very depressed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

babygurl73

Hello I am really not good at talking to people and tend to stay to myself so will give this a shot. There are so many things I need prayer about but right now I need prayer as I have been really depressed for the last month and it just keeps getting worse, I was raped a little over a month ago and I just can't seem to get myself together as I am becoming overwhelmed going through this is hard enough but when my whole child hood was bad does not help matters any. This is affecting my job, my everday life and even having trouble trusting and have become scared and not been able to worship at church as I sit there and cry. I try but just can't seem too!! People are starting to ask what is wrong but I can't talk about anything to anyone. I feel as I have to be strong and can't allow anyone in on how I really feel inside. I am confused, scared and really depressed..... Thank you for taking time to read and pray for me, I feel that is what I need the most right now as I feel so weak!

B

Bluecomet

Hello Babygurl I am Bluecomet

B

babygurl73

hello Bluecomet

Mo0448

Jun 10, 2013
I am so very sorry to hear you are struggling with that babygurl I cannot begin to imagine the pain you are going through. I do however have some encouraging news for you! God is with you through that tribulation!

“He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” 1 Peter 2: 24

I believe that you should speak to a close female friend or perhaps even the pastor of the church in order to get the proper support from your Church family. It is very important to have support at this time. I will keep you in my prayers and raise your name up to the Lord so that he may renew and heal your hurt :)

If you ever want to discuss anything or have any questions or other prayer requests feel free to pm me I can speak for myself and many others in this site that will be glad to pray for you in these trying times.

God Bless you & May the Holy Spirit give you comfort and peace!

John 14:1
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. (NIV)

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (NIV)

John 16:7
Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. (NIV)

Romans 15:13

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (NIV)

B

babygurl73

Thank you for your prayers and encouraging words, I really don't have any close friends to talk too, stay to myself mostly and not ready to talk to my Pastor yet... Not sure how to bring this up or even talk about it, I am really scared too. I have so many other emotions and feelings that is really getting to me. Thank you again and I may message you sometime I think I need to get some sleep I worked 13 hours today, thank you again!

K

kimdel

Babygurl,nothing is too hard for our God,i feel your pain but you need somebody to talk to or if there is none or rather you feel it hard to talk it out,you have the Holy Spirit,He is our councillor,comforter,keeper,He is there close to you talk to Him,pour your heart to him and i tell you the peace that surpasses every human understanding will be your portion. Dont give the devil a chance to minister to you and instill fear in you, gal remember we have Jesus as a friend who sticks closer than a brother. You have develop an internal wound and only Jesus can heal you MY PRAYERS GOES OUT TO YOU .PEACE!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Huge hugs babygirl, you have been through a great trama, and show already great courage.
But God created us to be able to turn to another in need, and you do need another to help you through this.
It can be your pastor, it can be a person trained in rape recovery counceling.
Its just important that you know you are not alone in this. :)
I am praying for you in Jesus's name, for all healing and streangth from God Our Father, and for the right councel

Huge hugs and God bless
pickles

Sep 8, 2012
I'm so sorry.
Jesus cares.
Why didn't he keep you from getting raped?
I don't know.
I only know all the pain they caused you is covered under His perfect blood which was shed for you.
(The rapist has his reward.......believe me), Jesus said if you touch(offend) one of these little ones(you), it would be better to be dropped into deep water with cement shoes(or the equivalent).

All the voices that say you're worthless are liars.
If you were worthless Jesus wouldn't have come and lived a perfect life and suffered an obedient death.
- At the hands of sinners no less - - - at the hands of religious sinners.

You are worth that much!
And you have suffered by the action of an evil man, what do you think He did?
So He is touched by what happened to you. - Hebrews 2:10-18.(read it)
He came to save you from that situation.
Why didn't He? - He IS right now. He is saving your soul, He is reaping your pain.
From all doubt, from all pain, and from all fear.
No one can take you out of His hands, - Romans 8:31-39 (read it)

A terrible thing has happened to you, but a worse thing happened to Him.
- And through it-(His sufferings in your stead), he is not going to leave you or forsake you....because He knows what you have been through.
-- Hebrews 2:10-18; Romans 8:31-39 (read them again)
Also read what He went through to buy you from these dastardly works of evil: John's Gospel, chapter's 18 and 19.

May Jesus bless you sweetheart!
He will, He does, that's the whole reason why He came. - To get to know us in the fellowship of our sufferings and to save us from them eternally.

Last edited:
H

hattiebod

Dear Girl, you are so loved but it is also so normal to be traumatised by what has happened to you. What about calling a rape crisis help line? it would be a start to being able to share this, when it is out in the light, God can begin the healing. I pray, despite the hurt, you will indeed feel His presence and know you are SO much more than anything this world can throw at you...you are the daughter of the King, most beautiful i His eyes. I pray you will know the comfort of His arms...

'So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Heb. 13:6.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

God Bless you and may He pour His never ending abundant hope, strength and peace upon you, <><

R

rosangela

hi my friend i know god is with you i am also passing threw some tribulation but god heals all would i dont have many friends because i always isolate myself i have been threw alot i am going to tell you my friend i was sexually abused by my real father and god is healing me and i tell you its going to be ok i pray that my lord jesus heals your wounds and gives you comfort and peace GOD BLESS YOU MY SISTER.

D

Duckies

Hello friend, i am so terribly sorry to hear about your situation.. i cannot even imagine the the depressive feeling. But i can tell you that God loves you so very much !! that he will heal you through this, do not give up on him for he will show you just how much he cares and how this world cannot defeat you. You will walk strong and victorious out of this, having a Joy and peace only given by God him self !

The suggestions above are fantastic, do not cage your self in this, have some human interaction and let it all out.
God is here for you and will keep working on healing you through this difficult time, but let others be his tools for this work, a hug, an i care, a shoulder to cry on, a reminder that we are not physically alone in this world is so important for us humans; you don't want get lost in solitude, keep praying and interact as much as you are comfortable with at first, but do try friend.

We are all always going to be here to pray for you and be here to provide all the spiritual support you may need; so feel free to stop by whenever you want to chat with us or are just reaching out!

God Bless and a big brother in Christ /Hug for you.

error

Oct 23, 2009
Hey!

First of all I want to say-I'm really sorry that something so terrible has happen to you. But I know that God can fix our broken hearts. He is there for you. And I think you need to find some help (maybe visit psychologist). Rape is a very serious thing. Things like that damages your soul, body and mind. I will pray for you. If you want to talk-let me know.

I just want you to know-despite of all the bad things you are going through right now-God loves you very much. You are His precious daughter. I'm sending lots of love your way.

W

woka

I have been trained in counselling and want to encourage you by saying that everything that you are feeling is 100% what you are supposed to be feeling. What has happened to you is not ok, you have every right to feel the way you do. The Lord loves you and for that reason has made a way for you, there are 24hr rape counsellors available either online or via the telephone or even the walk in centres. Please go and talk to one of them.

This is usually a free service. You do need to talk to someone and the longer we leave something the harder it gets to get the help we need. I will pray that the Lord strengthens you to make that contact and to get to talk the ladies who really do understand.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Babygurl, my heart breaks for you. I went through a horrific experience about a decade ago and fell into a deeeep depression. There were a lot of people praying for me, and at least in my case, I can see now how the Lord worked it for my good. The thing that worked for me was to take all my focus off of myself and put it on others, but it took a long time to get out of it. I earnestly pray the Lord will ease your pain. In Jesus name I pray.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Father thank you for giving her peace back, and removing this from her heart, in Jesus name

S

Siberian_Khatru

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." (Matthew 5:4)

Hang in there, and we'll be flooding your thread with prayers, babygurl. :)