what do I do

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Justme43

My husband of 20 yrs left me ...I feel like I've failed at everything and I just don't want to be alive anymore, but I can't die. I don't know what to do .... please pray for both of us .. we are both in a very dark place

P

pastel1

Be patient , God is understanding. Be loving and understanding still. God desires us to be like him.

E

Eviecat21

My new husband had his wife (now ex) filed for divorce after they had been married for 20 years. He was in that dark horrible place. His hope had been murdered. Do not let your hope be murdered by person or circumstance. Hold tight to Ro 8:28. Don't stop crying out to the Lord, and asking for prayer. We will be praying for you tonight.

C

chuinchoy

why did he left you? have you give a thought for the reasons?. I beseech all youngsters/singles, to think carefully. Make sure that you are ready before tying the knot.

J

Justme43

After 20 yrs he told me he is gay and can no longer live a "lie" ... he had been cheating on me with men and how wants to pursue a different kind of life
...He professes to be saved and is now looking for a way to reconcile living a gay lifestyle with being a Christian

K

Kefa52

I am sorry you are going through this. I will pray that you find the wisdom and peace you need.

DenR

Banned
Dec 18, 2012
Shall lift you and he up sister...you have not failed!

DenR

Banned
Dec 18, 2012
Oh Father I pray that he would see!! That he would know!! That he is a new creation , a man of the spirit. not of the flesh! Oh God, that he would realise that he has been washed, he has been purified and justified by the Spirit of God...that in his flesh dwells no good thing...Oh God he thinks he is a homosexual, but that is not the truth...the truth is a he is a new creature in Christ and Christ does not do those things. Father cause him to cry out to you. Give grace and strength to my sister...lift off of her heart all condemnation and guilt..for she has done no wrong. Lord you are the restorer and the lover of her soul..may you cause some friend to be with our sister in these next few days or weeks, so that she will know she is not alone and that she is loved and needed on this earth!

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
After 20 yrs he told me he is gay and can no longer live a "lie" ... he had been cheating on me with men and how wants to pursue a different kind of life
...He professes to be saved and is now looking for a way to reconcile living a gay lifestyle with being a Christian

I'm so sorry you're going through this! How very hurtful. There is a lot of confusion, it seems, about being gay and a Christian. However, the Bible is clear about homosexuality. But that doesn't change the hurt you're feeling right now.

May the Spirit enter your life and give you peace and understanding...especially forgiveness...and lift you up. You are a child of God and very worthy of love and respect. Your husband is making a terrible mistake but he may not see that until he's gone through a lot of consequences. Regrettably, the fall out from his sin is coming down on you.

Please don't let this take you out of the race...Paul compares our Christian walk (more like a run?) with being in a race. He says our eyes need to fixed on the finish line. In this sinful world we will have to dodge obstacles and keep going. That's why God gives us a spiritual family to help us along. If you don't have any Christian friends, please consider finding a church. Just listening to God's Word and participating in the singing really DOES lift us up. And hopefully, you will find some strong Christians there who will be supportive of you in this very difficult time.

God loves you immensely and has great plans for you...He has for you living water in a dry desert.

Praying for you...may your heart be open to leading and healing. Also, praying for you husband that his eyes will be opened.

J

Justme43

Thank you for the prayers and advice. It means a lot ...gives me something to hold onto. I just don't know where to go ... I've lost my home ....I don't belong anywhere

Aug 15, 2009
My husband of 20 yrs left me ...I feel like I've failed at everything and I just don't want to be alive anymore, but I can't die. I don't know what to do .... please pray for both of us .. we are both in a very dark place
Do not trust your feelings........ the arm of flesh will fail you.......This failure has nothing to do with you. This is his sin. His failure. His backsliding. Even if you had backslidden, this issue is his alone. If you are a committed Christian, God will take care of you, I promise. You are allowed to have great expectations of good things for yourself, because you belong to God. As for your husband, we can only pray for his eyes to be opened. The best thing I can recommend to you is to take your husband to the altar and leave him there with God....... ask God to do "whatever it takes" to save him, then trust in Him to do it.
Whatever happens, trust in God's providence. When you find out God's plan in this, accept it. Whatever God plans for you, it is for the best. Be happy in God's will.

Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Last edited:
U

unclefester

Thank you for the prayers and advice. It means a lot ...gives me something to hold onto. I just don't know where to go ... I've lost my home ....I don't belong anywhere
All of us will be called to examine our lives one day ... and I am convinced without exception that all of us will see that our greatest moments occured when we had nowhere else to turn but to Him. Use this heartbreaking period in your life to draw nearer to God. He will not fail you or disappoint. We will pray for you as well. Big hugs in Christ to you.

T

tenderhearted

Father God I pray that you would bring her comfort and peace at this time. I pray that you would remind her of how much you love her. We thank you that nothing is to difficult for you and that through you all things are possible. I ask that you would strengthen her mind and body. Your word says that no weapon formed against us shall prosper. I pray that you would give her the desire to praise you in the storm. For our breakthrough comes when we give you the praise and honor. For it is written that you will never leave us nor forsake us and we thank you in advance for the provision that you will make in her life. In JESUS name Amen!:)

D

DavEtheBravE

Justme know that your still loved and not forgotten, and God is in the process of filing you with new blood of life so dont worry about the old but submitt to God and rejoice.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Do you have a job? Or relatives that you can live with while you get back on your feet?

Don't let despair lead you into a dark pit. Pray for God to send you a picture of yourself and your future that you can hold onto to and head toward. Start forming a plan.... He will send you hope and guidance if you pray to Him through the saving blood of Christ. He waits for us to ask....not because of arrogance but due to the fact that true love waits for an invitation and does not force anything on the beloved :).

S

shekaniah

Justme,

When I read this I just started crying...
I feel like God gave me some of your pain.
You have my heartfelt prayers.
I hope you come here for fellowship often.
There are a lot of wonderful people here.
Love and hugs, Shekaniah

Here is a some verses thay came to my mind.

2 Cor 1:4 -7
who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. f we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

T

TexasHallelujahGal

dont let the devil set your agenda on any given day ...Keep Jesus first even while it looks bad keep him first because he alone knows what is in every ones heart ...don't try to steer this as you pray let what god desires for you be enough no matter what ...trust ...be still and know that he is God.