Very telling...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
We're preaching against books too?

Hmm, yes... The evils of Dr. Seuss cannot be overstated. Him and his heretical one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. :rolleyes:

it's the green eggs and ham

I don't think even ketchup would help with that

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
it's the green eggs and ham

I don't think even ketchup would help with that

It won't.

Fun fact: eggs really do turn green after a while.
Our church used to run a breakfast bar for the local Coon Hunt club when they came back in from an overnight hunt. If the scrambled eggs stayed on the hot bar too long they would take on a definite green tinge.

And you're right. Even ketchup won't help after that.

Sep 28, 2023
I think secular music is 'strange fire', the way God describes a ungodly sacrifice
Bingo! Good way to put it.

It's something that has been offered to idols or otherwise created for purposes other than to please the Lord.

secular music is not being offered to God while it may be an affront to God
The Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ... is NOT leading anybody to listen to UN-holy or UN-Godly music

Let' us remember that only those lead by the Holy Spirit are God's Children...

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
It won't.

Fun fact: eggs really do turn green after a while.
Our church used to run a breakfast bar for the local Coon Hunt club when they came back in from an overnight hunt. If the scrambled eggs stayed on the hot bar too long they would take on a definite green tinge.

And you're right. Even ketchup won't help after that.

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
There's plenty of corruption just in Christian Music.
On top of that, most (practically all) who make Christian music don't listen only to Christian music themselves.

Sep 28, 2023
Yes, it would appear that most of these folks are in it for the money and the notoriety

Music is supposed to be a ministry, a calling

Simona1988

Mar 15, 2021
"All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any."

1 Corinthians 6, 12

Sep 28, 2023
"All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any."

1 Corinthians 6, 12

Yep... and many use this verse to go ahead and live in sin.
After all... it does say ALL things are lawful, right? banana_dancing.gif

Simona1988

Mar 15, 2021
Freedom is a scary gift. If it's irresponsible it leads you inevitably to sin; if you give it up you end up in legalism and formalism (which lead to spiritual death).

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Let' us remember that only those lead by the Holy Spirit are God's Children...
Which means that if you're a professing Christian who listens to The Who, you are in fact destined for Hell. This is The Epistle of the Jimmy everyone. But, then again, Jimmy's the Jimmy...

Sep 28, 2023
Freedom is a scary gift. If it's irresponsible it leads you inevitably to sin; if you give it up you end up in legalism and formalism (which lead to spiritual death).

God gave man free will... and the smart ones use that to turn away from the power of the devil unto the power of God.

Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Simona1988

Mar 15, 2021
God gave man free will... and the smart ones use that to turn away from the power of the devil unto the power of God.

Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
Matthew 5, 29-30

If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

If you feel that secular music makes you sin, cut your ears off, I mean turn the music off. Simple.

Sep 28, 2023
If you feel that secular music makes you sin, cut your ears off, I mean turn the music off. Simple.

James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.