What about Job?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 21, 2014
satan attacked Job
satan satan punnished Job. Nothing to do with God.
No. God said its in your hands, Because of Adams sin, the fall of man.
No. Nothing to do with Job.

But some in here clearly think God healing is willy nilly.
clearly some think God uses sickness to teach us lessons.
Clearly some heere think we are under the law and daily quote it in a new covanant disscusion.
And clearly some are very offended and then like to ridicule.
clearly people are still under works in here. and miss the fact that every thing is done.
clearly there is a sever lack of what we are actully to do in the commision.
all of Christs work is being lost on unbelieving Christians.
still Christians but unbelieving.
There is no signs following most with this attitude.
But a few a very good at sarcasim. Thats not what were called to.
This message I preach hurts Christians and lifts unbelievers Just like the bible.The relgious always take offence at spriritual truth.
Christ got the same paul got it peter got it, they all got it. And its still happning today. Go look at You tube and see whats really happening out side the stupid buildings.

The dead have been raised all around the world.
wakey wakey guys.

I was told that nomater what you say and no matter how many good things you say. some will only ever tell the worse thing you said.
You will always be an angel or devil to everyone :) You decide.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
My Thoughts on Job:

I like to think that Job was in a godly line that descended from Esau, the 2nd King of Edom. Edom was in the land of Uz. The name Eliphaz sounds like an Edomite.

Gen 36: "And these are the kings that reigned in the land of Edom, before there reigned any king over the children of Israel. 32 And Bela the son of Beor reigned in Edom; and the name of his city was Dinhabah. And Bela died, and Jobab the son of Zerah of Bozrah reigned in his stead."

I can't say for sure that Jobab = Job; I like to think so, but the Hebrew words are different. But there is evidence in Job that he was a king.

One of Esau's wives was a daughter of Ishmael from whom came Jobab evidently, about 4 generations after Esau. I date the story before entered Canaan, possibly the first book of the Bible & written by Moses.

In my imagination, Job married an unsaved woman and didn't get saved until later in life, having unsaved children who had sinful birthday parties. She advised Job to curse God & die.

During the course of the debates Job appears to progress in his eschatology to a belief in the resurrection (a belief he did not have at the start of the debates -- you can trace his opinions on the subject through the debate). Apparently the idea came forth injustice in this present life requires that God judge men after this life, and thus the resurrection came to his mind.

Job debates 3 friends, who were such great men that they could just stay with him for a week without saying a word. Eventually they open their mouths and err greatly in accusing Job of sin. Job's suffering proves his sin. Nobody knows that a debate between God and satan instigated Job's sufferings. And BTW, God brought up Job & threw him in satan's face -- satan didn't bring up that subject.

Job is a book not to quote out of context, since it is a bunch of debates. At the end the verdict comes that the 3 friends didn't speak what was correct about God as Job had. Thus we have to take what Job says about God as generally correct. Don't quote Eliphaz to prove some doctrine. But I don't see that every last word Job uttered in this debate was the truth. It is God's record a big debate.

A problem of the book is Elihu, who entered the debate late after the 3 friends were whipped. The question is whether Elihu was correct or not in what Elihu said. For the Lord endorses Job and condemns the 3 friends, but says nothing about Elihu. One POV is that Elihu is a prophet, a mediator which Job had asked for. Scofield in his SRB brushed off Elihu as "
Who is this that darkeneth counsel By words without knowledge?" (ch 38).

I like to think that Job's wife died. Suppose he got married when the wife was 20, then had 10 children. At one child every other year that would be 40 years old for her at the end of producing them. Then at the start of the story with adult children, if the youngest were 20 and the oldest 40, the wife would be 60 years old at the start of the story. Yet after Job was healed, he had 10 more children. At one every other year that would bring the wife to 80 years of age when she had the last child.

Thus, it makes more sense to me to have the old goatess die off, and Job get a new young chick, with whom he spawns a new family.

Job never finds out why he suffered, but he has to take this stand: Though he slay me, yet will I trust Him. We have no idea why God does this or that or why He allows this or that. The Lord let Job glorify Him by showing up satan.

Of course Job sinned before the suffering -- everyone sins. But Job did not suffer to punish Job for sin. Job suffered because Job had not sinned! God entrusted Job with a task that few could be entrusted with. During the course of the debates, Job generally said what was right about God. That doesn't mean that Job didn't err some during the debates. But Job is a true giant of the Faith.

We simply have to trust the Lord for the outcome. We will understand things better bye and bye.

Nov 21, 2014
Job Also got what he feared the most. Thats the bulls eye for satan. Tell him what you fear and guess what he will attack.
You words are life and death. Anyopne ever look at quatum physics. The little atoms react to peoples attitude. No surprises then God says you words are life and death as science catches up with God.