Wanna married

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Good morning Magenta!

Canada has a lot better immigration system compared to USA. If you recall my joke in another thread about the Canadian and US border customs agent, that pretty much illustrates the attitudes in US (sink or swim mindset) or Canada (more friendly but also more pragmatic).

My wife has a cousin in Toronto and we (including my 10 year old kids back then) visited her about 5 years ago.
Personally i love Canada and i think i mentioned this somewhere else that if it wasn't so damn cold, i would move to Canada.
But despite this i asked for details on what would be involved if i moved with my family. Engaging the locals is also something i do frequently when i travel so i'm not in full tourist mode all the time.

It turns out that even for a US citizen is pretty difficult to move to Canada. Short of getting married or having a GreenCard lottery (which Canda offers) it's pretty much impossible to move there. Even if a company guarantees your visa, that doesn't mean you have a future in your residence there.
This is actually very good because it means that Canada has a strict immigration system compared to US.
Also, even for immigrants that they accept, they require a level of education from them and some skills. This is also good.
Finally the best part is the integration system that Canada provides which is non existent in US. In Canada, immigrants get about 2000 dollars per month per person (average) which requires them to go to school for a year, learn English, learn the Canadian way of life while helping them with rent and food.
So, this program integrates people into the Canadian society. In US the mentality is sink or swim.
I was very impressed with the Canadian immigration system compared to the US and i initially thought that it would be more relaxed than US but it turned out to be the opposite.
I hope they keep it like this and they don't destroy these policies because this is what makes a country run better.
Eh... Not so sure handing out $2,000/month is a good immigration policy. I think "sink or swim" is fine, as you should have something to offer us here before we decide to let you in. Of course there are exceptions, like asylum-seekers, but generally I think the immigrant should prove their worth to the country, and not be treated like they're doing us a favor for entering.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Eh... Not so sure handing out $2,000/month is a good immigration policy. I think "sink or swim" is fine, as you should have something to offer us here before we decide to let you in. Of course there are exceptions, like asylum-seekers, but generally I think the immigrant should prove their worth to the country, and not be treated like they're doing us a favor for entering.
They do make sure you have something to offer before being allowed in.
Also, even for immigrants that they accept, they require a level of education from them and some skills. This is also good.