Was i being taught a lesson

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

bobo

I left a job because i was becomming very complacent i wasnt happy and i was feeling hate towards some of the other staff. I went to a new job which did not work out and i ended up having to leave that due to a knee injury. I am now recovering from the opperation i have no money and no work but i feel like a changed person. I feel close to God i am not materialistic like i used to be i have forgiven those who crossed me and i am now thankfull for any kindness no matter how big or small.
Yes i am scare about my finances but i do believe God has put me through all this to teach me a lesson and to show me what is really precious is what you have when you have nothing and thats good friends and family. I do hope i get a job in the new year when i am tottaly recovered from my opp but i do thank the lord for this lesson and it wont be waisted on me i now know what counts.

U

Ugly

Yes, its the lessons we learn can be very trying, but the harder the trial the more valuable the outcome if we remain faithful.

C

chuinchoy

take courage sister. Rest assured that you are not alone. Trust me, God will help you in getting a job if you ask him to do so. I spoke with personal experience. You must do what pleases Him and you will see His blessings over-flows in you. GOD BLESS.

R

_Ryan_

It could very well be a test of your faith, "do you abandon God when things are at an all time low" or "do you seek God and put your faith into him". God is there 24/7, I have a sign above my bed that says "before you go to bed, give your troubles to God, he will be up all night anyway".
Good luck to you!!

B

bobo

Thankyou so much for your replies i did hit rock bottom last night and did feel like i couldnt cope any more with my financial possition and the pain in my knee from my opperation but today i feel much better im in less pain and i do feel like im starting to come out of this trying time. I have learnt a valuable lesson i am guilty of talking to the lord when things are bad and not so much when things are ticking over nicely i shall not make that mistake again.
I did feel through this time the devil has also been close and has been putting nasty thoughts in my head and has tried to guide me away from the lord but thankfully i dismissed these thoughts and words and kept my faith i feel strong again now thankyou lord .

P

psychomom

My very dear sister, your testimony to the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord has touched my heart! :)
We are such little ones, no matter how old we become, or how long we have walked with Him.
God uses all things for our good, chiefest of which is to conform us to the nature of Jesus.

He causes us to be humble toward Him, and then He uses that humility to show us things about
ourselves that we hadn't seen, and He washes us up all clean and shiny. :)
No matter how long I walk with the Lord, He just keeps making all things new! ♥

Grace to you, and peace with the Father, in the love of His Son,
ellie

B

bobo

Thankyou so much for your lovely replie you speak such sence its people like you that make this site such a valuable place for all us Christians to not only stay strong but also to stay togeather and stay on the right path God Bless you xxxx

jb

Feb 27, 2010
I left a job because....
This experience that you went through was initiated by youself and NOT by God (note the highlighted 'I'), however, if we face our mistakes and problems with the Lord Jesus as you have, He will ALWAYS bring good out of it!

Rom 8v28 states: 'We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.' (AMP)

Also remember that the Lord Jesus went through similiar types of experiences (but only worse), with the result that He is full of sympathy and compassion as He intercedes for you (every second of every day) in your circumstances, not only now, but also in the future. It is through life's experiences, trials and temptations that our wonderful dear Great High Priest (the Lord Jesus) is forming His beautiful character in His brothers and sisters and so preparing us to rule with Him (in eternity), so keep looking at (and into) the dear Lord Jesus...Rom 1v17, 8v17, Titus 2v12, Heb 2v10-18, 4v15, 12v1,2, James 1v2-4,12.

Yahweh Shalom...

B

bobo

Sorry JB not really understanding you ?

B

bobo

Dear JB
When i made the big decission to leave my first job it was through prayer and with i feel Gods will so i dont think what you said about it being all me really doesnt makes sence but thankyou for your response...

P

piper27

He will never leave your nor forsake you, never forget that! He did not cause this calamity -- but its his hand that leads you through it. He is faithful and good. Find scripture verses that edify and memorize them. Speak them over yourself and do not accept the condemnation from the enemy! You a prized child of the King!! Blessings!!!

P

psychomom

He will never leave your nor forsake you, never forget that! He did not cause this calamity -- but its his hand that leads you through it. He is faithful and good. Find scripture verses that edify and memorize them. Speak them over yourself and do not accept the condemnation from the enemy! You a prized child of the King!! Blessings!!!
Regarding what I bolded there, here is what one member (Red33) posted yesterday:

Heb 13:5
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. (In the greek it is a triple citation that says...'I will never, no never, no never...)

How's that for wonderful? :)

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for a new job to open up for you :).

I appreciate your wisdom in seeing that Satan will try to steal your joy in the Lord. We have to be always on the look out for that happening. Resentment and bitterness will definitely harm our relationship with God.

Thanks for sharing your story...it's a great encouragement.

T

Trax

I left a job because i was becomming very complacent i wasnt happy and i was feeling hate towards some of the other staff. I went to a new job which did not work out and i ended up having to leave that due to a knee injury. I am now recovering from the opperation i have no money and no work but i feel like a changed person. I feel close to God i am not materialistic like i used to be i have forgiven those who crossed me and i am now thankfull for any kindness no matter how big or small.
Yes i am scare about my finances but i do believe God has put me through all this to teach me a lesson and to show me what is really precious is what you have when you have nothing and thats good friends and family. I do hope i get a job in the new year when i am tottaly recovered from my opp but i do thank the lord for this lesson and it wont be waisted on me i now know what counts.
Why do you accuse God of putting you through something, when you come out and say you left
a job and wasn't happy? The lessons were at the job you left. Now, He's going to have to get
you another job, probably in the same type of environment, where you may not be happy. When you
fail to learn, He'll keep bringing you back around to go through the course again. When He gives you
a job, don't walk away from it. You can ask Him to find you something else, but if He don't, He
probably wants you to stay where you are at.

A

AgeofKnowledge

My personal opinion is that it doesn't matter if you are or not: private employers today rotate through personnel as a matter of course for all sorts of reasons.

No more cradle-to-grave employment with a single employer like our grandparents had. Not even remotely close. You're lucky if you can get five years in before they walk you to the door.