Was God Lonely?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I often hear the statement, God made man so He could have someone to have fellowship with. Does this rub you funny or does it enlighten your darkness?
I am not trying to belittle the importance of us fellowshipping with God,

but to imply God needs our fellowship??
Did He subjugate Himself to that need, if it truly is?

B

BirdiesLoveJesus

God wasn't lonely, he was not lacking.. he created us because he is full of love and wanted to pour that out. He doesn't need us, but he wants us. Just like I don't need to go buy a puppy.. but I want one. :p and I buy a puppy because I want to pour my love for something that NEEDS me. but i'd be fine without it.

A

Abiding

right before i pressed reply i read birdies post and hit backspace:cool:

B

BirdiesLoveJesus

You were going to use the puppy analogy too !?!?! hahah :p jk jk jk

A

Abiding

Nope just wanted to say He has absolutely no Needs fully content in Himself.
But He does have desires, i paused and read your post.....hmm woman can say things so much better
than me:cool:

A

Abiding

I did think of something tho....I do old building crafts and i love how it looks
when i see the works of my hands.

The only problem has been that i need to do it for money. Ive dreamed
of the day i could retire and do it for the joy of seeing the glory of my
hands without any reason at all but that i can and i love it

Now i know thats far from God but its close to the puppy thingy

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Nope just wanted to say He has absolutely no Needs fully content in Himself.
But He does have desires, i paused and read your post.....hmm woman can say things so much better
than me:cool:
Then ya shoulda hit delete instead of backspace :p ;):)

A

Abiding

delete

B

BirdiesLoveJesus

ahahahah :p :)

Feb 17, 2010
I guess there is a difference between LONELY, and ALONE! When Jesus was on His way to be crucified, remember how He send His disciples to a village for acoomodation the night before Jerusalem.... And NOBODY wanted to give Jesus a place to lay down His head. Not even his own parents house was available, because He said these words... Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Imagine how ALONE Jesus was. And also when He cried on the mount of olives... He wanted SO BADLY that the people would believe He was the messiah.... So I would say,, YES Jesus was very sad about the LACK of faith in people! was He lonely, I doubt that. He had ALL the angels to His disposal.

T

Tintin

Exactly Birdies, God had/has a perfect relationship with himself in what we call the Trinity. To suggest otherwise isn't biblical. God chose to adopt us into his family but not all choose to receive his Son.

J

JLHillsSr

Man was created in order to give the Father more sons.

A

Ariel82

I often hear the statement, God made man so He could have someone to have fellowship with. Does this rub you funny or does it enlighten your darkness?
I am not trying to belittle the importance of us fellowshipping with God,

but to imply God needs our fellowship??
Did He subjugate Himself to that need, if it truly is?
??? "rub you funny"??? is that what you call it?

it just reminds me of these Bible verses:

Acts 17
[SUP]24 [/SUP]“God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. [SUP]25 [/SUP]Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.

God doesn't need our worship, but we need to worship and give thanks to Him because life without God is not worth living.

C

Chr

No God was not lonely, God doesn't need anyone.We are the needy ones, God is the giver and we are the recievers.