Verses about pride

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jrccomputer

Sep 25, 2013
Looking for some verses about pride and becoming humble!! Anyhelp would be much appreciated!!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Luke 18:10-14 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

J

Jullianna

James 4:10 ESV Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

1 Peter 5:6 ESV

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,

James 4:6 ESV

But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

Numbers 12:3 ESV

Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all people who were on the face of the earth.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Isaiah 29:19
Once more the humble will rejoice in the LORD; the needy will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Samuel 2:3
[SUP]3[/SUP]"Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows,
and by him deeds are weighed.

Proverbs 8:13
[SUP]13[/SUP]To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.

Proverbs 11:2
[SUP]2[/SUP]When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

Proverbs 13:10
[SUP]10[/SUP]Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice.

Proverbs 16:18
[SUP]18[/SUP]Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

Proverbs 29:23
[SUP]23[/SUP] A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor.

Ecclesiastes 7:8
[SUP]8[/SUP]The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.

Isaiah 2:11
[SUP]11[/SUP]The eyes of the arrogant man will be humbled and the pride of men brought low; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day.

Obadiah 1:3
[SUP]3[/SUP]The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks and make your home on the heights, you who say to yourself, 'Who can bring me down to the ground?'

2 Corinthians 12:20
[SUP]20[/SUP]For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder.

B

Bryancampbell

Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:3-11 NASB

I

in2it

6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. (Jam 4:6 KJV)

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. (Jam 4:10 KJV)

5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. (1Pe 5:5 KJV)

6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: (1Pe 5:6 KJV)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I'm so glad I'm humble. IsadoraI 2:9