Voice of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 5, 2024
How do we know when we heard the voice of God? Many will say search the scriptures but on the other hand many will say we are taking scriptures out of content.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I recall one (of several) times when God spoke clearly to me. It wasn't audible, but it was clear nonetheless.

I been searching for some time for someone who was in medical distress. I was crossing a bridge on foot, and looking to the left, thinking I needed to go in that direction. I sensed the Lord gently nudge me to go to the right. I looked again to the left, thinking again that I needed to go there, and the Lord spoke firmly to go to the right... so I did when I reached the end of the bridge. I found the person in that area about ten seconds later.

God does speak through the Bible, but He also speaks to us about life situations for which there is no directly-relevant Scripture passage.

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
How do we know when we heard the voice of God? Many will say search the scriptures but on the other hand many will say we are taking scriptures out of content.
1Ki 19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

1Ki 19:12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire > a still small voice.

The old saying: The greatest cargos of life come in over quiet seas

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
If the voice sounds like Sean Connery, and an old Bond movie isn't playing in the background, it's probably God.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Matthew 11
27All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.

28Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
We are led by the Lord in our intuition. Usually, it is an impression or a sense to do something without an obvious reason. One time, I was given a nudge to go home a different way. We passed a homeless man (homeless by choice) that we'd had a bit to do with before. We were able to help him financially a little. He was in tears as he was in great need at the time. He believes in God but I don't know that he is born again. Obviously God is calling him. The goodness of God is to lead us to repentance. This kind of thing happens often in my life. It should be the experience of every born again believer.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Hi flyhill12,
Welcome to the forums.

I heard from the Lord earlier.
I asked Him for help understanding His Word this morning. At a particular chapter in 2 Kings I was trying to follow the characters of the story. I asked who so and so was after trying to figure it out unsuccessfully. Right after I asked, flipped back a few pages and He brought my eyes to the exact part of the verse that answered that question exactly. That could not happen except for a miracle. By miracle, I do not say it was one of creation or healing. It was one which only He could do. I had no way to know and had not memorized where it was. As that happened more frequently in my readings, I decided to write a short description of each and date soas to write it in a book later on.
He showed me in other circumstantial ways too. There are usually requirements before God speaks to us. None of that was audible, however I believe that He has used others to let me know what He wanted me to know/ learn. They did not hear audibly either.

That said, I think that preachers who say that God audibly said such and such are either lying or speaking from their own imagination. I have several biblical reasons why I say that, but don't have time to get into it further right now.

So what do you think?

Jan 5, 2024
Hi flyhill12,
Welcome to the forums.

I heard from the Lord earlier.
I asked Him for help understanding His Word this morning. At a particular chapter in 2 Kings I was trying to follow the characters of the story. I asked who so and so was after trying to figure it out unsuccessfully. Right after I asked, flipped back a few pages and He brought my eyes to the exact part of the verse that answered that question exactly. That could not happen except for a miracle. By miracle, I do not say it was one of creation or healing. It was one which only He could do. I had no way to know and had not memorized where it was. As that happened more frequently in my readings, I decided to write a short description of each and date soas to write it in a book later on.
He showed me in other circumstantial ways too. There are usually requirements before God speaks to us. None of that was audible, however I believe that He has used others to let me know what He wanted me to know/ learn. They did not hear audibly either.

That said, I think that preachers who say that God audibly said such and such are either lying or speaking from their own imagination. I have several biblical reasons why I say that, but don't have time to get into it further right now.

So what do you think?
I don’t know. Confusion is at all time high

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Hebrews 4:7B plus 9
:)

Pardizzle

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
Being able to discern the difference between God speaking to us or not, isn't always easy and straight forward. I can tell you this though, if what we think is God speaking to us, contradicts in ANY way from what the Bible tells us....then it is not from God!

Mar 4, 2024
I believe God’s voice will confirm what we’re already hearing. Usually it’s some sim holding us (me) back. I know I’ve heard God on some things and He’s also showed me where a sin (little foxes) are hindering it. Now that I’ve heard God, it’s the “obeying” part that is the challenge.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Now that I’ve heard God, it’s the “obeying” part that is the challenge.
Precious friend, yes agree challenging, as some teach we better "obey" all, but then
ignore that all 'includes' Contradictory commands to be "obeyed," eh? - ie:

I have decided to follow Jesus?

Amen.