Valuable Treasure

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
Our heart can be like a vault where we keep our valuable treasures, Gods' word. Gods word has many great verses we can keep safe in our heart. They will always be there, when the time comes we need them.

Psalm 119:11
I have hidden your
word in my heart
that I might not
sin against you.

Sep 6, 2014
Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Matthew 6:19-21
19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Our heart can be like a vault where we keep our valuable treasures, Gods' word. Gods word has many great verses we can keep safe in our heart. They will always be there, when the time comes we need them.
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
(2Co 4:6-7)

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014

Speaking of hearts, I wrote these thoughts down awhile ago:

The heart is the part of you that cherishes things. What you cherish will determine what and how you speak – what and how you do things – what your values are.

There are many things that clamor for your heart –The enemy wants you to cherish anything that would take the place of God, Himself. Because of this, we are told to guard it.

One of the things we can do to guard it is to keep asking ourselves, “What am I focused on mostly this day?” What you focus on will be the thing you actually cherish no matter what you say.

What you cherish, you will give your heart to. There is only person you need to do this with completely – that is the Lord.

It is nice to remember that everything God does or says comes from His heart that so cherishes us. He is totally focused on us and love flows from his heart unto us.

O

oldthennew

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL THREAD, tanks YOU ALL!!!!

Joi,

you are so 'right-on' and we both can tell that you have done a lot of 'soul-searching' and introspection'.

if we 'over-focus' on 'any task', no matter what priority we have put on it, we can become 'in-bondage' to it,
through our self-importance, and an interruption will usually 'tell the tale' - if we should show any king of
irritation or aggravation, then this is our MIRROR = BUSTED!:rolleyes:

when we can sit-back and recognize how sweet and precious the Holy Spirit is in the teaching of us,
only joy comes to mind.
:)

von1

Apr 22, 2010
Thank for sharing the great verses and the great words of wisdom on my post. Sometimes i don't always have the right words to say. Thanks guys God Bless

Aug 10, 2015
Another great post being ignored Hmmm. Something wrong here. Shame we all missed this one so I thought i would bump it.