Warning to All.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 27, 2011
[h=1]Warning to All.[/h]

Some of us bow down or worship graven images and we say it is our traditions in our churches or communities. But listen carefully to what the LORD GOD, the creator of heavens and earth is telling and warning us not to do.

HE says “You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your GOD am a jealous GOD”.

The GOD of Host is warning us that we should not make for ourselves any graven image or likeness of anything in heaven above or on earth beneath.

So, those who are bowing or serving or worshiping any graven image in heaven or on earth whether the image of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior or Mary the mother of Jesus or angel etc are clearly disobeying the instructions of GOD. They do not listen to GOD but they listen to their master who is the devil.

For example, go to catholic churches and you will see the image of Mary the mother of Jesus; and the catholic Christians bow down in front of this image; and when you ask them that why are they bowing down in front of the image of Mary the mother of Jesus; some will say they are honoring Mary and others will say it is their tradition. What an evil practice or tradition! These clearly shows how they have been led astray because they do not understand the scripture and the power of GOD as Jesus said.

Prophet Isaiah has already prophesied of this evil practice of bowing or serving or worshiping graven images a long time ago. Listen to what Jesus said, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men’. You leave the commandment of GOD, and hold fast the tradition of man”.

GOD who created Mary the mother of Jesus and every one of us, is telling and warning us not to bow down or serve or worship any graven image or any likeness of anything in heaven or on earth. But we are so stubborn in such a way that we do not obey GOD’S instructions but we obey the evil instructions and traditions of man which are found in our churches and communities.

If we have the opportunity to meet Mary the mother of Jesus, she will say clearly to those who have made images of her and bow down to it that they are not honoring her but they are honoring their master who is the devil. She will also say to them that if they were honoring her, they would have obeyed the instructions of the creator of the universe (GOD) who created her and by so doing they will be honoring her. Mary herself obeyed the instructions of GOD.

My dear, this is the truth and it must be spoken. Whether you accept it or not; it is the truth and no one can change it. Heaven and earth may pass away but the truth will remain forever because it is the word of GOD and this word is GOD himself that is why the Bible says “In the beginning was the word; the word was with GOD; and the word was GOD”.
For the wrath of GOD is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of men who by their wickedness suppress the truth. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the Immortal GOD for images resembling mortal man or birds or animals or plants etc.

My dear parents, sisters, brothers and friends; thus says the LORD, who created the heavens and stretched them out , who spread forth the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people upon it and spirit to those who walk in it: “I am the LORD, I have called you in righteousness, I have taken you by the hand and kept you; for I am the LORD that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to graven images”.

GOD do not share his glory or praise or worship with anybody or graven images. So if you have any image of Jesus or the image of Mary the mother of Jesus or the image of angels or the image of saints or whatever images in your house or churches or communities and you go there and bow down to it or worship it; know that you are disobeying the instructions of GOD and you are worshiping idols.

Men and Women of the world, now therefore why do you make trial of GOD by bowing or serving graven images?

Men and Women of the world, and you that fear GOD, listen again; beware, therefore, lest there come upon you what is said in the prophets:
‘Behold, you scoffers, and wonder, and perish; for I do a deed in your days, a deed you will never believe, if one declares it to you.’

Remember, GOD has said that HE is a jealous GOD. You know what a jealous person can do to you.

Please! Please! Please! Do not bring GOD wrath upon you and your family. Turn away from such evil traditions and obey GOD’S instructions and you will be save and bless.
Don’t allow your churches or communities to fool you with their evil practices or traditions which have been of old. Anything contrary to the words of GOD is evil.

GOD loves you so much and always obey His instructions and not that of man.
Thank you so much Heavenly Father for your word which is life and everything to us.
Give GOD thanks and praises in whatever situations you find yourself in.
Blessed be your name forever LORD JESUS.
Thanks,
T.M.Pelekeh.

R

Richie_2uk

That also includes photos of Jesus on portraits, or religious backgrounds with the face of Jesus. Its still making images of Jesus when He clearly tells us not to. I understand, the feeling somewhat people get when they see a picture of Jesus on a painting or a picture. But at the end of the day. Its still making carved, engraved images from heaven above.

However I dont think this is a major warning, though its something that Jesus told us not to do. I would be more enclined to warn people more of Jesus second coming. As we have seen and heard and witnessing today some prophesies has taken place thats been pretold in the past. That tells me that we are without a doubt, we are living in end times.

As Jesus said he will come like a thief in the night, and that no one knows, not even the angels in heaven knows when his return will be. Don't listen to the lunartics who predicts end times, they don't know nothing. There will be of those who like to scare monger the world and scream and shout they world is going to end such and such a day and time.

So I would be more enclined to warn about the things that Jesus is going to do, more rather than warn of an instruction Jesus gave. But Yes I can see your point. as there are many types of engraven, carved, painted, images of Jesus of what they think he looked like. But if they actually look in the bible. His discription looks like nothing they portait in the images you see.

So technically those who has painted, engraved or carved out, is giving a false attribute, and false information. The pagans However are more to point the finger at in a sense, as they were the first to start making drawings more open and in the world today. though in the times of Jesus, there were those who carved, religious things like animals as threre gods.

T

Tintin

Wait, artwork of Jesus is sinful? I know most of it portrays him as a miserable, malnourished Caucasian man, but that's going a bit far. It's just an exploration of their love for their Lord. I don't know anyone who worships artwork of Jesus Christ, rather than Jesus himself.

R

Richie_2uk

Wait, artwork of Jesus is sinful? I know most of it portrays him as a miserable, malnourished Caucasian man, but that's going a bit far. It's just an exploration of their love for their Lord. I don't know anyone who worships artwork of Jesus Christ, rather than Jesus himself.
Says clearly in the bible In Exodus 20:4 " You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. " ( NIV ) Artwork or not, however you put it. Its there clearly in the bible, as a commandment.
I don't make the rules, its Jesus's own words that says it, if its to far, then maybe you approach Jesus about it.

J

JDecree

Says clearly in the bible In Exodus 20:4 " You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. " ( NIV ) Artwork or not, however you put it. Its there clearly in the bible, as a commandment.
I don't make the rules, its Jesus's own words that says it, if its to far, then maybe you approach Jesus about it.

All due respect, you have to read the verse after which finishes the thought. :)

Exo 20:4
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

"thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them" Them who? The graven image or likeness which you treat as a god. I am in no way condoning having some kind of carved idol in your possession, that is just asking for trouble.

Just my 2 cents

God bless you

Aug 27, 2011
Just as I said above, the issue here is bowing or serving this graven images that is evil. Having the image of Jesus in your house or anywhere; there is nothing wrong with that but serving or bowing or worshiping these images is what is wrong because GOD is Spirit and we must worship Him only in Spirit and truth.

A

AmmiAmmiel

The Human Brain is an Idol factory - John Calvin.

The most idolatry going on today is with people in the Church creating an image of God in their own minds based off of what they want Him to be. They want a God who they can control,..

L

LT

As long as you guys don't go around burning crosses, like some mistaken people did during the Reformation. (it caused a war)

I think some people make idols out of their church building. They only worship God when at a house of worship, but forget that their whole life is to be worship to Him.