Was the Holy Spirit With Jesus and the Father in the Beginning?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
Or, was the Holy Spirit first manifested after Jesus died and then released on Earth? Is the Spirit a being or does the Holy Spirit have a form? Is it just a presence? Will the Holy Spirit sit with God the Father and the Son through eternity?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Or, was the Holy Spirit first manifested after Jesus died and then released on Earth? Is the Spirit a being or does the Holy Spirit have a form? Is it just a presence? Will the Holy Spirit sit with God the Father and the Son through eternity?
Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Gen 1:2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

K

kenisyes

The Holy Spirit is thought by most to be the "Spirit of God" that "moved over the waters" in Genesis 1. The Holy Spirit certainly came down on prophets, and sometimes on the elders of Israel in the desert, so He manifested many times before Jesus was on earth.

The Holy Spirit is never mentioned in a physical form in the Bible, other than as a dove, descending on Jesus at His Baptism. Of course, God can do whatever He wants, but most people experience the HS strictly as a presence. I doubt the word "sit" is appropriate for a spirit, but if you mean will He "abide" or "remain" with God forever, the answer is yes, as He is God also.

T

Tintin

Also, the Holy Spirit was present at Jesus baptism. It came down in the form of a dove.

C

Christian00937074

The Holy Spirit is thought by most to be the "Spirit of God" that "moved over the waters" in Genesis 1. The Holy Spirit certainly came down on prophets, and sometimes on the elders of Israel in the desert, so He manifested many times before Jesus was on earth.The Holy Spirit is never mentioned in a physical form in the Bible, other than as a dove, descending on Jesus at His Baptism. Of course, God can do whatever He wants, but most people experience the HS strictly as a presence. I doubt the word "sit" is appropriate for a spirit, but if you mean will He "abide" or "remain" with God forever, the answer is yes, as He is God also.
Hello To All I dont know a lot because i become Christian since few days i was a Muslim before but i will with Kenisyes Sir (i will say Yes) i will add some other story in this chapter.I am from Afghanistan since few days that i am believing in Bible (Christain) but my question is this that why you guys not working for those Christian's the one living in Islamic area.I am one the Christian that cant go to Church cant pray even if some one know about us that we are Christian the will cut our heads so please think about us.

Last edited:

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
He was present at creation. The Spirit of God in Genesis 1:2 is the Holy Spirit. He is a divine being like the other members of the Godhead. He is the omnipresent God; even as He indwells every believer on earth, He is also and will always be with God the Father and Jesus for He is God.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Rev 14:13 "And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them."

Gill says,
"yea, saith the Spirit; the third witness in heaven, who sets his seal to the truth of what the voice declares, and shows wherein this blessedness will consist"

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Hello To All I dont know a lot because i become Christian since few days i was a Muslim before but i will with Kenisyes Sir (i will say Yes) i will add some other story in this chapter.I am from Afghanistan since few days that i am believing in Bible (Christain) but my question is this that why you guys not working for those Christian's the one living in Islamic area.I am one the Christian that cant go to Church cant pray even if some one know about us that we are Christian the will cut our heads so please think about us.
Praise God for your salvation, praying for you. :)

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
Good to hear all of these different accounts of the Holy Spirit. I admit i don't read the Bible as much as I used to. I really need to.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
God Bless you, and yes we will pray for all of our brothers and sisters in Christ in Afghanistan and the Middle East. Please continue to read the Bible whenever you can and grow in the Lord. Praise God, the one and only God our Savior!