What about Bi?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jemmie

I was wondering, as a Christian, how should i respond to the issue of people being bi? I can understand people being gay or straight, but how does on approach the issue of those who date both sides of the fence? I don't understand it, but my best friend is bi and i don't know how to respond. She used to date guys a lot but they've all been jerks and broke her heart to many times to count. So now she's intersted in a girl i'm causual friends with. i don't know what to think or do. Has anyone else encountered the same issue as me?

C

ChristopherMichael

Jemmie, I think she's acting out because she's been hurt, like you said. All that really means is that you and the rest of her friends should be more easily able to help lovingly steer her back in the right direction.

C

Christiangirl82

I have been in the exact spot as you, and the more i thought about it, love is love, no matter what it is girl with girl, boy with boy or boy and girl, God made love, and although the love he made was boy and girl, doesnt mean you can find love bi gay or staright. just keep her in your prays and always be there for her

hope that helps :)

G

Godsteen15

I have to say, what can someone that has been interested in both since they were able to know that other ppl existed. They do not exactly have a choice. I Know of three ppl that have liked both sides since they were like 3-5.

Snoboots

Feb 26, 2010
First of all, hold up.
Love is love. That's true.
But one thing that you don't see to know is that desire is not love. Attraction is not love.
Love is an action. Love is caring and commitment and a view of yourself beneath someone else while they are in the same view, reciprocating you. That is true love.
Please do not try to use the 'love is love regardless of what form it takes' cause that's an excellent case for bestiality and incest and pedophilia and tons of other things.
In the case of your friend, Jemmie, I think all those heartaches are just a lesson that she needs to take time and take a step back from the relationship scene. Because love is not a constant trying to fulfill of our own ideals and wants. Love is trying to be everything you can be for someone else. When one enters a relationship to satisfy one's own longings and to just 'enjoy' it... well, that's pretty selfish... and that's usually where the downfall comes in. When you're in a relationship to satisfy yourself, you usually don't pay attention to how to fully satisfy your relationship partner.
It's the same way with our relationship to God. If we're following Him because of how He makes us feel... we're missing out on the amazing glorious picture that is all that He is. We're missing out on tons of blessings and the true nature of His spirit... because we're focused on ourselves.

With being 'bi', it usually stems from a desire to receive affection and a mutual attraction from both genders. God gives us these abilities, the ability to love everyone, for His purpose. But when we warp and skew God's plan, we turn this Holy love (which should bring about servitude) into something completely twisted, for our own gain.

So just pray for your friend, Jemmie. And less than focusing on the 'bi' issue... focus on winning her to Christ... cause really, only He can change her heart and He wants her just as she is right now, so that He can change her from the inside out.
<3 I'm praying.

G

Godsteen15

I did, i knew wheni was that age. most ppl dont know till they hit puberty i guess, but, i knew which side of the tree i swung on when i was, 3.

S

SantoSubito

I was wondering, as a Christian, how should i respond to the issue of people being bi? I can understand people being gay or straight, but how does on approach the issue of those who date both sides of the fence? I don't understand it, but my best friend is bi and i don't know how to respond. She used to date guys a lot but they've all been jerks and broke her heart to many times to count. So now she's intersted in a girl i'm causual friends with. i don't know what to think or do. Has anyone else encountered the same issue as me?
As other posters have said she is probably just acting out because she got hurt. However, do note that VERY few people are really Bi, most people that claim to be Bi either do so for attention or are just looking to justify that slight attraction we all have to the same sex.

B

BeauBLESSED

I think that, however you would act towards gays, you would do the same for bis. Seems like that to me.

S

sportygirl

First of all, hold up.
Love is love. That's true.
But one thing that you don't see to know is that desire is not love. Attraction is not love.
Love is an action. Love is caring and commitment and a view of yourself beneath someone else while they are in the same view, reciprocating you. That is true love.
Please do not try to use the 'love is love regardless of what form it takes' cause that's an excellent case for bestiality and incest and pedophilia and tons of other things.
In the case of your friend, Jemmie, I think all those heartaches are just a lesson that she needs to take time and take a step back from the relationship scene. Because love is not a constant trying to fulfill of our own ideals and wants. Love is trying to be everything you can be for someone else. When one enters a relationship to satisfy one's own longings and to just 'enjoy' it... well, that's pretty selfish... and that's usually where the downfall comes in. When you're in a relationship to satisfy yourself, you usually don't pay attention to how to fully satisfy your relationship partner.
It's the same way with our relationship to God. If we're following Him because of how He makes us feel... we're missing out on the amazing glorious picture that is all that He is. We're missing out on tons of blessings and the true nature of His spirit... because we're focused on ourselves.

With being 'bi', it usually stems from a desire to receive affection and a mutual attraction from both genders. God gives us these abilities, the ability to love everyone, for His purpose. But when we warp and skew God's plan, we turn this Holy love (which should bring about servitude) into something completely twisted, for our own gain.

So just pray for your friend, Jemmie. And less than focusing on the 'bi' issue... focus on winning her to Christ... cause really, only He can change her heart and He wants her just as she is right now, so that He can change her from the inside out.
<3 I'm praying.

I agree with this... Loving someone and being in love with them is guess where I see a huge difference. In the sense of love I love both guys and girls as my friends, and it is love. But this isn't the same type of love that comes from a relationship with a person, and as Snoboots wrote it can't be all about you and your desires because that comes to the end of a relationship.

People are getting hurt and relationships younger, and younger because people are getting into relationships at younger ages. It makes things more complicated in my mind because rejection and other things that can negatively happen take a larger toll on a person at a young age. I'll be praying for your friend.

J

Jemmie

I agree with this... Loving someone and being in love with them is guess where I see a huge difference. In the sense of love I love both guys and girls as my friends, and it is love. But this isn't the same type of love that comes from a relationship with a person, and as Snoboots wrote it can't be all about you and your desires because that comes to the end of a relationship.

People are getting hurt and relationships younger, and younger because people are getting into relationships at younger ages. It makes things more complicated in my mind because rejection and other things that can negatively happen take a larger toll on a person at a young age. I'll be praying for your friend.
Thanks, sportygirl, she can really use prayer.

J

Jemmie

Now my sister is getting on me to tell my dad about my friend. well i agree that she's just looking for someone to live her and its not really real. Plus i'm not the one she's interested in that way. So why do i need to have that conversation with my dad which will probably cause him to build walls with my friend? She's my friend. Nothing will change that. Do i need to shout her preferences from the rooftops, too?:mad:

B

BestBeWishing

Now my sister is getting on me to tell my dad about my friend. well i agree that she's just looking for someone to live her and its not really real. Plus i'm not the one she's interested in that way. So why do i need to have that conversation with my dad which will probably cause him to build walls with my friend? She's my friend. Nothing will change that. Do i need to shout her preferences from the rooftops, too?:mad:
Beloved,

Nice Thread, Very intresting reading as I can see you care for your Friend and are not judging her,

I'm not nor have even been Gay, but like you have had friends that was, anyway just thought I'd post this, see what Ya'll think.

Here it goes: ( What about when someone is born with both sex's "Male and Female Parts" )

Hummmm

Hope this helps
"IN His Service"