What brought you to Christianity?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chanson

Years ago. Because of evil possession.

A

Amandar

I was raised in a Christian home. I gave my life to Christ in my mom's car when I was in Kindergarten and have been following him ever since!

J

joeborst

Well when I was born, I was raised Christian by my parents but I did not fully understand being my young age. When they got divorced, I lived with just my mother. My mother's side of the family tries to teaches me Atheism, my father's side tries to teach me Christianity. But as much pressure as I get to turn to atheism or anything, I know God and Jesus is it. I believe in it because of my own faith.

R

rainacorn

My parents taught me about Christianity, but they are notorious liars and hypocrites, so I put it in the 'stupid' file and left it there.

As an adult, I saw how unhappy everyone was and how futile everything seemed. I looked around at all of the failed marriages and broken homes. I looked at the stacks of self-help books in everyone's houses and all of the prescriptions they were taking just to get through the day. I looked at my own life- my desperate pursuit of wealth and notoriety, total inability to connect with people emotionally and aversion to the uncertainty of stability.

I saw all of that and decided I wanted to try something different. I had to try something different because I was on a path that would inevitably lead to misery, a string of failed marriages and kids who resent me. Even if I did achieve my work goals, it would not 'fix' anything.

I made the decision to attempt living as a Christian. I needed a new lens through which to view the world that would help me make the right decisions and avoid the pitfalls of the world. Although many of the people described above were self-professing Christians, it was pretty clear that they were doing it wrong. I wanted to do it right. What the Bible says about how to live our lives, IF FOLLOWED, will result in good things. It's solid advice.

Eventually it worked. I, I, I, I.... I became a Christian, but now with hindsight I can see so clearly how it was not MY doing. God called and I answered, even though I didn't recognize it as God at the time. He changed my heart and my life.