Waiting for Gay marriage at your church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

Thanks for the clarification, I guess Presbyterians are gonna be like baptist and have 1,000 different sub denominations.
Baptists may have a couple dozen "subdenominations" but except for Free Will Baptists, the Southern, American, Northern, and General are almost completely in agreement. Even the Primitive and Landmark Baptists don't differ that much. Divisions like that are merely preference of worship, not serious doctrinal differences.

[/thread derail] :cool:

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Not only that but here is another. It is now "legal" within the Presbyterian Church USA for a pastor to be openly gay. How can you preach against sin if you not only openly sin in front of the congregation and condone sin within the church?
ok, well, hold on to your seats, here... some churches see the bible as something that is to be interpreted differently in different times and places.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
ok, well, hold on to your seats, here... some churches see the bible as something that is to be interpreted differently in different times and places.
by 'hold on to your seats', I meant that some will find that idea outlandish...

E

elf3

Not arguing with you on that as I think you are correct some churches interpret that particular subject wrong. But it's pretty hard to go along with the "gay agenda" when Paul mentions how wrong it is way more than just once or twice.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
E

elf3

This firefighter was fired for his Christian beliefs and conducting a men's Bible study that dealt with homosexuality. Homosexuals and their fascist supporters will stop at nothing to force EVERYBODY to accept their perverse sexual acts, and speak not against them.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/h...e-mayor?&_suid=142142229935305626377707812935
One thing we must be very careful not to do is "lump" all gays into the same group. That would be like saying every Christian is a Westboro Baptist. We need to change things up a bit. Instead of showing hatred we need to show love as only the love of Christ can win a person to Him. Hatred only turns people away.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Upon graduation from high school, over 80% of the students who have been raised in Church, including those raised in Christian homes, will stop attending church. A few that are raised outside of Christian homes will return. Although a larger percentage of those who were raised in Christian homes who return is much better, most of them have become more liberal in interpretation of the Bible than their parents. Unless we do a better job of teaching the younger Christians the Bible now, this will spell disaster for the future of the church. Bring your children up in a Christian home. Address each and every Bible related issue of the day every day. Most of all, be the parent that God expects you to be.

Yes, it's not here yet, but I can foresee when "gay weddings" accepted by most churches, not because of the government, but because of the liberalization of the church. I'll die in prison before I preform one. I hope that every Christian and pastor would do the same. In the same respect, I will do the same before I unequally yoke two, by marrying a non Christian couple. I hope that every Christian and pastor would do the same.

A

Anonimous

No......................................................