What Belief/Church are You

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
=Tintin; Ah, thanks for sharing. That does sounds non-biblical. Having more of a focus on one of the persons of the Trinity at time is only natural, but to ignore the others outright is just wrong.
Wow! You are the first person who I have heard say this! My pastor says that I must focus on Christ more than our Father and the Holy Spirit. Christ is our mediator, our Savior, but the Father is our creator and tells us of the principles of God and all about who God is, and it is through the HS that we can understand. They are one.

We just finished a stody of the book of Hebrews, where we learn of how, with Christ, we can grow into a superior way to worship. Our teacher, and most of the class, did not seem to know God the Father as a basis for growth. All their church life they had only learned of the Son. The book of Hebrews supposes an audience well learned in the ways of the Father, so I felt our contemporary audience sometimes didn't undersand.

I am having a hard time agreeing with my Nazarine church.

J

jkalyna

:) WE ARE THE CHURCH. I THINK THAT HOME CHURCH GATHERINGS ARE THE BEST. WHO INVENTED CHURCH AT 9 AM ANY WAY. I IMAGINE DICIPLES GATHERING KNOCKING AT PEOPLES DOORS, IN THEIR PJ.'S. PROBABLY THE REASON HALF OF PEOPLE DON'T GO ANY PLACE ON SUNDAYS IS BECAUSE WORKING ALL WEEK, AND EVEN ON SATURDAYS, IT WOULD BE NICE TO REST A BIT, AND HAVE CHURCH IN THE AFTERNOONS. IN THE BIBLE THEY GATHERED A LOT IN THE AFTERNOONS, OR EVENINGS. WHEN CHRIST COMES FOR HIS BRIDE, HES NOT TAKING DENOMINATIONS OUT OF A HAT. JESUS SAID, " BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED." IT DOSN'T END HERE BECAUSE THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL DRAW YOU IN CLOSER, IN PRAYER. I AM FOLLOWING THE LORD. WHAT EVER CHURCH IT WAS THEN, THAT'S THE ONE I GO TO NOW.:p

J

jkalyna

:) MUST ANSWER TRUTHFULLY. THERE IS A CHURCH NEAR, WE GO TO, BUT THE REAL CHURCH I WOULD LIKE TO GO TO IS IN CALIFORNIA, BETHANY SLAVIC CHURCH, WHICH IS IN RUSSIAN AND UKRAINIAN, ALSO ON LINE LIVE STREAMING THAT I AM PART OF EVERY SUNDAY. TODAY WAS COMMUNION SUNDAY. TY FOR ASKING.:)

T

Tintin

RedTent, really? That's interesting. Naturally, Jesus Christ should be the focus but God the Father and the Holy Spirit are still incredibly important. Some denominations focus on one or the other and other. For example: Jewish people focus on God, Lutherans focus on Christ and Pentecostals tend to focus on the Holy Spirit. All are important.

Jkalyna, good stuff! Please type in lower-case letters. If you exclusively use capitals letters in your Internet posts, it means you're shouting. Just something to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 5, 2012
RedTent, really? That's interesting. Naturally, Jesus Christ should be the focus but God the Father and the Holy Spirit are still incredibly important. Some denominations focus on one or the other and other. For example: Jewish people focus on God, Lutherans focus on Christ and Pentecostals tend to focus on the Holy Spirit. All are important.

Jkalyna, good stuff! Please type in lower-case letters. If you exclusively use capitals letters in your Internet posts, it means you're shouting. Just something to think about.
hmm I find this interesting because as a catholic we focus on Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Contrary to all those miss informed to believe that catholics worship Mary.

T

Tintin

Oh, as a Lutheran, our church focuses on all three too but Jesus Christ is definitely the primary focus, then God the Father, and then the Holy Spirit. The Lutheran Church didn't always have much of a focus on the Holy Spirit but it's now improved somewhat, especially in the church I attend.

O

OFM

AMEN WE ARE ALL BIBLE BELIEVING CHRISTIANS as MEMBERS OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND KINGDOM OF HEAVEN AND THE BODY OF CHRIST FIRST AND LOCAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH MEMBERS AFTER THAT----------------------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!------------------

R

rauleetoe

This is so true..and sadly many Christians ignore the Holy Spirit, and act as he does not exist and he is not a person, and They forget about Father God, and simply focus on Jesus, case in point many protestants, I myself am a protestant and have made this observation..which is why i say this.