''Well, my church teaches _______ , but I believe ________.''

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kenisyes

I never thought of anything fancy or weird. Gifts can be the strawberries you cultivated with your own hands shared at the strawberry social. Or the new Christmas cantata you wrote and taught the choir this year. Or raising a dead child back to life. They are all "gifts", and there's nothing fancy or weird about anything God does.

So you let someone else watch the children, and yet someone else do the readings. Now what are you good at, that you were afraid we would think you were boasting, and not in the Lord?

K

kenisyes

This is coppied rite off of our Church site. This is what we do.

Immanuel is a young church that exists because of the Gospel and for the Gospel. We believe that the only reasonable response to the fact that Christ died to set us free from our sin (Romans 8:1-2) and rose that we might have life (John 20:31) and be called the children of God (1 John 3:1) is to begin to live in a radically different way. Many people follow Jesus, but few become true disciples. The call to have saving faith in Christ is the call to radical discipleship (Matthew 7:17-21).

A church is nothing less than the visible Body of Christ until He returns. It is made up of imperfect people who have Jesus Christ as their Lord and are in the process of being made in His image. Because we love God, we love all people as bearers of His image (Matthew 22:37-39).

The church exists for three reasons: (1) the praise and glory of God; (2) sharing the Gospel with the entire world; and (3) making disciples (Matthew 28:18-20).

Immanuel has three core commitments:
1.Radical Discipleship
2.Biblical, Theological, and Implicational Teaching
3.Being On-Mission Locally and Globally
We are an independent church with a casual atmosphere and a blended worship style. We are a church made up of various denominational and religious backgrounds.

I am not sure I get your question.
My question was general for the discussion. You have answered for you: you have a church with which you are pleased, and it offers you many more things besides teaching.

Many others might answer in other ways. Two people responded earlier that they put up with the situation, because it helps them grow as Christians. Others have not responded, but they might answer that they start an argument, look for a different church, work through an established corrective process within the church, etc.

K

Kefa52

And I love to cook. The more folks the merrier.

K

Kefa52

"In the Lord"

In Christ, I am good at facilitating addictions meetings.
In Christ, I work in Hospice. I have a strange calming effect on people for a short time before they die.( short time = a day to several hours.)
In Christ I repair elderly folks homes with joy.

In HOSPICE they have a saying..."Activley Dying"... They call me.

Last edited:
K

kenisyes

I think it is an extra blessing when your gifts naturally take you outside the walls of the church. You get to see more of God then just what is defined by the "teaching".

S

SPUZIT

Kefa52 each time I am drawn to you're writtings, partly due to my heritage. Your name meaning "Peter" the other is your words of wisdom, thought & kindness, I guess I'm saying patients & study shows. In your posts. Thanks from a sister. I am new to chats & this technology stuff, you're helping me to feel welcome, as to what all that has to do with this last subjects posts....I got a little lost, as to the ariganal reason for reading this post"what do you come to church for" if that didn't get lost somewhere for me as well" I go to fellowship, learn, & gain ability to leave with more than I entered. Withstood that I may bring others. With me on my journey home to our God. There is my two cents & again thanks for legal & kenisyes. Katiahu Maria...your sister...

K

Kefa52

SpuziT. I am sorry you got lost in this thread. I got a little lost myself when it took a turn as to what my gifts are.
I think the point is that we each have gifts to use both inside and outside the Church. True gifts are given by God, to glorify God.

S

SPUZIT

Thanks for understanding.takes me awhile, I am still learning how to work all the ways to use the chat line.I just now found how to respond to your return comment.thank you for understanding how I got lost in that post.God bless you for posting back to me, mean
s alot sense I joined for the fellowship. a sister in the lord.