Watch And Pray

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 30, 2013
Bible Gem

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."--Luke 21:36

Question

Why is it imperative now, as never before, that Christians diligently watch and pray?

Answer

Time is short: "The greatest conflict that Satan created in the heavenly courts is soon, very soon, to be forever decided....Now, as never before, Satan is exercising his deceiving power to mislead and to destroy every unguarded soul."---Testimonies, vol. 7, page 141

Satan's methods: "When he finds himself foiled upon one point he takes new ground and fresh tactics, and tries again, working wonders in order to deceive and destroy the children of men. The youth should be carefully warned against his power...They should be led to cling to the Words of God and give attention to counsel and advice."---Ibid., vol. 4, page 212

Tested individually: "Satan is to make most powerful efforts...in the last great conflict...The faith of individual members of the church will be tested as though there were not another person in the world."---Ellen G. White Comments, S.D.A. Bible Commentary, vol. 7, page 983

Evil angels assist: "He [Satan] has legions of evil angels that he sends to every point where light from heaven is shining upon the people. Here he stations his pickets to seize every unguarded man, woman, or child and press them into his service."---Testimonies, vol. 4, page 210

Constantly on guard: "Let every soul be on the alert...Be vigilant, watching diligently lest some carefully concealed and masterly snare shall take you unawares...Unless we are constantly on guard, we shall fall an easy prey to his unnumbered deceptions."---Ibid., vol. 8, pages 99, 100

A comforting assurance: " Satan lead many to believe that prayer to God is useless and but a form. He well knows how needful are meditation and prayers to keep Christ's followers aroused to resist his cunning and deception."---Ibid., vol. 1, page 295

"The prayer of faith is the great strength of the Christian and will assuredly prevail against Satan."---Ibid., page 296

Walk prayerfully: "The enemy cannot overcome the humble learner of Christ, the one who walks prayerfully before the Lord...
"Had Satan been suffered to have his way, there would have been no hope for Peter. He would have made complete shipwreck of faith. But the enemy dare not go one hairbreadth beyond his appointed sphere. There is no power in the whole satanic force that can disable the soul that trust, in simple confidence, in the wisdom that comes from God."---My Life Today, page 316

My Simple Testimony

I had carried around a beautiful tumbleweed (at least I thought so) in my car for a couple of weeks, intending to give to one of the sisters in the church who enjoys making art of odd things. Tuesday night before prayer meeting, I presented to her and the look on her face was like, "okkkk", then she proceeded to say, "no thank you, I use to burn tumbleweeds in her backyard because they were a nuisance. I wasn't expecting this answer because I thought she of all people would appreciate this gift. Then I said I would put it in the sanctuary of the church as a center piece in place of flowers.

I was quickly voted down by her and another sister. I was like, "I pay my tithe and offering here and should be able to have a say as well." Needless to say, they both got quiet then said it was not attractive. I was like, "God created this beauty." And I brought up the fact that Jesus was not born in a fancy hospital but in a stinky manger in a barn with animals that was more than likely worn by the weather and not attractive." I told them that they felt that all things had to be brand new and eye catching in order to be appreciated in the sanctuary.

I even asked the pastor when he came, he agreed with me because he and his wife decorated the church with things from the outdoors instead of purchasing decoration when they got married. So he liked my idea but sided with the others when he saw the expression on their faces. Then he says that I should submit to the majority and I said I don't want to submit. Then he said, welcome to the family of God. I couldn't do anything but laugh even though I still felt the matter was not handled properly and the one who I offered it to is not even a member of the church. I gave them all a hug before leaving for home and said, this is sibling rivalry and we laughed.

I tossed out my beautiful (at least I thought so) tumbleweed in the yard of the country church. I was torn by what transpired that night. The sister who rejected my lovely tumbleweed had the nerve to give me a stuffed snowman to soften the blow of my disappointment. I said to her, I don't want this snowman, I want my tumbleweed (LOL).

This morning as I was praying, Satan appeared to tempt me to be angry because I felt that I was slighted by these sisters. But as I read this, which God knew what I needed. God was saying to me while I was typing this to all of you, "Satan desires to have you and sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for thee that thy faith fail not and when you are converted, strengthen your brethren. Luke 22:31-32

So you see sisters and brothers in Christ, God does make a positive way of escape in every situation and always on time. The battle belongs to the Lord. We have just to submit to the prompting of the Holy Spirit if we love God.

[SUP]2 [/SUP]For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Jesus Love Me

Jesus loves me, This I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak, but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me, This I know
As He loved so long ago
Taking children on His knee.
Saying, "Let them come to Me."

Jesus loves me still today
Walking with me on my way
Wanting as a friend to give
Light and love to all who live.

Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven's gate to open wide
He will wash away my sin
Let His little child come in.

Jesus loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way
Thou hast bled and died for me
I will henceforth live for Thee..

Yield Not To Temptation

Yield not to temptation, for yielding is sin;
Each victory will help you some other to win;
Fight manfully onward, dark passions subdue,
Look ever to Jesus, He’ll carry you through.

Refrain

Ask the Savior to help you,
Comfort, strengthen and keep you;
He is willing to aid you,
He will carry you through.

Shun evil companions, bad language disdain,
God’s Name hold in reverence, nor take it in vain;
Be thoughtful and earnest, kindhearted and true,

Refrain

To him that o’ercometh, God giveth a crown;
Through faith we shall conquer, though often cast down;
He Who is our Savior our strength will renew;

Refrain

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Credit where credit is due: first part of post 1 copyright The Ministerial Association, General Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists.