Venezuela a national security threat to US?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 26, 2011
Cuba throws weight behind Venezuela in row with US

I think Cuba might have a point, I don't get it either? LOL
The U.S. government uses the National Emergency Act as well as the Emergency Economic Powers Act found in USC Title 1601 and 1701 in order to keep the nation in a perpetual state of national emergency which allows the government (colour of law) to rule by executive order.

It is a means to subvert the legislature and the limited powers delegated in the Constitution for the U.S.

Well worth reading up on if you are not familiar with it. There have even been a Congressional Hearing held on the subject back in 1973.

Jan 7, 2015
The U.S. government uses the National Emergency Act as well as the Emergency Economic Powers Act found in USC Title 1601 and 1701 in order to keep the nation in a perpetual state of national emergency which allows the government (colour of law) to rule by executive order.

It is a means to subvert the legislature and the limited powers delegated in the Constitution for the U.S.

Well worth reading up on if you are not familiar with it. There have even been a Congressional Hearing held on the subject back in 1973.
So you think it's a power play by the US government?

Nov 26, 2011
So you think it's a power play by the US government?
If it wasn't Venezuala it would be something else.

Executive Order – Blocking Property and Suspending Entry of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Venezuela | The White House

Read this...

National Emergencies Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A law was passed in the 70s that brought to an end the open ended nature of National Emergencies but that limitation is simply bypassed by declaring new ones on a very regular basis.

In order to see how it works you need to read the Statutes in question and you will see how they refer to provisions of previous laws like the Trading with the Enemy Act. Here is an example of what they do...

The government asserts that the lack of a formal declaration of war is not relevant to the existence of a war and unnecessary to invoke the law of war. While a declaration is unnecessary for the existence of an armed conflict according to the international law of war, it may be argued that a formal declaration is necessary to determine what law applies domestically, whether to aliens or citizens. 203 For example, the Alien Enemy Act and the Trading with the Enemy Act (TWEA), 204 both of which regulate the domestic conduct of persons during a war, expressly require a declared war and are not triggered by the authorization to use force.205 The Emergency Detention Act, in effectfrom 1950 to 1971, had similar requirements prior to the invocation of its measures.
http://fas.org/irp/crs/RL31724.pdf

It is pure "colour of law" due to it not really being challenged hence nice sounding rhetoric like "it may be argued" but the practical effect is that the U.S. Constitution for all practical purposes is really null and void. Of course if they were to openly admit that it would be a PR nightmare so there is a pretense that such is not the case. They will bend the rules as far as the public will accept and then some.

Nov 26, 2011
This is why it is quite ironic when people call Edward Snowden a traitor when the real traitors sit in the high offices of the land. Most people don't know what they are talking about because they don't do independent research into these kinds of things. No-one is going to spoon feed people this kind of stuff.

I used to think the deceptions of this world were bad until I started reading the writings of the Early Church and then I came to understand that it was far worse than I even imagined.

The deceptions in the political/economic/PR sphere are nothing compared to the deceptions in what poses as Christianity today.

S

sveinen

"what we was [told we was] waiting for was such being used for THA LETTING LIVE OF TEH UNBORN. THE, THE..."
some end of schmeoples "glorious the killing of the unborn."
"last little waiting over. we might indeed be executing very end of the u.s. NOW."
please excuse me while i also tumble, then read of venezuela, cuba and things." :p