What are your reasons for wanting to get married? Sex, drugs, rock 'n roll, or, comm.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Sharp are they? Be honest.

I see an awful lot of desires to want to either people wanna get in a relationship after away a few years from dating or are needing a relationship for else burning with passion or, just plain lonely and want marriage for that reason.

This is all psychology stuff, as, yes, we should follow God's will for our lives, but blending God with that obvious best path, let's blend/look at some manmade reasons, if you will, for getting married for the right reasons and let's list an example situation that couod warrant you ready for marriage.

Ok, sound like fun :) And, 1 Cor. 7;9 again is, 'better to marry than burn with passion.'

My start....

I think that first and foremost one wanting to get married prays to God, but, after doing that, and, The desire to marry just will NOT go away. Then, hey, maybe, just maybe, God is leading you to tie the knot.

Ok, I think, having you got down on your hands and,knees and prayed fervently and, probably even cryingly, to God, you THEN NEED to do a self-check to see IF you can be marriage material or marriage-ready.

Now, I think, first off, to be marrying RIGHT one must have a good job, able to take care of self, organized, and, been independent, able to KNOW they will still be able to provide bread for he and wife IF things go south.

Ok, my good reasons for marrying OK for you are as follows. Feel free to add to list.

1. Lonely. God is in your life. You just want companionship, that is the ache of your heart.

2. Communication. You just like to talk and enjoy christian websites and such, but want a real person to talk to , and, this inability affects your walk with Christ, which same 'effect' goes for reasom #1.

3. You''re looking for someone to complement you because you just been doing hard work and just not getting anywhere. A someone else will help complete you in this way.

Of course, sex is not a goid reason but Paul said a burning passion makes it OK, if just can't control.self. I still say to try with all your might to be praying, praying, praying to God for help in controlling yourself. He will :) My advice: get married with quick engagement and that still means a 6-9 month courting and 3 mo. engagement.
Anyway, I hope and pray that wanting sex is NOT your reason to marry, but, IF it is, then you MUST BE STRONG-STRONG-STRONG with God in your life. Tell Him everything of your needs burning, your weak-kneed flesh is in danger of changing your eyernity, you tell God. , then, LISTEN to God, let the Lord lead. He leads :) Follow. He will NEVER leave you nor forsake you. Heb. 13:5 . :)

'Course, I'm being silly with drugs and rock and roll reasons, NEITHER is a right reason to marry.

Last edited by a moderator: