Vacations

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lecrae

Am I the only one here who feels more unhappy during vacation breaks than when I'm working/at school? For some reason, most vacations only seem to depress me, but when I'm back in my usual routine I'm back to my happy self. Has the work force and school brainwashed me this much? :p

E

Ecclesiastik

Am I the only one here who feels more unhappy during vacation breaks than when I'm working/at school? For some reason, most vacations only seem to depress me, but when I'm back in my usual routine I'm back to my happy self. Has the work force and school brainwashed me this much? :p
Nah, it's not just you, it's most folks I know (including myself). God meant for humanity to work, not to laze about for long periods of time. If we lived in dirt poor countries we wouldn't have the luxury of chilling to the point of depression.

That's why I'm trying to root "just chilling" out of my day to day activities (unless it's just for 10-20 minutes a day). Life is so short as it is, I don't think it is good stewardship at all to waste time watching a thousand movies about Santa Clause or trying to be become the very best at a video game. It's all about doing what will bring glory to God. That's what will stand in the end.

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
You are not alone. I miss my students during any break like this. The positive I have about the break is that hubby was able to take off most of the days that I am off for Christmas break, it is great to spend extra time with him:cool: