Poopseys' family I pray for your protection over them. Thank your dear Lord that Poopsey's family is covered by your blood and that they are safe regardless of the turmoil that is happening around them.
I pray that you give Poopsey the strength and the courage to put her trust in you and your promises. Dear Heavenly father I thank you and praise you for I know that you are still in control and that you provide Poopsey and her partner with the wisdom that they need to response to this situation appropriately and that see this as a great opportunity to see that the battle is not theirs but yours. Help them to position themselves in your presence and to watch for the victory is theirs but the battle is yours In Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for you poopsey that everything will work out well. In the states, anytime somewhere rear-ends you, it's automatically their fault. Wish people were more considerate and personally responsible but some will never admit that something is their fault...EVER. But the law is on your side :)

They will try to get you in trouble because you touched him but that will probably come to nothing.

I was broadsided by a teenager who was about to drive into her high school parking lot. I had school children with me and the car turned 180 degrees and the tires blew. She meant to stomp the brake at a stop sign but stomped the gas pedal instead :( .

I pulled off to a safe place and then ran to see if she was ok....she was balling her eyes out and by that time other teens gathered around her. They literally GLARED at me like it was my fault. Adults showed up and they were all sympathetic toward her but nobody asked how I was or the children in my car :(.

Then her mom shows up and starts making over her and glares at me and says 'wait till you have teens'...like that explained everything. Thank goodness two other ladies stayed as my witnesses. They had also noticed how everyone seemed to be blaming me for the accident and they gave me a hug :).

So here's your hug OOOOOOOO :)

Wow, a new car...that's really depressing. Glad you and the baby were OK! My husband and I just bought a brand new car and I'm scared to death to drive it ;)

Praying for you sweetie, hang in there...God will take care of you and straighten out this mess :)

S

shekaniah

Praying for you and your husband...