What do you do in the waiting period on God.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 13, 2022
If your daughter has chosen to be estranged, that's her fee choice, so why worry about it?
I've been estranged from my sister, nieces, and nephews for many years because we're on different wavelengths with not much in common, they happily live their lives and i happily live mine..:)
I come from a very close family so it not that easy for me. I worry about all the dangers out there for young girls and I don't want to live a life without being in contact with my family. That's not an option for me. God will restore us it's the waiting that is hard.

Aug 8, 2023
I come from a very close family so it not that easy for me. I worry about all the dangers out there for young girls and I don't want to live a life without being in contact with my family. That's not an option for me. God will restore us it's the waiting that is hard.
Me and my dad hardly spoke a word to each other in the family home for the last 15 years of his life but it never bothered me in the least because he had a nasty side to him.
For example he used to criticise me for buying plastic model kits, he said "When are you going to stop wasting your money?"
Huh, perhaps he'd have preferred me to join the local street gang and run riot with them instead of sitting quietly up in my room building models.
Perhaps when family members become estranged, they should look at themselves and realise which of them is right or wrong..;)

Aug 8, 2023
I come from a very close family...I worry about all the dangers out there for young girls...
That reminds me of a woman on a Canadian farm I read about some years ago. After she'd seen her kids off to school in the morning, she used to stand at the window wringing her hands and fretting in case something bad happened to them, and eventually she had a nervous breakdown. and eventually died at an early age.
I don't know if she was a Christian, but christians never worry about anything and trust in God..:)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Christians, true Christians, born again, Spirit filled and in vital relationship with Him, have effectual prayer lives that speak His protection, provision, blessing and favor over their loved ones.
Those who fret may attend church and claim to be His, yet they may have arrived at salvation and rested there when He has so very much more.
blessings

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
I people the trial that my family is going through God will restore soon. Soon can be a long time. So many examples in the Bible promises took years. It's hard and what do you do in the waiting? I feel like I cannot rejoice in anything 100% until my family is restored. I get some Joy but my heart gets sad again. I just cannot be totally happen when my heart is broken. How to cope in the waiting period. We are believers and I know we will come out of the wilderness one day. But I am restless. How can I be happy in the wilderness. Eg: lots happening Christmas is coming and we have some new guest, people who we are helping coming from a rough country we have become close, I get happy helping them butt sad for my own. I cannot look at the empty seat around the table. It is still a mystery what we are going through. Any encouragement on the waiting for my family.
know this: when God says, "soon" it means the event will suddenly arrive, not soon in time because God's timing is not of ours. (2nd Peter 3:8). indeed, waiting is 1 of the toughest issues to maste. no one likes waiting. try this: ask & forget!! super tough, i know. bout there's always 1 or 2 things that can solve waiting. every time you think about the waiting, wear a smile, be positive & have a few statements to recite to yourself, in comedy, that heals the pain! " i do not hate the wait, it bears no fate, cuz' i'm walking thru the gate"!

Oct 13, 2022
know this: when God says, "soon" it means the event will suddenly arrive, not soon in time because God's timing is not of ours. (2nd Peter 3:8). indeed, waiting is 1 of the toughest issues to maste. no one likes waiting. try this: ask & forget!! super tough, i know. bout there's always 1 or 2 things that can solve waiting. every time you think about the waiting, wear a smile, be positive & have a few statements to recite to yourself, in comedy, that heals the pain! " i do not hate the wait, it bears no fate, cuz' i'm walking thru the gate"!
Thank you :)