What are your religious tradition? Do you still follow it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BlessedLovedByGod

[h=2]I used to attend a Christian Church that arrange marriage. Chinese and Koreans...Tell me what you think. Are arranged marriages a good tradition or an outdated notion?[/h]

J

jimmydiggs

All marriages are arranged.

Oct 31, 2011
In cultures where people feel an idenity with the "tribe" as they call it, with the family, I think it can fit nicely. In America we say that it is the individual who is important, separate from the family. Each is to develop according to his individuality and that includes choosing his own mate. Especially in agnostic households, that is usually based on emotion and sex appeal, without much consideration of anything else. If someone arranged a marriage in America the resentment it would bring on would ruin the marriage. Even the marriage itself is managed as an expression of the individual. In America, marriages often don't work.

I think success in marriage is following rules, and those followed just like God tells us to follow His rules, through love. And following the rules leads to love.

Everyone of my kids and grandkids did their marriage this way, they have all worked. They chose their own mates, but each chose ones who fit into the family structure. It is part of family tradition to go to the minister before the ceremony for counseling. He teaches them God's guidelines like respect for each other, consideration, listening, and giving appreciation. They each have chosen well, but still, I think it is this that makes their marriage work as much as choosing well.

G

Grey

People should get to know people before they get married, divorce is a way out, but it tends to hurt the childrens emotions if there are any.

B

BlessedLovedByGod

When I used to be a kid. I used to follow old catholic traditions like sign of the cross, the rosary, holy week traditions, driking holy water, wiping towel on the statues feet and pray on it.
I dont do that anymore. Not all catholics participate in everything that I have mentioned above.
I have nothing against traditions. It was made before I was born. But marriage In my opinion couples should be inlove.