Wanting to spread God's Word, but not knowing where to start.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

penknight

Jan 6, 2014
I want to help spread the Gospel, but I don't how to go about it. What kind of people do I talk to? Should I go them, or should they come to me? From which Bible do I quote? What if I mislead them by mistake? What if I am unable to spread because I don't have transportation or because of an injury? Does spreading the word on the internet count? Should I go on websites and give the Word to those who seem to it?

Earlier I was thinking about the parable about the servants and their talents. I don't want to be like the one who buried his.

I love the LORD God and I don't want to disappoint Him, and don't want Him to think that I'm a coward because I'm not afraid to give it a shot, I just don't know how to start.

Your thoughts will be appreciated, thanks.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Pray for the Lord to use you wherever you go. Then let him lead you. he will put it on your heart what to say.
Read your bible, invite others to church with you, let your light shine. I would think in person would be better.
Just be a willing vessel and pray daily for him to send people to you or use you.

J

Jesus_lover_of_my_soul

Find a friend to go with, because if you fall the other can lift you up. Be ready for persecution, expect it and take it patiently. God will reward you.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
I want to help spread the Gospel, but I don't how to go about it. What kind of people do I talk to? Should I go them, or should they come to me? From which Bible do I quote? What if I mislead them by mistake? What if I am unable to spread because I don't have transportation or because of an injury? Does spreading the word on the internet count? Should I go on websites and give the Word to those who seem to it?

Earlier I was thinking about the parable about the servants and their talents. I don't want to be like the one who buried his.

I love the LORD God and I don't want to disappoint Him, and don't want Him to think that I'm a coward because I'm not afraid to give it a shot, I just don't know how to start.

How about sharing the gospel to your college mates like over coffee or lunch? I find it easier evangelising to people that I’ve established a relationship with. You could also distribute gospel tracts on campus if it's permitted. Pray for divine direction and whatever bible passage the LORD impresses upon your heart, share it and trust that He will bring forth the increase. I believe that God will honour whatever method you employ as you're serving Him faithfully.

Cheers. :)

S

sureshjames

i am also struggling with similar situation

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
1 Cor 9
19 Even though I am a free man with no master, I have become a slave to all people to bring many to Christ. 20 When I was with the Jews, I lived like a Jew to bring the Jews to Christ. When I was with those who follow the Jewish law, I too lived under that law. Even though I am not subject to the law, I did this so I could bring to Christ those who are under the law. 21 When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law, I too live apart from that law so I can bring them to Christ. But I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ.

22 When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. 23 I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings.

Basically you be a friend.......

One thing I have noticed, is when you actually care about the person as another person... And you talk from your heart about Christ... People listen... I have noticed when you go in with an agenda and just want to 'save' them... you end up pushing them even further away from Christ... (take my warning on this, because to find it out from experience will break your heart)

Because the biggest thing many people miss is: disciple making is not about saying the perfect verse... Or remembering the most verses... It is all about God... God chooses to use you... If God wanted to, he could give that person an epiphany and they could come to Christ without you, but God chooses to use people as His hands and feet... And God chooses to use those who most resemble His Son, or have their heart closest to His Son...

And His Son loved everyone with such a love he took a bullet for us all... If you go there to get to know the person, talk about their life, where they came from, where they are going... Pray for their struggles and bond with them as family... Then you will show them Christ...

No one wants a Christ that comes from a person that just wants to save people... They want a person who they can cry with... Laugh with... and talk with...

Don't go there to preach to them... But pray that you shine like a light in darkness to this person... And go there to love them...

M

mark_seven

first focus to the people around you, show your life's testimony as a Christian,

M

Marrek90

Have you watched any videos made by Living Waters University ? Here's a link to their youtube chanel Living Waters University - YouTube . In their videos they teach people how to share the Gospel in a practical way .
They also have this somewhat new show called The Comfort Zone , which also aims to equip people for sharing the Gospel.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011

Hello there PenKnight,

You could start out with Gospel Tracts. Check out the Fellowship Tract League website and place an order. Once you receive your tracts. Then pray over them, and pray to the Lord and ask Him to lead you and to where He wants you to go.

Also, you can start tracting in your local area. Tracting is a very effective way to spread the Gospel.

Also, you can spread the Gospel online as well. There are many online venues which you can tap into: Youtube, other Forums, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

When it comes to evangelism, we should be the ones to go the people. After all, the Lord Jesus Christ said that we are to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15).

And regarding which Bible to quote from. I recommend the King James Bible.

Don't use the modern versions. Because they are corrupt. And you can see one of the reasons why by viewing the video below:

What Satan is hiding by removing 'Lucifer' in Isa.14:12

[video=youtube;hDfL_bSAl5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDfL_bSAl5w[/video]

This is a video discussing what Satan (aka Lucifer) is attempting to hide by changing his name in Isa.14:12. He is destroying the cross reference to him falling as lightening in Lk.10:18, and being thrown down to earth in the middle of the Tribulation in Rev.12:7-10.
So, by getting the name Lucifer removed from the Bible, Lucifer not only received a cross references to verses referring to the Lord Jesus Christ (2Pe.
1:19 and Rev.22:16) but hides his own fate as falling, not ascending, as he claimed he would in Isa.14:13
. Unable to do so in reality, he does so in the modern versions, aided by all those who support the corrupt readings that change the name from Lucifer to 'day star' or 'morning star'
[HR][/HR]

Well I hope this helped. Take care now. And again, check out the Fellowship Tract League website.

penknight

Jan 6, 2014
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice.

F

FlowerMubai

In front of your nose. That is your mission field.