Was God the Father angry with us?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 22, 2015
Amen brother.. The Lord is good and His mercy endures forever!

We have a good, good Father!

If it wasn't for GOD's mercy, the wrath of his holiness would consume us.

[It is of] the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. Lamentations 3:22

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
God's holiness has very little to do with sin. Holiness means "other"...."completely different from everything else".... God before the foundation of the world was holy before sin was around.

We just have been taught by our religious upbringing to be sin-conscious so much that we zero in on sin as if it's the antithesis of God's holiness.

Sin has been deal with at the cross by the Lord Jesus Christ! Refuse His love and He will still love us. God's wrath is His love in action on the very thing that seeks to destroy those He loves dearly.

God is not wrath! God IS love. Any thoughts we have about the wrath of God/Lamb has to be looked at through the "lens" of the love of God.

Just some of my thoughts on it...
now that makes sense to me... that God's wrath is against sin... not sinners...

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
If it wasn't for GOD's mercy, the wrath of his holiness would consume us.

[It is of] the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. Lamentations 3:22
yes, I guess I just don't understand it... Jesus was holy and around sinful people... but became wrathful only in certain situations...

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
God is a multi-tasker.

Nov 22, 2015
He was only "wrathful" at the religious people (Pharisee and Saducees ) who were rejecting the grace of God and relying on their own works.

Sin does not scare God...nor does it offend Him. Just watch Jesus around the so-called sinners by the religious people...they love being around Him!...What does grieve Him is religious people that say to others not to trust in the grace of God....trust in your works..just like we do!

This is a common thing even to this day!

yes, I guess I just don't understand it... Jesus was holy and around sinful people... but became wrathful only in certain situations...

Sep 4, 2012
Jesus is the manifestation of GOD's grace. Grace allows GOD to dwell with the sinful. Without it, we would all be consumed in the fire of his wrath. That is how much he loves us; to be willing to be around sin that his holiness hates so much in order to save us.

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came about through Jesus Christ. John 1:17

prove-all

May 16, 2014
What Christ Will Do When He Returns

When Christ returns, exactly why will God have to punish mankind?
Revelation 11:18, last few words; and Zephaniah 1:17.

18And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead,
that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants
the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great;

and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

17And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men,
because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out
as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

Comment: God is love (1 John 4:16). God and Christ love all of humanity (John 3:16).
But Christ will be angry at the sins of mankind when He returns.

To save the human race alive (Matthew 24:22), He is coming to punish in love!
Otherwise, man would destroy all life upon the Earth!

In love, God revealed His way of life that leads to everything good and desirable
—including eternal life—to our first parents, Adam and Eve. But they rejected that way.
Their descendants have continued to reject God’s way for 6,000 years!

Therefore, as any wise and loving father punishes his children for their own good
when they refuse to respond to kind and loving verbal admonition, an all-loving,
all-wise God will have to punish this world to bring it to its senses!

The glorified Christ is coming in all the splendor, power and glory of God
to stop escalating wars, nuclear mass destruction, and human pain and suffering.

He is coming to usher in peace, abundant prosperity, happiness and joy for all mankind.

but right before that, the time period of God’s wrath is called the day of the Lord
Isaiah 13:6, 9; Joel 1:15; Zephaniah 1:18.

8For it is the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the year of recompences
for the controversy of Zion.

2To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all that mourn;

4For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Grace allows GOD to dwell with the sinful.
Without it, we would all be consumed in the fire of his wrath.
The bible says God does not hear the prayers of sinners

29The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.

2But your iniquities have separated between you and your God,
and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

31Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper
of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

12For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open
unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

16The face of the Lord is against them that do evil,
to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

But your iniquities have separated between you and your God,

For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face,
neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes.

Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked;
but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways;
for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy,
let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous,
let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Nov 22, 2015
If God doesn't hear the prayers of sinners..we would never get saved!

maybe we need to take all scripture into context.. just sayin':rolleyes:

The bible says God does not hear the prayers of sinners

29The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.

2But your iniquities have separated between you and your God,

31Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper
of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

12For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open
unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

16The face of the Lord is against them that do evil,
to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

But your iniquities have separated between you and your God,

For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face,
neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes.

Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked;
but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways;
for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy,
let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous,
let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
If God doesn't hear the prayers of sinners..we would never get saved!

maybe we need to take all scripture into context.. just sayin':rolleyes:
True. For example in John's letter which speaks of God being love he begins with the fact that God is Light and in Him there is no darkness at all. Thus if we walk in darkness His wrath is levelled at us. 'For the wrath of God (including Jesus Christ) is revealed from Heaven against all the ungodliness of men who hold down the truth by their unrighteousness' (Rom 1.18). Why? Because they reject the light.

In other words God is of such purity that He MUST condemn and punish sin. His anger is revealed against the world. That is what the world deserves. It would be unrighteous of God not to do so.

But from the foundation of the world God was determined to show love towards sinners who repent. Thus in the mind of God Christ was crucified for us before the foundation of the world (Acts 2.23). Because of that He has always been ready to show compassion on sinners who repent.

So on the one hand we have God's anger against sin, on the other His love and compassion revealed through the cross. Humanly speaking it is our choice as to where we stand.

Nov 22, 2015
Amen! Thank God Christ is our righteousness and we are in the Light in Him!

True. For example in John's letter which speaks of God being love he begins with the fact that God is Light and in Him there is no darkness at all. Thus if we walk in darkness His wrath is levelled at us. 'For the wrath of God (including Jesus Christ) is revealed from Heaven against all the ungodliness of men who hold down the truth by their unrighteousness' (Rom 1.18). Why? Because they reject the light.

In other words God is of such purity that He MUST condemn and punish sin. His anger is revealed against the world. That is what the world deserves. It would be unrighteous of God not to do so.

But from the foundation of the world God was determined to show love towards sinners who repent. Thus in the mind of God Christ was crucified for us before the foundation of the world (Acts 2.23). Because of that He has always been ready to show compassion on sinners who repent.

So on the one hand we have God's anger against sin, on the other His love and compassion revealed through the cross. Humanly speaking it is our choice as to where we stand.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
He was only "wrathful" at the religious people (Pharisee and Saducees ) who were rejecting the grace of God and relying on their own works.
right! so, God doesn't react with wrath towards all sin, just certain kinds...

also it looks like sinners don't always cringe and die in the presence of the holy and almighty God...

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
But Christ will be angry at the sins of mankind when He returns.
yes... imo, this means there's kind of a time element here... God can choose to be angry now, or postpone it... how long? I suppose for as long as He wants...