We Are God's Children

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:9‬ ‭

“And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭23:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It is the spirit that quickeneth; ( makes alive and active ) the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:63‬ ‭

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:16-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭2:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:21, 23, 29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:1-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

if so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

and be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:21-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Hello Pilgrimshope, Just finished praying for you all, great song.

Love, Walter And Debbie
It is very appreciated and yes my nephew showed me some of third days music I really like it alot it’s really rooted in scripture though that song for your post

God bless you both and can’t say thanks enough for the prayers

Walter

Jul 20, 2022
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
It is very appreciated and yes my nephew showed me some of third days music I really like it alot it’s really rooted in scripture though that song for your post

God bless you both and can’t say thanks enough for the prayers
Yes, you are welcome, my friend.

Apr 25, 2020
My brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, one common thing I have heard lately is how the church is the bride of Christ. The church is not the bride of Christ. We are Christ:

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 1 Corinthians 12:27

We are in him in the same way that he is in the Father:

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. John 17:21-23

The bride of Christ is new Jerusalem:

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Revelation 21:9,10

And we are the children of new Jerusalem:

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. Galations 4:26

We are the sons of God:

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12

And the marriage is going to take place at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ here in the world:

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Revelation 21:2

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Thread Title

We Are God's Children

But are all people considered God's children ????

Many Preach that we are all God's children ---but this is false Doctrine ------the Scripture Says we are all God's Creation -----to be a Child of God you need to Be adopted back into the sheep fold and that happens when you become Born Again ------

God's human creation

Genesis 1:27

English Standard Version
27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

Children of God

John 1:12
Amplified
But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the right [the authority, the privilege] to become children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name—

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The New Jerusalem is literally a heavenly city. How can a city be the Bride of Christ? The city REPRESENTS the Bride of Christ and that is the saints who dwell in that city. Thus a figure of speech is used to make the city represent its inhabitants.

As to your contention that "We are Christ", that is simply nonsensical. There are three spiritual metaphors used for the Church. The Church is the Bride, the Body, and the Building of Christ. But Christ is the Head of the Church. Just like the human body has a head, which cannot be confounded with the body, Christ cannot be confounded with His Body.

As to the title of this thread, only those who have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit are the children of God, and are also within the Church. There is also a false idea out there that all human beings are children of God. But that is not true.

Apr 25, 2020
Nehemiah6,

Jesus is God (John 10:30, Deuteronomy 18:15-19), and we are the sons of God (John 1:12):

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

We are not married to him. In Ephesians 5:22-33, that is why it is called a great mystery, because it is like Jesus being married to the church, not Jesus actually being married to the church.

The word of God is filled with scriptures showing how we are the children of God:

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Romans 8:14

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:1,2

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:26-29

In the same way that Jesus is not married to God, but is a part of him, as his son, we are not, and will not be married to him, but are part of him, as his children. It is the same love, that is why it is described as a man loving his wife.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. Revelation 21:7

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
We are not married to him. In Ephesians 5:22-33, that is why it is called a great mystery, because it is like Jesus being married to the church, not Jesus actually being married to the church.
More nonsense. That phrase "the Church" must be capitalized. If the saints are not "married" to Christ, then who is the Lamb's Wife?

Now you have two options: (a) put away all your nonsensical ideas and pay close attention to what is actually in the Bible, or (b) double down in your errors and refuse to be taught the truth.

Apr 25, 2020
Nehemiah6,

Remember the scripture:

And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out. Luke 19:40

That means that the stones would literally cry out.

And remember:

Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel. Exodus 17:6

In 1 Peter 2:4-8 it talks about living stones, and in the word of God it says he was carried away in the spirit:

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Revelation 21:10

- because that is in the world to come, new Jerusalem descending from heaven. And the word of God says:

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Romans 14:17

In the world to come, we will be changed (1 John 3:2, 1 Corinthians 15:35-58). Jesus, that is the chief corner stone of the building, that is us, the church, is what will be given new Jerusalem as the bride, the wife, to be inside of, serving God (1 Peter 2:5, Ephesians 2:20-22). And it is not the church that will be the bride, because the word of God says:

And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. Revelation 21:24

- meaning the people walking in the light of it are separate from it's light, not part of it. And it's light comes from God:

Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; Revelation 21:11

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. Revelation 21:23

As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. John 9:5

And in Revelation 19:8:

And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. Revelation 19:8

- that means the righteousness of the saints comes from Jesus. And as we are part of the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27), and just as scripture says (Genesis 2:24):

For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. Ephesians 5:31

- that is why new Jerusalem is allowed to wear white, because scripture already calls her wife:

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. Revelation 19:7

- meaning that the marriage has already happened (to be able to wear the white) and she received the white apparel from the righteousness of Christ (that will have already married her - because she is called wife).

Also, since she is (will be) married to Christ, she is our mother:

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. Galatians 4:26

We are all the seed of Abraham in Christ:

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:16-29

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God. Genesis 17:7,8

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The church is not the bride of Christ.
Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him the glory. For the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and His bride has made herself ready. She was given clothing of fine linen, bright and pure.

For the fine linen she wears is the righteous acts of the saints. Revelation 19:7–8

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
My brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, one common thing I have heard lately is how the church is the bride of Christ. The church is not the bride of Christ. We are Christ:

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. John 17:21-23

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Revelation 21:9,10

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. Galations 4:26

We are the sons of God:

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12

And the marriage is going to take place at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ here in the world:

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Revelation 21:2
i don’t think I’d say “ we are Christ “ but I agree with a lot of what your saying there

Like new Jerusalem is the bride amen , and the gospel is an invite to the wedding

“The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, and sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: and the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:2-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We are invited but like they did we can say “ I’d rather live my own life my own way I can’t come “ or we can make light of the offer like they did

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:1-7‬ ‭

“And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:9-10‬ ‭

We are the invited and approved guests for the wedding to attend for eternity Jesus married to his new and eternal creation of which we are the hiers those made to be in his image and likeness always subject to the one Lord who is God

We are of him born of him he is above us all though

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Thread Title

We Are God's Children

But are all people considered God's children ????

Many Preach that we are all God's children ---but this is false Doctrine ------the Scripture Says we are all God's Creation -----to be a Child of God you need to Be adopted back into the sheep fold and that happens when you become Born Again ------

God's human creation

Genesis 1:27

English Standard Version
27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

Children of God

John 1:12
Amplified
But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the right [the authority, the privilege] to become children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name—
“He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:10, 12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We believers of the gospel are the children so then we learn of the father from the son .

“For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: but if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

But we’ve heard other things sometines so we say “ that’s not true “ it doesn’t matter if we forgive or not we’re forgiven

Apr 25, 2020
Amen Pilgrimshope,

That is all I am saying. And the word of God says:

And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. Revelation 19:9

Of course the bride is already called because she is part of the wedding party. So the ones who are called, the saints, the church, the ones who show up in the correct apparel, are not the bride. We are just attending the marriage supper. Also, we are the ones getting married to the bride, new Jerusalem, because we are one with Jesus.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:4

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. John 17:23

We are the temple of the Lord, with the Lord, in new Jerusalem:

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. Revelation 21:22

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. Ephesians 2:20-22

Apr 25, 2020
Nehemiah6,

The wife of the Lamb is new Jerusalem, that comes down from heaven at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Jesus, when the LORD has mercy on her and marries her again (Isaiah 54, Ezekiel 16).

DJT_47

Oct 20, 2022
This phrase is often misquoted or misapplied to mean that everyone, all living people are God's children which is incorrect according to scripture. Those that believe and have become his by obedience to the gospel, become children of God, not all humanity.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021

We are the sons of God:

The mystery of oneness allows for us to be both in Christ and the bride of Christ. Woman was taken from the man when his side was opened. A new man, the last Adam, also had His side opened. This is the new and living way we, as the bride, are reinserted into our Husband. We then become one with Christ. “The two become one flesh”. and “We are His flesh and His bones.”

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
I am the vine you are the branches. I was grafted in. A made myself laugh. Right here "are we Gods Children". I started to think about Christ as the vinea and those like are grafted in. For some I am sure most seen this but not me. I either knew it never gave it another thought but to be grafted in...that means there are branches that come from the vine already. I can hear DUH.

Well maybe a year or two ago the short is I see this hand come down with a tiny tree oh so beautiful light yet dark brown with.. I can say tons of branches never seen a tree with so many branches yet all in the shape of "U". He places it between us and says "show me a branch that was not originally of the vine. I am the vine you are the branches. Something so simple how could I have missed it! Well I as of yesterday still didn't fully understand what He meant by "show me a branch that was not originally of the vine". I thought there are branches that were already there. Yes yes.. so simple.. read it heard it yet ..ooh look up its a bird is a plane.. haha it flew by.

To be grafted in.. there are branches that are of Him we that are grafted in no one can tell the difference. I struggled to understand yet it was there all the time. What sap.. no pun but.. now I feel like crying... how could I have not seen this. See at that time I had been watching .. yes all this is silly at my age.. but watching on ONEFORISRAEL and how Jewish people found Christ.. I was crying like a baby.....ooh until I kept hearing from some that "those Christians have my God". My God? So they are sharing Him with me..what do I have if Hes not mine also. Yeah its ok to laugh..

So before bed I tried to picture Christ in front and a Jewish person to my left. Ever here people say you should NEVER try to picture Jesus or have His picture? Heres a fact.. no matter how hard I tried in my mind to picture Him in front of me? I could not picture anything but a bunch of colors. I then laid there and said "please.. just tell me you love me just as much as him". What happened .. this hand comes down with a tiny tree with so many branches.. I mean tons all in the shape from the top to the bottom that got bigger like a "U". Then He said "show me a branch that was not originally of the vine. I am the vine you are the branches". Is that not our God? I just wanted to hear "I love you just as much" look how He answered it. This only happened once in my life. I told my son who was 32 at I think at the time. I was talking about why the branches were shaped like a U. He said it sounded like the Menorah. Well I just typed in Google "Jewish candle holder". That is what every branch looked like. To me no branch looks like that..

See this is so so so so so wonderful.. I ALWAYS like to make sure ..even when I KNOW its of God to make sure its written. wow you never meant it op but He used it to help me.. bless you