Welcome to the Official CC Valentine's B.Y.O.V. Thread! (B.e Y.our O.wn V.alentine!!)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What Things Would YOU Enjoy Doing On BYOV (Be Your Own Valentine) Day?

• Total voters

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
We're going to have a Whang Doodle of a time!! 😬🀫πŸ₯Έ

Bonus points if someone calls the fire department and we meet the entire fire πŸ”₯ fighting team. 😁

Actually... No, I am way too law-abiding and way too insecure -- but it's pretty funny to think about. 😝

We could get a pizza and smother with belated birthday πŸŽˆπŸŽ‚ candles for both of us. 😁πŸ₯³

I'm the same way, too law abiding for such shenanigans. But Whangdoodling is always lawful! And especially when pizza is involved!!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I'm the same way, too law abiding for such shenanigans. But Whangdoodling is always lawful! And especially when pizza is involved!!
I have to confess, I'd never heard of the term before and never in my life did I think I'd be Googling, "What is a whang doodle."

I'm still not sure I understand, but I figure if I use it enough, I'll start to sound like I fit in. 😬

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
I have to confess, I'd never heard of the term before and never in my life did I think I'd be Googling, "What is a whang doodle."

I'm still not sure I understand, but I figure if I use it enough, I'll start to sound like I fit in. 😬

LoL. I brought it up in the Word Association thread one time and it has grown from there. I got the term ages ago from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
https://roalddahl.fandom.com/wiki/Whangdoodle

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Me too! The Cornholio episodes were particularly hilarious! And the episode of feminists, their shirts said Women's Rights Now, but Beavis & Butthead read it as Women Right Now :LOL:
Took me decades to quit saying 'I am cornholio, I need tp for my bunghole' in my best Beavis impersonation πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‡

Oct 21, 2022
Take your baby by the hand.... something something handstand

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
No problem! I'll tell you what I know...or what I remember. One girl in particular that I remember her sign said something along the lines of Valentine's Day Sux. I think other stuff was written on the sign, but I can't remember what it was. Usually, the popular girls always got flowers delivered to class, either from their current bf or from their parents. I was not a popular girl, btw. I was in the brainy group, so I might not have all the details since I wasn't close to the situation. I do remember overhearing 2 of her friends say, "Nick didn't get her any flowers." Nick was her bf, of course. This led me to believe that whenever I'd see those type of signs it was most likely due to not having received flowers or some other such gift.

When I was in grade school, we had to give everyone a Valentine. We didn't have to do this in middle/high school. My best friend and I would exchange little Valentine gifts though. She is the one who started that tradition between us in grade school and it might be her that inspired my enjoyment of the holiday in my adult years (she passed on years ago).

Did your school do those survey things, where you answer a bunch of questions and they put it into the computer and then they have a print out of who your matches are? In order to see your matches, you had to buy the print out. I never bought the print out, so I never knew who my matches were lol
I see. Yeah, if I saw anyone walking around high school with a sign (which I never saw) I'd look at the sign. If it read Valentine's Day Sux I would surely wonder why anyone would go to such an effort. lol

In grade school (I think kindergarten to 2nd grade) we also gave every student a little pink V-day card with their name on it. I think it's a rather baffling thing to have the children do. I would have to guess it was to encourage everyone to make every classmate feel loved. I would assume the PTA created it. We also get a cup with those little pink mint heart candies.

Yes, I vaguely remember in high school we filled out a survey and was matched by computer. I also did not purchase it. I was tempted to purchase it mainly to know who received my name. If you think about it, if everyone got matched with others, how accurate could it really be? lol I don't recall any of the questions.

I did eharmony way back when. I believe that did a decent job matching with values. However their 'questions to both' program was belabored.

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
I see. Yeah, if I saw anyone walking around high school with a sign (which I never saw) I'd look at the sign. If it read Valentine's Day Sux I would surely wonder why anyone would go to such an effort. lol

In grade school (I think kindergarten to 2nd grade) we also gave every student a little pink V-day card with their name on it. I think it's a rather baffling thing to have the children do. I would have to guess it was to encourage everyone to make every classmate feel loved. I would assume the PTA created it. We also get a cup with those little pink mint heart candies.

Yes, I vaguely remember in high school we filled out a survey and was matched by computer. I also did not purchase it. I was tempted to purchase it mainly to know who received my name. If you think about it, if everyone got matched with others, how accurate could it really be? lol I don't recall any of the questions.

I did eharmony way back when. I believe that did a decent job matching with values. However their 'questions to both' program was belabored.
I actually liked the Valentine's Day celebrations in grade school, but I didn't like having to give everyone a Valentine's card. When you are a kid, that seems embarrassing lol. I remember the cards I gave out were Garfield themed :LOL:

I've never been on an online dating site. I have one or two friends who been on them, but I've never asked for any details. I'm sure it's gotta more accurate than those high school surveys though. I kinda thought the surveys in high school may have been to fund something for the school/students, but I could be wrong. It could've just been for fun...I guess it just wasn't the kind of fun I was into lol

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
this so apropo for here 😍🌹

and...
lolol🎈

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
If I did something on Valentine's Day, I would hang with family or friends. Course we'd probably avoid the crowded restaurant scene. If I wasn't hanging with friends/family, I don't think I'd even acknowledge it was V-Day. = )