What are your feelings about emotional intimacy?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

spunkycat08

Dec 7, 2013
[FONT=&quot]Emotional intimacy:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] When someone starts confiding things to another person that they are reluctant to confide to their partner, and the emotional intimacy is greater in the friendship than in the relationship, that’s very threatening to both relationships. One common pathway to affairs occurs when somebody starts confiding negative things about their relationship to a person of the opposite sex.[/FONT]

38miles

Emotional adultery. A lot of people fall to this with coworkers and it is a way in which we do not guard our hearts. Such a self-deception in it all...

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
Being emotionally dependent on someone who isn't your spouse is a dangerous thing to do. But that doesn't mean that you cannot forge strong friendships with people who aren't your spouse. We don't live in a vacuum, and marriages should be strong enough for spouses to have friends of both genders in a respectful, trusting manner.

B

brokenclay

Have you read EmptyMailbag's heartbreaking story. You described what happened to his wife when she turned to another man rather than another woman. And she got fully taken advantage of by allowing herself to be emotionally intimate. Just think how much needless pain was caused by an angry and hurt wife who vindicated her feelings by not just praying,seeking wise counsell and confrontiing her husband. And not just the wives are falling, but husbands are playing this dangerous and hurtful practice of seeking emotional intimacy from the opposite sex. I believe many of these individuals vindicate their feelings when feeling rejected. I have played the guilty party in seeking consolement from someone else. I told my wife what I did and we talked about why I did such a hurtful thing.I have learned to be open to my wife and not keep my feelings locked up. Reading my bible, praying and being honest with my wife has helped me be emotionally intimate with her. __ Larry.

B

blueorchidjd

I guess the way that I feel about emotional intimacy is that I feel that there should be a larger amount of emotional intimacy displayed between husband and wife, instead of people that are seeing each other outside of marriage. I feel that laughter is the best medicine, laughter should protect both of these people from taking themselves too seriously. And I feel like God should be number one. I also feel that both parties should be free to their own emotional tools. For example, just because if one person feels this way about something, the other person does not always have to feel that particular way. Boundaries, I like that word. I also feel that it may be easier with couples to have the same love language, but at the same time I don't think it's necessary. Consideration of the other person is also important. :p

May 3, 2013
One of the reasons I have to avoid being too friendly with those persons I know as married is that... I have more than one experience that showed me emotional intimacy should be for one person and, that person, should be the spouse (preferebly).

Here is a link of the JW I like to share that talks on the subject: When a Friendship Gets Too Close | Help for the Family

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
Emotionally intimate is as sinful and damaging as the old fashioned affair. Sex can be had anywhere. When someone steps out on their marriage in any kind of emotional way nothing but bad things happen for the spouse and the kids. Believe me, I know....:(

38miles

One of the reasons I have to avoid being too friendly with those persons I know as married is that... I have more than one experience that showed me emotional intimacy should be for one person and, that person, should be the spouse (preferebly).

Here is a link of the JW I like to share that talks on the subject: When a Friendship Gets Too Close | Help for the Family
Please in the future don't acronymize Jehovah's Witness as I totally glossed over that. Clicked the link, saw their site...and my iPad browser crashed. See I call that divine intervention protecting my eyes from their weeds.

N

nimbus3852

There's so many JWs that it's laborious to type it out every time.