weird feeling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gardin

I have a silly question but i need to know if anyone has felt the same way about a person and what it means :)

Last year in november there was this youth thing where teenagers and young adults from churches all over Iceland came together, and I wanted to take my 15 year old brother with me, hoping that he would get saved.
Well I was super excited and drove to his house to ask him if he wanted to come, and when I get there he has two of his friends there who I had never met before, I'll just call them Becky and Adam.
I asked them if they wanted to come too, and they were like "yeeeah sure, what do you do there" and I just told them all the stuff we do worship, praying all that and Adam was like "ohh so it's like a christian thing, I used to be in a church when I was younger" (but he had never known God and never felt his presence or anything like that)
after hearing that I was like "okay you're coming with me!!" and he was like "lol okaaay"
I was soooo happy that they wanted to come I literally ran out and sreamed cause I was so sure God would do something amazing and at this time Adam was using very strong drugs like cocaine and was in a dangerous gang though he was only 15, and few months before that he had almost died because someone kicked him in the face and the bone around his eye broke badly.

My brother cancelled at the last minute, but they still wanted to go with me.
And as I had prayed and hoped God touched those kids, during the worship Adam who always acted so cool was on his knees crying like a baby and all my youth group praying and crying around him.
Since then he has been on fire for God! he has stayed clean since then (except he fell one time 6 months ago), and the only thing that helped him was God.
I'm am soooo thankful that God saved him! but the weird thing is how I feel about this kid, sometimes when I see him my heart is like exploding with love and I can almost start crying, I feel like he is my little brother or my baby, it's so hard to explain.
This special love feeling is like i imagine the love God wants us to have for all people. I also feel so protective of him and I feel like he is my son or something and I have told him that and he also feels similar way about me, so I just wanna know what it means or if someone knows what i'm talking about :)

R

River_W

Hi!

I think I kind of know what you're talking about. My story is not really the same at all, but the feeling you describe explains how I feel about my friend very well.

I have a really, really good friend who taught me so much about Christ when I was really confused about Christianity. She took me to worship sessions and had personal Bible studies with me and everything. She calls me her sister sometimes when she introduces me to he friends, which means a lot to me since I have no biological sisters.

Our friendship is really deep, and we know it is because we are connected in Christ. I'm very protective of all my friends, but I'm even more protective of her. It's weird because she's older than me, but she knows I really care for her, and she cares a lot for me, too.

I really love my sister. I think it's God's joy that causes her and I to share a connection that I don't have with any other of my Christian friends. I see it as our hearts participating in the celebration in Heaven when someone is saved. When you experience that with a specific person, you tend get attached to them, I guess. And there is probably this feeling of "he/she is my source of guidance when I have questions" and "he/she is under my care as they grow in Christ."

In Christ,
River

J

Jestival

WOW what an amazing story! Thanks for sharing :)
It completely makes sense to me the feeling you have for each other...you were an instrument in God's plan for "Adam" and will of course be forever grateful to each and will always share a deep connection.

Beautiful story...really touched me :)

x

P

Powemm

Thank you for sharing the experience God brought to you...I
Am finding , the more I rest in Him and stop trying to run ahead of Him to find a good work to do , His will
And plan for my life happens with much more ease. His yolk is easy ! Things tend to flow more in the direction of His will when I believe He is the author if
I work with heart transplant patients, it is so amazing to work with people who come across my path that I just "click with". Hugs are exchanged, words of God are shared.. These people feel like family instantly and I just met them.. I understand what you're talking about.. I have noticed people who have really been rejected by society tend to be drawn my way.. I make it a point to hug people that come into my clinic. As a way of showing them "you matter here , I invite patients who are around during our lunch hour to come sit with us and eat" I remember aan that came in and I found out he hadn't eaten in three days.. .. I have had several break down in tears right before me.. when we as Christians experience the healing of Gods live in our life.. That love spills out to others .. I never know who the patient is God is bringing to me.. But I greet each one the same.. God reveals who the patient is after they leave and the experience is over.. I can't help but winder if God has really brought them to hug me sometimes . his ways are not our ways :). I think it's so awesome God is using you.. I have found that when I went in to a place expecting a particular outcome, Gid slips in and switches things around, just like your experience... May you continue to walk in Him, may the live if who He is in you bring others closer to knowing Him.. :)

B

Bea22

I know exactly what you are meaning... Sometimes you meet these people that you just LOVE and it's not like you want to marry them or any kind of human love... it's so much more, like you would even give your life for them .... and half the time they haven't done anything to create this feeling / sense within you.... I think it really is Love from God.
I get these weird love urges for people who show me any form of kindness when I really need it, or consistently... it's hard to explain lol

It does get me thinking tho, about how Jesus looked at the rich young ruler in love... You know what I mean? He knew the rich young ruler was a good man but He also knew that he wouldn't give up everything. But He still looked at him in love.
That's the kind of love I want more and more of....

G

gardin

I know exactly what you are meaning... Sometimes you meet these people that you just LOVE and it's not like you want to marry them or any kind of human love... it's so much more, like you would even give your life for them .... and half the time they haven't done anything to create this feeling / sense within you.... I think it really is Love from God.
I get these weird love urges for people who show me any form of kindness when I really need it, or consistently... it's hard to explain lol

It does get me thinking tho, about how Jesus looked at the rich young ruler in love... You know what I mean? He knew the rich young ruler was a good man but He also knew that he wouldn't give up everything. But He still looked at him in love.
That's the kind of love I want more and more of....

Yayy it sounds like you really know what i'm talking about :D
it's so good to know that someone else feels this way, because when I have tried to explain this to my friends at church they just look at me like im crazy or something haha :D
But I know now that this is from God because when we are in his presence this feeling gets alot stronger and I feel this way about everybody in the room

S

Skybound

I believe that your selflessness and pure devotion for this young man could have saved his life. This is a touching story and I hope you have this feeling forever.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Amen! I know just what you're talking about. Hallelujah!

G

gardin

I believe that your selflessness and pure devotion for this young man could have saved his life. This is a touching story and I hope you have this feeling forever.
Awww thank you :) but i'm just someone God used to lead this lost boy back home, and i'm honored to have gotten to be part of God's great plan for him