Weed psychosis.?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jakob

Jul 15, 2014
So it's been a long time since I've posted something on here.
Everything was going fine, until I smoked some weed yesterday. 23 hours ago.
I don't know why I did it.. Just to "relax" I suppose.
My brother got into a mental hospital 3 years ago, scitzophrenic and psychotic. He hasn't been out since basically. He's not in reality.
Back then, I talked to a psychiatric, and she said "don't smoke weed it can enhance a psychosis"
What I did do this summer was magic mushrooms, LSD, and cocaine, and a bit of weed.

Now yesterday I smoked a half joint, and I felt very weird. Like my vision wasn't my "own" vision. As if I saw a movie, and it was slowed down, so I only heard my, "didn't know it was mine" voice after 10 seconds.
It's so hard to explain. 30 minutes later, 3 people came to see me, and I was shaking apparently. Saying my heart hurt and that my nerve system was about to go down. (I don't remember any of this, only a bit. Like feeling people's emotions and words and mind racing 100 miles an hour and that I felt my nerves intensely and pins and needles all over, my heart, lungs, head. Everywhere.
Apparently they said today I was taking about what was reality and not reality, and that I wasn't in reality.
I made weird movements, and the 3 people here thought I was gonna be a handicapped or paralyzed or dying.
So apparently I went to the hospital, where I still don't remember anything.
Only a bit.
I remember they said my puls was very high.
And I remember at this time I felt like I was going through hell and about to die everytime. I was literally thinking "this is what hell Must be like, an eternity on the edge of death or psychosis"
Anyway, got out of the hospital and slept at my moms, woke up, feeling a bit better today. NOTHING like yesterday, no really weird thoughts or feelings that "I don't belong in my body or that I'm not in here"
No feeling that I'm being possessed..
Today I just feel sore in my mind and body, and a bit like my vision is slower, hard to explain.
But it's understandable I guess if my mind was racing 100 miles an hour yesterday.

I guess I'm scared. Cause how can I be so lucky that I am, that I'm just back in reality when I've been through hell yesterday, / psychosis.
Why am I lucky?
I hope I can focus on reality, but now I can't stop thinking about yesterday.

I guess my question is, how do I deal with this? Anyone's help will be amazing. Cause I am honestly scared to death that the psychosis or what it was will come back or that I will be sore in my mind always..
And no this is not just a "whitie" or a "paranoid trip" on weed.
The people I smoked with was scared I was gonna die.

Am I just vulnerable to weed? Cause I have a family history of mental illness?
I don't have any mental illness btw.
And obviously I'm never gonna smoke again, or even drink alcohol.
Never wanna experience what I did, even though I don't remember that much.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Stop smoking weed, and any other drugs you may be doing. Throw them out. There used to be a commercial on tv, and the slogan was "drugs are dumb, and so are the people who use them". 'Nuff said. :/ Rely on God to get you through, NOT some dangerous drug that makes you act and talk like an idiot.

U

Ultimatum77

So it's been a long time since I've posted something on here.
Everything was going fine, until I smoked some weed yesterday. 23 hours ago.
I don't know why I did it.. Just to "relax" I suppose.
My brother got into a mental hospital 3 years ago, scitzophrenic and psychotic. He hasn't been out since basically. He's not in reality.
Back then, I talked to a psychiatric, and she said "don't smoke weed it can enhance a psychosis"
What I did do this summer was magic mushrooms, LSD, and cocaine, and a bit of weed.

Now yesterday I smoked a half joint, and I felt very weird. Like my vision wasn't my "own" vision. As if I saw a movie, and it was slowed down, so I only heard my, "didn't know it was mine" voice after 10 seconds.
It's so hard to explain. 30 minutes later, 3 people came to see me, and I was shaking apparently. Saying my heart hurt and that my nerve system was about to go down. (I don't remember any of this, only a bit. Like feeling people's emotions and words and mind racing 100 miles an hour and that I felt my nerves intensely and pins and needles all over, my heart, lungs, head. Everywhere.
Apparently they said today I was taking about what was reality and not reality, and that I wasn't in reality.
I made weird movements, and the 3 people here thought I was gonna be a handicapped or paralyzed or dying.
So apparently I went to the hospital, where I still don't remember anything.
Only a bit.
I remember they said my puls was very high.
And I remember at this time I felt like I was going through hell and about to die everytime. I was literally thinking "this is what hell Must be like, an eternity on the edge of death or psychosis"
Anyway, got out of the hospital and slept at my moms, woke up, feeling a bit better today. NOTHING like yesterday, no really weird thoughts or feelings that "I don't belong in my body or that I'm not in here"
No feeling that I'm being possessed..
Today I just feel sore in my mind and body, and a bit like my vision is slower, hard to explain.
But it's understandable I guess if my mind was racing 100 miles an hour yesterday.

I guess I'm scared. Cause how can I be so lucky that I am, that I'm just back in reality when I've been through hell yesterday, / psychosis.
Why am I lucky?
I hope I can focus on reality, but now I can't stop thinking about yesterday.

I guess my question is, how do I deal with this? Anyone's help will be amazing. Cause I am honestly scared to death that the psychosis or what it was will come back or that I will be sore in my mind always..
And no this is not just a "whitie" or a "paranoid trip" on weed.
The people I smoked with was scared I was gonna die.

Am I just vulnerable to weed? Cause I have a family history of mental illness?
I don't have any mental illness btw.
And obviously I'm never gonna smoke again, or even drink alcohol.
Never wanna experience what I did, even though I don't remember that much.
You should stop using drugs, they open portals to the spirit world and the "other voice" may be a demon.....shamans used to use drugs/hallucinogens to "talk/communicate" with the spirit world....the egyptians, babylonians, sumerians all did this with drugs/substances....stop ask God for forgiveness and seek deliverance from this from God.

W

wwjd_kilden

Do not smoke weed

Weed IN ITSELF can cause psychosis (even if it rarely happens, it does happen)
If there is mental illness in your family, that means you are more likely to develop it
.... which means that the weed is indeed more likely to trigger it

and most definitely stay away from cocaine and LSD! Please! Not only can it have bad long term effects, one bad dose can kill you.

Side note:
I am among the people who believe that among the evil out there (drugs), weeds is a lightweight one, very similar to alcohol,
but despite of this, I repeat: Do NOT use it. It is often a "trigger" for wanting to try other drugs (which you already said you have done).

Jakob

Jul 15, 2014
Thank you for the answers. All answers help.
I have thrown everything out, I'm never touching anything again.
I'm so scared I'm never gonna be normal.
Now that I think of it, it was my metal state. Like I became aware of my nerve system, aware of EVERY breath I took. Therefor I was scared I was gonna stop breathing I guess and my heart was beating so fast that I could hear it and was very aware.

I think it must be my genetics cause I've Never heard about anyone who had it like this after a joint have you? My brother, but he stopped for six months I think and was really into meditation and inner peace, and he got a psychosis I think, that way.
It must be because of my genetics.

Yeah it has suddenly / differently triggered the need to other drugs, but I am stopping now!
So, will I have a psychosis again if I stop taking drugs?? Will I be okay tomorrow? Like fully back to normal?
I'm so scared, cause I don't want to go to a mental hospital where they give me some wrong pills, and I wake up in reality in 5 years, if ever.
I want a good life.

Last edited:
W

wwjd_kilden

I am no expert in the area. I think though, that it takes long time- abuse to cause a psychosis.

If you do experience further problems, talk to your GP (doctor), and have him/her refer you to someone who know more about it

S

sealabeag

Hi Jakob, I can totally understand what you're going through: I had an experience like this when I was about 15, although it wasn't as unpleasant as yours appears to have been. The main things I can say to you at this stage are: 1. Be glad it's over! 2. This is, although it may not seem it, a good thing (in some sense). It means that you won't want to take drugs anymore. So in that sense you can look at it as a grace of God. Maybe if this hadn't happened you would have gone down the wrong path long-term. 3. How will this affect you in the long-term? Who knows. For me, I experienced a sense of unreality which just gradually wore off. So just trust that anything you are feeling will wear off eventually. If you are feeling okay mentally and physically, hopefully the worse is over you. However! I would definitely recommend going to see your doctor and telling him what happened. He may be able to set your mind at ease. (I wouldn't recommend taking tablets though, I'm not a big believer in that route).

Finally is the most important part: Go to God! Give Him your fears and ask Him to heal you, and to prevent any long-term damage to your mind and body. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him"

Apr 1, 2016
Sounds like you had an overabundance of seratonin in your system. Are you taking any anti-depressants by chance? It could be you got some bad bud, or you might have had something else going on with your body that the THC in the marijuana reacted synergystically with causing the issue you had.

I'm not going to tell you what to do though. I'm not your Mother. I would say to you to please be cautious and more discretionary about the choices you make that could have potentially life-threatening outcomes.

Be well.

Grumpy

C

coby2

Thank you for the answers. All answers help.
I have thrown everything out, I'm never touching anything again.
I'm so scared I'm never gonna be normal.
Now that I think of it, it was my metal state. Like I became aware of my nerve system, aware of EVERY breath I took. Therefor I was scared I was gonna stop breathing I guess and my heart was beating so fast that I could hear it and was very aware.

I think it must be my genetics cause I've Never heard about anyone who had it like this after a joint have you? My brother, but he stopped for six months I think and was really into meditation and inner peace, and he got a psychosis I think, that way.
It must be because of my genetics.

Yeah it has suddenly / differently triggered the need to other drugs, but I am stopping now!
So, will I have a psychosis again if I stop taking drugs?? Will I be okay tomorrow? Like fully back to normal?
I'm so scared, cause I don't want to go to a mental hospital where they give me some wrong pills, and I wake up in reality in 5 years, if ever.
I want a good life.
If you used it and that other stuff too I'd ask in a good Spirit filled church if they can pray for you and break that influence off you. Or watch T.B. Joshua on youtube praying for viewers or Derek Prince. Mental illness can be broken and healed too that way. Woman in our church had 5 mental diseases, totally healed after she was prayed for. Don't fear. God is bigger. Get baptized in the Holy Spirit. One former harddrug addict said when he got filled with the Spirit: if I had known that, I'd never have taken drugs. This is much better.

Jakob

Jul 15, 2014
Thank you all for answers :)
No i dont take any anti-deppresive. And I didnt mix the weed with anything.
I was "aware" even though i was so far gone from reality, cause the 3 people said, I tried to explain what i was feeling, and I was very scared.
Maybe i feel a bit weird now, cause i have a fear of being psychotic. Maybe it wasnt even a psychosis, i dont even know.
Maybe i feel a bit weird too, cause i havent slept good and my mind is sore.
Hopefully ill feel better tmorrow :)

Jakob

Jul 15, 2014
sealabeag, Thank you.
Yes I hope i feel better tomorrow, cause now i feel like unfocused. I do feel completely in reality, I think. But like unfocused, in my vision, like i can easily zone-out...
Hopefully ill be better tomorrow, and then not think about it all, not focus on fear of loosing my mind.. or my body.

Jakob

Jul 15, 2014
hey grumpy. Thank you. Maybe it was an overabudance of seratonin.
I didnt feel confused, more like: Aware of everything, yet not.
Like, aware of my nerve system, my breating, my fantasies, my mind, my thought, and most of all, my fear.
It'd be great to get an answer really, so i can relax my mind and not be so fearful to get a new one of whatever i had, or experienced.
I did feel fast heart beat, and high blood pressure, twiching muschels.
I couldnt sit still, and i couldnt control it. like my thoughts. I couldnt control anything really, only aware of "why is this happening, I dont understand" so maybe a bit confused, but not really, cause i tried to explain what i felt, some was out of reality, some was not. But i was just confused what happend with me.

Faithwarrior

Feb 20, 2015
hey grumpy. Thank you. Maybe it was an overabudance of seratonin.
I didnt feel confused, more like: Aware of everything, yet not.
Like, aware of my nerve system, my breating, my fantasies, my mind, my thought, and most of all, my fear.
It'd be great to get an answer really, so i can relax my mind and not be so fearful to get a new one of whatever i had, or experienced.
I did feel fast heart beat, and high blood pressure, twiching muschels.
I couldnt sit still, and i couldnt control it. like my thoughts. I couldnt control anything really, only aware of "why is this happening, I dont understand" so maybe a bit confused, but not really, cause i tried to explain what i felt, some was out of reality, some was not. But i was just confused what happend with me.
Hey Brother, may God bless and keep you. Your experience sounds almost identical to something i experienced a little over a year ago,God has since than healed me tremendously and i have stopped those wicked acts for over a year now, something i would never have been able to do by my own strength, Always remember, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. i'm going to share a link to my testimony for you, it's quite long but please take the time to read it. The title is a little scary-at the time i was quite fearful. i'm sure you'll identify with a lot of it. I know exactly what you mean by "unfocused", if you need some support and more info at all please feel free to inbox me.

http://christianchat.com/testimonies/108450-hell-extreme-vexing-part-1of2.html
http://christianchat.com/testimonies/108451-hell-extreme-vexing-part-2of2.html

Jakob

Jul 15, 2014
Thank you so much everyone.
I feel like the unfocused thing is because my head was running with 100 miles an hour, and thats why today it is sore.
Cause i feel like my vision is slow, not slow but like, when i look at stuff, or something my brain is like "wow"
as in, there's many details to the stuff, and it takes a little bit for my brain to see it.
Maybe it makes no sense..
I just hope ill be fine, maybe I just need vitamin C and sleep to recover.
ill never do it again, what a scare.

Jan 24, 2012
Lol first of all, you smoked WAY TOO MUCH WEED

...before I look up and explode at every ignorant post in this thread, I'm just going to give you advice. Weed and any psychoactive drugs probably aren't for you due to your family's history with schizophrenia. 80 year-olds will tell you that weed will make you crazy and stuff but that's a complete lie. Here's what can happen if YOU smoke weed.

in family trees with psychotic mental illnesses there are SOMETIMES "dormant" genes that are passed from generation to generation. If you use a psychoactive drug such as Marijuana, you can awaken these dormant genes (that would most likely be awakened anyway eventually...maybe) and then you will have the mental disorder.

However

1. Hallucinogens such as LSD, Shrooms, or DMT should awaken the dormant genes WAY before marijuana.

2. none of this is true for the event that happened to you. You "greened out". It's very common. You CAN'T die from it, but you sure do feel like death incarnate haha.

S

Siberian_Khatru

I don't agree with the immediate, blanket condemnation of weed for recreational use, but in your particular case, I'd definitely agree that you need to dial it back, if not abstain. In your original post, Jakob, I kind of got the impression that you used it as a means of escapism; be careful about that, if that was the case.