Were Nephilim (Gen 6) judged differently by God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Did God's forgiveness ever, at any point, apply to angels?

• Not sure. The Bible does not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 24, 2024
So you learned under Jews who accepted Jesus as their Savior and Lord?
I am a Jew and like all male Jews from age 6 to 13 we go to Synagogue and learn to recite the Torah from memory, learn the Prophets and Psalms and then we can learn the sayings of the Talmud. They've been the same Torah/Tanakh and Jewish writings since Jesus day.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
I am a Jew and like all male Jews from age 6 to 13 we go to Synagogue and learn to recite the Torah from memory, learn the Prophets and Psalms and then we can learn the sayings of the Talmud. They've been the same Torah/Tanakh and Jewish writings since Jesus day.
So you are not a believer in Christ?

Jan 24, 2024
So you are not a believer in Christ?
My grandfather was the first to accept Christ. But he knew the value of letting his son, then me, then my own son, soon my grandson sit through Mikra and those who learn quicker Mishnah before studying the Talmud or Mitzvoth.

We know the Tanakh/Old Testament better than anyone and when added to the New Testament we know where it all fits immediately.

The best part is we're not diluted by doctrine and tradition so putting the puzzle together is immediate and without doubt.

Apr 22, 2013
There are no "Non-believers" in the Bible; only "Un-believers".

And it's your choice to use the label the Romans gave the believers in Christ at Antioch, not mine.

I choose to use son of God, believer, saint, etc.
lol!

YOU’RE the one that claims to not be Christian.

I reiterate. Would you like to hear the Gospel little one?

Jul 3, 2015
I believe they were because it's all documented in the Talmud, which I studied in Synagogue. The ancient Hebrews only had the words of Enoch and Noah passed them down along with the Flood Story until God gave Moses the Torah. Then they had the Torah, Enoch, Jasher, and many others. And the history of the Jews shows these traditions would have been alive and known in Jesus' day.
The historical record shows that Enoch was not accepted as inspired.

Josephus says: “We do not possess myriads of inconsistent books, conflicting with each other. Our
books,
those which are justly accredited, are but two and twenty [the equivalent of the 39 books
of the Hebrew Scriptures according to modern division], and contain the record of all time.”

The Apocryphal and Pseudepigraphical writings were preserved in the Catholic Bible but not
canonized in the Hebrew Bible due to a number of reasons, starting with their questionable
authorship or authenticity. They were all written during a time (400 years) between the two
testaments when it was acknowledged there were no prophets, and no direct revelation from God.

The New Testament Jews never included them in any Jewish collection of Scriptures, so contrary
to people believing that books have been removed from the Bible, the opposite is actually true:
books have been added. During New Testament times, without argument or qualification, a
commonly understood body of books was in existence which the Jews recognized to be the
sacred and authorized Scriptures. What is known as the Apocrypha was not among them.

The Apocrypha contains a great variety of errors – historical, geographical, chronological, and moral,
andpromotes doctrines which contradict the Bible. Without these apocryphal books, the Roman Catholic
Church would have absolutely NO support for their doctrines of purgatory, praying for the dead and
offering sacrifices for the dead (indulgences was a significant reason for the reformation). The inclusion
of the Apocrypha in the original printing of the King James Bible was strictly for historical reasons.

Jan 24, 2024
The historical record shows that Enoch was not accepted as inspired.

Josephus says: “We do not possess myriads of inconsistent books, conflicting with each other. Our
books,
those which are justly accredited, are but two and twenty [the equivalent of the 39 books
of the Hebrew Scriptures according to modern division], and contain the record of all time.”

The Apocryphal and Pseudepigraphical writings were preserved in the Catholic Bible but not
canonized in the Hebrew Bible due to a number of reasons, starting with their questionable
authorship or authenticity. They were all written during a time (400 years) between the two
testaments when it was acknowledged there were no prophets, and no direct revelation from God.

The New Testament Jews never included them in any Jewish collection of Scriptures, so contrary
to people believing that books have been removed from the Bible, the opposite is actually true:
books have been added. During New Testament times, without argument or qualification, a
commonly understood body of books was in existence which the Jews recognized to be the
sacred and authorized Scriptures. What is known as the Apocrypha was not among them.

The Apocrypha contains a great variety of errors – historical, geographical, chronological, and moral,
andpromotes doctrines which contradict the Bible. Without these apocryphal books, the Roman Catholic
Church would have absolutely NO support for their doctrines of purgatory, praying for the dead and
offering sacrifices for the dead (indulgences was a significant reason for the reformation). The inclusion
of the Apocrypha in the original printing of the King James Bible was strictly for historical reasons.
In Josephus day, there was only the 22 Tanakh Books + Oral Traditions.
No New Testament.

Oh, I see, you are using the Catholic Encyclopedia explanation. Now it makes sense.

The Jesus, Apostles quotes of Enoch

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. (Mat 5:5) The elect shall possess light, joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. (Enoch 5:7 {6:9})​
the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the son (John 5:22). the principal part of the judgment was assigned to him, the Son of man. (Enoch 69:27 {68:39})​
shall inherit everlasting life (Mat. 19:29) those who will inherit eternal life (Enoch 40:9 {40:9})​
"Wo unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. (Luke 6:24) Woe to you who are rich, for in your riches have you trusted; but from your riches you shall be removed. (Enoch 94:8 {93:7}).​
Ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Mat. 19:28) I will place each of them on a throne of glory (Enoch 108:12 {105:26})​
Woe unto that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It had been good for that man if he had not been born. (Mat. 26:24) Where will the habitation of sinners be . . . who have rejected the Lord of spirits. It would have been better for them, had they never been born. (Enoch 38:2 {38:2})​
between us and you there is a great gulf fixed. (Luke 16:26) by a chasm . . . [are] their souls are separated (Enoch 22: 9,11{22:10,12})​
In my Father's house are many mansions (John 14:2) In that day shall the Elect One sit upon a throne of glory, and shall choose their conditions and countless habitations. (Enoch 45:3 {45:3})​
that ye may be called the children of light (John 12:36) the good from the generation of light (Enoch 108:11 {105: 25})​
the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14) all the thirsty drank, and were filled with wisdom, having their habitation with the righteous, the elect, and the holy. (Enoch 48:1 {48:1})​

Jude 1:14-15, quoting Enoch 1:9 {2:1} [1]

"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
"To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches, which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Feb 17, 2023
In Josephus day, there was only the 22 Tanakh Books + Oral Traditions.
No New Testament.

Oh, I see, you are using the Catholic Encyclopedia explanation. Now it makes sense.

The Jesus, Apostles quotes of Enoch

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. (Mat 5:5) The elect shall possess light, joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. (Enoch 5:7 {6:9})​
the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the son (John 5:22). the principal part of the judgment was assigned to him, the Son of man. (Enoch 69:27 {68:39})​
shall inherit everlasting life (Mat. 19:29) those who will inherit eternal life (Enoch 40:9 {40:9})​
"Wo unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. (Luke 6:24) Woe to you who are rich, for in your riches have you trusted; but from your riches you shall be removed. (Enoch 94:8 {93:7}).​
Ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Mat. 19:28) I will place each of them on a throne of glory (Enoch 108:12 {105:26})​
Woe unto that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It had been good for that man if he had not been born. (Mat. 26:24) Where will the habitation of sinners be . . . who have rejected the Lord of spirits. It would have been better for them, had they never been born. (Enoch 38:2 {38:2})​
between us and you there is a great gulf fixed. (Luke 16:26) by a chasm . . . [are] their souls are separated (Enoch 22: 9,11{22:10,12})​
In my Father's house are many mansions (John 14:2) In that day shall the Elect One sit upon a throne of glory, and shall choose their conditions and countless habitations. (Enoch 45:3 {45:3})​
that ye may be called the children of light (John 12:36) the good from the generation of light (Enoch 108:11 {105: 25})​
the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14) all the thirsty drank, and were filled with wisdom, having their habitation with the righteous, the elect, and the holy. (Enoch 48:1 {48:1})​

Jude 1:14-15, quoting Enoch 1:9 {2:1} [1]

"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
"To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches, which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

I think it's hard to let go of the book of Enoch because you were brought up on that as were other Jewish Christians like Jude in the Bible. But to Gentile Christians, if it's not a part of the Bible, it doesn't have the same weight as what got included in the Bible. It's a very interesting view you have though because of your Jewish religious education as a child and then your Christian religious education when you got saved!

🍤

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
Genesis 6 gives an account of the human believers. named in Genesis 5, who became believers back in Genesis 4, then married unbelievers described in Genesis 3. The phrase "sons of God" is clearly defined in several scriptures as being believers. That, definition is not "logic", it is a direct definition by the Word of God. The Bible even says that an "angel" cannot be a "son of God". Only a human being can become a "son" of God by faith.

The Book of Jude is describing "certain men crept in unawares". Jude compares these men to three(3) Old Testament groups: #1. The sin of the "Angels which kept not their first estate" was to "despise dominion". They rebelled because they didn't want to serve God anymore. #2. The Israelites in the Wilderness "spake evil of dignities". In other words they "murmured" against God and Moses. #3. lastly, the Sodomites "went after strange flesh" because they were sexual perverts/homosexuals. Jude is comparing these 3 groups to the sins of the "certain men crept in unawares" which were plaguing the church at the time. Where people get it wrong is by saying that the Angels "went after strange flesh" while IGNORING that it was the Sodomites who were doing that. It's right there in the Book of Jude. Now that one you can infer from the Word of God and logic.

About the time before the flood; Jesus even says that the pre-flood folks were "marrying and giving in marriage". He does not mention angelic beings either.
The Sethite theory commits a hermeneutical error called "illegitimate totality transfer":

Every Hebrew occurrence of "bene elohim" refers to angels.
Every Greek occurrence of "huios theou" refers to human believers.
But since both phrases are translated into the same English words, people assume they refer to the same audience. But they are theologically distinct:

"bene elohim"
1714800505701.png

"huios theou"
1714800954864.png

May 11, 2022
There's created sons of God and those who become adopted sons (joint-heirs) in God.
Genesis 6 no one was adopted yet as sons of God (joint-heirs).

From the Torah I was taught in synagogue:
2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives, whomsoever they chose.

Jesus does not die for sins until 3,000 years later. So Genesis 6 is not talking about Adopted Joint-Heirs.
Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Then there are other places where it says things like "in the beginning was the word"...and "the word was God" and "the Word became flesh and dwelt among us".True, Jesus did not come to die until many years later, but, Jesus, being God, exists outside of time. He exists in the present, the past, and the future; all at the same "time". Hence He said things like "before Abraham was, I am". He was standing there talking to them and existing in the past and future at that very moment. True, the cross did not happen "until the fullness of time" as the Bible says, but from God's perspective it had already happened. So people were saved way back in Genesis, by grace through faith, same as now.
Hence, the Bible says things like "By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh."(Hebrews 11 reference to Genesis 3) and "then began men to call upon the name of the Lord"(in Genesis 4) and "Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord" (in Genesis 6) and "Enoch walked with God and was not for God took him"(in Genesis 5) . They may not have obtained "the adoption" in their time but their inheritance was a done deal because of faith. I say these men were the "sons of God", by faith, mentioned in Genesis 6.

Jan 24, 2024
Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Then there are other places where it says things like "in the beginning was the word"...and "the word was God" and "the Word became flesh and dwelt among us".True, Jesus did not come to die until many years later, but, Jesus, being God, exists outside of time. He exists in the present, the past, and the future; all at the same "time". Hence He said things like "before Abraham was, I am". He was standing there talking to them and existing in the past and future at that very moment. True, the cross did not happen "until the fullness of time" as the Bible says, but from God's perspective it had already happened. So people were saved way back in Genesis, by grace through faith, same as now.
Hence, the Bible says things like "By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh."(Hebrews 11 reference to Genesis 3) and "then began men to call upon the name of the Lord"(in Genesis 4) and "Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord" (in Genesis 6) and "Enoch walked with God and was not for God took him"(in Genesis 5) . They may not have obtained "the adoption" in their time but their inheritance was a done deal because of faith. I say these men were the "sons of God", by faith, mentioned in Genesis 6.
Jesus was predestined to be the Salvation way to eternal life before creation ever began.
That's the meaning you are seeking to those scripture references.