What about the land, earth?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wordhelpsme

Most speak of going to heaven, but what about the many scriptures which speak about living on earth forever?

God’s original purpose for the earth was for humans to live forever upon it. Has it changed?

Psalms 115:16 tellsus that the earth was given humans.

Peaceon earth, forever.

Psalms 37:10, 11, 29 and Proverbs 2:21and 22 speak of how the wicked (those who refuse to obey God) and the righteous (those who love and obey God and inherit the land created for humans)

Isaiah 11:6-8 tells of the peace the earth will have. Verse 9 says: “They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of Jehovah, as the waters cover the sea.” ASV

Jesus said at Matthew 5:5 “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.”

The Israelites hope was to live on earth forever.

The survivors of the Great Tribulation will remain on earth.

Matthew 24:21 and 22Revelation 7:14

There will be a select group to rule in heaven with Jesus over the earth.

Revelation 5:10and 20:6

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 4, 2012
Man was made for earth. Heaven will come to earth...

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. Revelation 21:2-3

john832

May 31, 2013
Man was made for earth. Heaven will come to earth...
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. Revelation 21:2-3
We fully agree here. Christ said we NEVER go to heaven, but rather He returns to the earth and after the 1000 years, the GWTJ and Lake of Fire, the Father comes to earth. We don't go there, God comes here.

May 24, 2013
We fully agree here. Christ said we NEVER go to heaven, but rather He returns to the earth and after the 1000 years, the GWTJ and Lake of Fire, the Father comes to earth. We don't go there, God comes here.
John,,where did Jesus go when He ascended? Didn't He go to heaven, where His Father is?

G

Graybeard

Where did Jesus say that?
and what then did He mean when He said:

Joh 14:2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Sep 4, 2012

Joh 14:2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
He's obviously speaking of the new Jerusalem, that comes down out of heaven to earth.

john832

May 31, 2013

Well, let's look at that one, you bolded part of it, let's bold another part...

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

And then let's read verse 28...

Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

What was the last thing said about Christ after the forty days He remained on earth?

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

He is coming back! And when He receives the saints to Himself, what do they do?

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

john832

May 31, 2013
John,,where did Jesus go when He ascended? Didn't He go to heaven, where His Father is?
Yes, of course, but He is coming back, this was the main promise He gave to the world.

May 24, 2013
I beleive Jesus went to Heaven when He died. Heaven is the dwelling place of God.

1 Kings 8:30. "Hear in heaven Your dwelling place."

Jesus said He would take us to where He would be.

Then Jesus said to them, "I shall be with you a little while longer, and then I go to Him who sent Me. You will seek Me and not find Me, and where I am you cannot come." (John 7:33,34)

Moving ahead to John 13:33 we read this:

"Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek me, and as I said to the Jews, 'Where I am going, you cannot come,' so now I say to you."

Then we move ahead to John 13:36 and we read this:

Simon Peter sain to Him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus answered him, "Where I am going you cannot follow Me now, but you shall follow Me later."

"Not everyone will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." Matthew 7:21

by this scripture alone ( i can give plenty more reference to heaven) we can safely assume that the saved are going to Heaven!

I believe,, that when Jesus comes in the clouds,, He will recieve us,, and take us back to Heaven,, where God the Father is,, where the Holy City is. Where the Garden of Eden is. Where the Ark of the Covenant is. Where the 2 tablets with the 10 Commandments are that God wrote with His finger. All are in Heaven. The Holy Habitation of God,, heaven!

"Look down from Your holy habitation, from heaven, and bless Your people Israel." Dueteronomy 26:15

I'm going to heaven,, and when Jesus comes,, He will take me there. And not only me, but all who have loved His appearing!

john832

May 31, 2013
I beleive Jesus went to Heaven when He died. Heaven is the dwelling place of God.

1 Kings 8:30. "Hear in heaven Your dwelling place."

Jesus said He would take us to where He would be.

Then Jesus said to them, "I shall be with you a little while longer, and then I go to Him who sent Me. You will seek Me and not find Me, and where I am you cannot come." (John 7:33,34)

Moving ahead to John 13:33 we read this:

"Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek me, and as I said to the Jews, 'Where I am going, you cannot come,' so now I say to you."

Then we move ahead to John 13:36 and we read this:

Simon Peter sain to Him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus answered him, "Where I am going you cannot follow Me now, but you shall follow Me later."

"Not everyone will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." Matthew 7:21

by this scripture alone ( i can give plenty more reference to heaven) we can safely assume that the saved are going to Heaven!

I believe,, that when Jesus comes in the clouds,, He will recieve us,, and take us back to Heaven,, where God the Father is,, where the Holy City is. Where the Garden of Eden is. Where the Ark of the Covenant is. Where the 2 tablets with the 10 Commandments are that God wrote with His finger. All are in Heaven. The Holy Habitation of God,, heaven!

"Look down from Your holy habitation, from heaven, and bless Your people Israel." Dueteronomy 26:15

I'm going to heaven,, and when Jesus comes,, He will take me there. And not only me, but all who have loved His appearing!
We agree on many things Michael, but on this we disagree. Christ went to heaven, but He is coming back. He also said...

Joh 13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

May 24, 2013
We agree on many things Michael, but on this we disagree. Christ went to heaven, but He is coming back. He also said...

Joh 13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.
John,, I know we agree on many things.

They couldn't go to heaven at that time, because Jesus was going to to the Sanctuary in heaven. Jesus still had priestly duties to do in the Heavenly Sanctuary, in order for us to be where He is.

But when you get to john 13:36,, Jesus tells Simon Peter, that he will be able to follow Him,, not then,, but later.

Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus answered him, "Where I am going, you cannot follow me now, but you shall follow me later."

We know that Jesus recieves us in the air. So,, we are going somewhere.

During the 1000 years,, Jeremiah the Prophet says the heavens will not give off any light. Jeremiah 4:23

"I beheld the earth and indeed it was, without form and void. And the heavens, they had no light."

John,, I don't believe this subject has Salvation hanging in the balances,, but,, I am curious,, as to why you do not think Jesus will take us back to Heaven?

Where will He take us?

If you say to the Holy City,,, I'm okay with that,,, but it's location would be called,, heaven.

Do you beleive the Holy City will be on this earth, when Jesus shows up in the clouds?

Explain yourself,, I'm curious.. if you would summarize what you believe to take place,, I would be greatly interested.

Talk to you later,, I got 3 acres of grass that is getting taller by the hour. I best get busy.

john832

May 31, 2013
John,, I know we agree on many things.

They couldn't go to heaven at that time, because Jesus was going to to the Sanctuary in heaven. Jesus still had priestly duties to do in the Heavenly Sanctuary, in order for us to be where He is.

But when you get to john 13:36,, Jesus tells Simon Peter, that he will be able to follow Him,, not then,, but later.

Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus answered him, "Where I am going, you cannot follow me now, but you shall follow me later."

We know that Jesus recieves us in the air. So,, we are going somewhere.

During the 1000 years,, Jeremiah the Prophet says the heavens will not give off any light. Jeremiah 4:23

"I beheld the earth and indeed it was, without form and void. And the heavens, they had no light."

John,, I don't believe this subject has Salvation hanging in the balances,, but,, I am curious,, as to why you do not think Jesus will take us back to Heaven?

Where will He take us?

If you say to the Holy City,,, I'm okay with that,,, but it's location would be called,, heaven.

Do you beleive the Holy City will be on this earth, when Jesus shows up in the clouds?

Explain yourself,, I'm curious.. if you would summarize what you believe to take place,, I would be greatly interested.

Talk to you later,, I got 3 acres of grass that is getting taller by the hour. I best get busy.
Here is my understanding of John 13:36...

Christ had made this statement on at least two other occaisions...

Joh 7:32 The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him; and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take him.
Joh 7:33 Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.
Joh 7:34 Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.

Joh 8:20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.
Joh 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

Then He reiterated it in John 13:33. Now, let's continue with the conversation...

Joh 13:36 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.
Joh 13:37 Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.

Peter did not understand what Christ was really saying here, his response was 'Oh yeah, I'll die with you'. Christ knew better and continued the conversation...

Joh 13:38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.

The subject of this discussion (beginning in berse 36) is not going to heaven, it is dying for the truth. As further witnessed by this discussion...

Joh 21:18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.
Joh 21:19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

Notice the preceding verses, Christ is putting Peter on the spot by asking Peter if he AGAPE loved Him adn Peter's reply is I Phileo love you. Then He proceeds to tell Peter that later on in his life he will be martyred. He was to be crucified but he requested that he be crucified upside down saying that he was not worthy to die the same way as Christ.

Now on to some of Peter's last words...

2Pe 1:14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

John 13:36 is Christ telling Peter that he too, would be martyred and in fact crucified.

May 24, 2013
Here is my understanding of John 13:36...

Christ had made this statement on at least two other occaisions...

Joh 7:32 The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him; and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take him.
Joh 7:33 Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.
Joh 7:34 Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.

Joh 8:20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.
Joh 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

Then He reiterated it in John 13:33. Now, let's continue with the conversation...

Joh 13:36 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.
Joh 13:37 Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.

Peter did not understand what Christ was really saying here, his response was 'Oh yeah, I'll die with you'. Christ knew better and continued the conversation...

Joh 13:38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.

The subject of this discussion (beginning in berse 36) is not going to heaven, it is dying for the truth. As further witnessed by this discussion...

Joh 21:18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.
Joh 21:19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

Notice the preceding verses, Christ is putting Peter on the spot by asking Peter if he AGAPE loved Him adn Peter's reply is I Phileo love you. Then He proceeds to tell Peter that later on in his life he will be martyred. He was to be crucified but he requested that he be crucified upside down saying that he was not worthy to die the same way as Christ.

Now on to some of Peter's last words...

2Pe 1:14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

John 13:36 is Christ telling Peter that he too, would be martyred and in fact crucified.
What are you gonna do with John 7:33,34?????

Then Jesus said to them, "I shall be with you a little while longer, and then I go to Him who sent me. YOU WILL SEEK ME AND NOT FIND ME, AND WHERE I AM YOU CANNOT COME."

This scripture,, when placed against the others such as John 13:36 is Proof positive Jesus wasn't speaking of being crucified,,, but His ascension!!!!

When Jesus was crucified,, everybody knew where Jesus was,,, He was hanging on a Cross!!!! Those who were crucified with Jesus, were surely where He was when He was crucified. Hanging on Crosses!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Do not fall in love with this earth; it is allied to decay. There will be a new heaven and a new earth not allied to decay but to life. Meditate and hope in these terms. The thousand years remains largely a mystery to me, but, I certainly do have my understanding of it, and it does coincide with much of what others seem to think.... Wait on the Lord. It is always worth it because He is worthy, amen.

john832

May 31, 2013
What are you gonna do with John 7:33,34?????

Then Jesus said to them, "I shall be with you a little while longer, and then I go to Him who sent me. YOU WILL SEEK ME AND NOT FIND ME, AND WHERE I AM YOU CANNOT COME."

This scripture,, when placed against the others such as John 13:36 is Proof positive Jesus wasn't speaking of being crucified,,, but His ascension!!!!

When Jesus was crucified,, everybody knew where Jesus was,,, He was hanging on a Cross!!!! Those who were crucified with Jesus, were surely where He was when He was crucified. Hanging on Crosses!
The subject in John 7:33-34, 8:20-21 and John 13:33 is about His ascension to heaven. The subject changes to Peter's martyrdom in John 13:36.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you good luck with the grass cutting. My wife and I have a farm about 20 miles form our residence and we mow about 5 acres there. It is an all day-er (if that is a word).

S

Smyrna

great questions

in my own words:
What is God's original intent I have ask myself for over 25 years

The garden of Eden seemed to be what He loved

But Satan enticed Eve then Adam to disobey

Jesus said the meek shall inherit the earth. This tells me God wants to reestablish the Garden for worthy people.

God finds pleasure in people who love honor and cherish Him.

God continues to beckon people to come to Him through Christ Jesus

Now what does scripture say to this theory

The Word of God, the Bible is the final authority which is ordained through His inspiration in order to direct us back to God.

Here is the promise to the Jews:
These are some of the promises before the resurrection.

Blessed are the meek they shall inherit the earth (Matthew 5:5

Government will be on His Shoulders (Isaiah 9:6

The Lord Godwill give him the throne of his father David (Luke 1:32

He will be King of the world (Zechariah14:9

Here is the promise to the Christians:

Jesus will go to prepare a place for us in heaven

These are the people who go to heaven based on 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Corintians3

1st Corinthians 3

[SUP]10[/SUP]By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, andsomeone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. [SUP]11[/SUP] For no one can lay any foundation other than theone already laid, which is Jesus Christ. [SUP]12[/SUP]If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood,hay or straw, [SUP]13[/SUP] their work will be shown forwhat it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed withfire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. [SUP]14[/SUP] If what has been built survives, the builder willreceive a reward. [SUP]15[/SUP] If it is burned up, thebuilder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escapingthrough the flames.

Christians are set for heaven there is nothing else they need to do except to believe in Jesus.

Christians have no business with the promises to the Jews this is God’sbusiness. We go to heaven so don’t worry about the Covenent to the Jews.

There problem with many preachers who are confused. They try to mix the promise to the Jews with Salvation of Grace

They are 2 separate covenants you cannot mix them

the one thing that divides the Jews from Christians this passage:

Jesus said , " not one can come to the father except by me"

This statement is universal. There is no other way to God except through Christ

Christian believers are all saved according to 1st Corinthians 3

What happen to the meek who inherits the earth you ask?

God never makes mistakes. God said, “My Word will not return to Me void.”
Everything He has said will come to past, it will happen because He said it.

I will post part 2; about what will happen to the Jews soon

God bless Y ‘all

May 24, 2013
The subject in John 7:33-34, 8:20-21 and John 13:33 is about His ascension to heaven. The subject changes to Peter's martyrdom in John 13:36.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you good luck with the grass cutting. My wife and I have a farm about 20 miles form our residence and we mow about 5 acres there. It is an all day-er (if that is a word).

Okay John. I mowed yesterday... I thought about are conversation about Peter, martyrdom,Heaven, Jesus, Holy City, ect..

I do not understand why you think Jesus would not take us to heaven. The whole idea makes no sense to me.

I also see no reason for Jesus to bring the Holy City with Him when He comes to get His Saints. I see no scripture that would suggest that Jesus is bringing the Holy City closer to earth than it is now. Yet your claim suggests we do not go to heaven.

I also don't believe that Jesus was making reference to the murder of Peter.

I see no reason why Jesus would lay that on Peter at that time.

What is your denomination? As you probably know, I am an Adventist.

I got most of my mowing done yesterday..today, I'm gonna weed-whip.... Looking forward to selling this place. It's gettin to be more work than I want to do.. I didn't mind 10 years ago.. Now,, things are getting harder and take longer.. Cause I'm getting older.
John, even if we disagree on some things,,I still think highly of you. Have a nice day.

john832

May 31, 2013
Okay John. I mowed yesterday... I thought about are conversation about Peter, martyrdom,Heaven, Jesus, Holy City, ect..

I do not understand why you think Jesus would not take us to heaven. The whole idea makes no sense to me.
Just a few selected scriptures...

Luk 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country (Heaven) to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
Luk 19:13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

I also see no reason for Jesus to bring the Holy City with Him when He comes to get His Saints. I see no scripture that would suggest that Jesus is bringing the Holy City closer to earth than it is now. Yet your claim suggests we do not go to heaven.
The Father does this after the Meillenium and after the GWTJ and after the Lake of Fire burns.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

And as you well know, there were no chapters or verses in the original so Rev 21: is just a continuation of this narrative...

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

I also don't believe that Jesus was making reference to the murder of Peter.
I do, but we see this differently. We can agree to disagree here.

I see no reason why Jesus would lay that on Peter at that time.
Peter thought that He did...

What is your denomination? As you probably know, I am an Adventist.
COGWA, I was formerly with the United Church of God. By the way, the Amazing Facts presentation on Sunday, 7/21/2013, was quite interesting. I look forward to part 2.

I got most of my mowing done yesterday..today, I'm gonna weed-whip.... Looking forward to selling this place. It's gettin to be more work than I want to do.. I didn't mind 10 years ago.. Now,, things are getting harder and take longer.. Cause I'm getting older.
I know exactly what you are saying, I really enjoy deer hunting there (we have 208 acres of mostly woodland with some nice meadows) but the upkeep is getting to be a bit much and to make it worse, we live in a town about 20 miles from it. My wife and I have been discussing selling the place.

John, even if we disagree on some things,,I still think highly of you. Have a nice day.
I think highly of you too and there is a special bond here, the seventh day. Blessings to you.