We ALL know 'Happiness is a warm puppy,' but what is 'unselfishness,' what REALLY is?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Yes, happiness is a warm puppy, and, love is, hmm, love, but what about unselfishness, speaking but of course to a singles crowd, I don't care what you throw out there. Just say it in love and happiness :)

Unselfishness is______ _______ _______ _______.'

Unselfishness is going with your girlfriend shoe shopping when you want to be playing Halo 3 with the boys.

________()_________
Please, keep in mind, there is a difference between what 'love is ____' and what 'happiness is _____.' THIS THREAD is about what 'Unselfishness is __________.'

And, by all means, put your statement into a biblical phrase, if you want . Try to keep it to one good phrase, so, get to thinking. Graphics are welcome, we all know a picture can tell a thousand words :D

Z

zaoman32

unselfishness is kindly reminding someone that your needs are more important than theirs.

H

Hellooo

Unselfishness is letting someone else change the cds or the radio stations in your car.

For the record, I don't like warm puppies. Or cold puppies.

P

Powemm

Unselfishness.. Is doing something nice without saying a word about doing it and expecting no reward or recognition for it ..

G

GreenNnice

Unselfishness is suDDENLY when she asks , 'Do you want to go do something later that evening which is shopping, and, you could INSTEAD watch the great b-ball game (Kobe vs. LeBron) that you know is coming up THAT NIGHT !

R

Relena7

Sometimes selfless acts can appear selfish to others.

Judgmental attitudes stink (I'm not picking on anyone here, just talking in general).

Things aren't always as they seem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zaoman32

Sometimes selfless acts can appear selfish to others.

Judgmental attitudes stink (I'm not picking on anyone here, just talking in general).

Things aren't always as they seem.
Would that be like when I am at work and when certain people go out to smoke I help them keep their work up and when they come back they assume I didn't think they could do their job and that's why I helped?

They realize now of course that it was me being helpful, but that used to be how it was.

J

Jullianna

This:

Phil 2:3 - Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Ephesians 5:21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.