What do you think of this analogy of the war between Israel and Hamas?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What do you think of Smoke's fat man analogy of the war between Israel and Hamas?

• I don't think it has any value

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • I think it is partially valid, I will elaborate in a post on this thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it is fully valid, hits the nail on the head.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Smoke shared this analogy, I think it has nothing to do with what is going on and provides no light or insight:

I think a better analogy would be a morbidly obese person saying "I want to lose weight and eat better..." as they eat a tub of cherry vanilla ice cream with actual real fruit inside of it. Sure, they are eating fruit (targeting Hamas terrorists as they indiscriminately bomb), but you're still eating junk (a tub of ice cream).

What do you think?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I don't think a morbidly obese person is a fair analogy to Israel, nor do I think Palestinians living in Gaza should be considered "vanilla ice cream" unless we know if they are there by choice or not. Also, this describes Israel eating the terrorists but says nothing of the terrorists devouring innocent civilians. Nor would I liken terrorists to cherries.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
Smoke shared this analogy, I think it has nothing to do with what is going on and provides no light or insight:

I think a better analogy would be a morbidly obese person saying "I want to lose weight and eat better..." as they eat a tub of cherry vanilla ice cream with actual real fruit inside of it. Sure, they are eating fruit (targeting Hamas terrorists as they indiscriminately bomb), but you're still eating junk (a tub of ice cream).

What do you think?
This thread should be deleted.

You're taking the analogy out of context. Extremely disingenuous. I didn't compare "the war between Israel and Hamas" to a person eating cherry vanilla ice cream with real fruit in it. I compared Israel's claim to "want as few [civilian casualties] as possible" to a man who claims he wants to "lose weight" but then eats cherry vanilla ice cream with real fruit in it.

I initially did the twinkies dipped in maple syrup analogy and switched it to the cherry vanilla ice cream with real fruit in it.

I expected more from you. This is entirely deceptive. CNN wants to hire you.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

You're taking the analogy out of context. Extremely disingenuous. I didn't compare "the war between Israel and Hamas" to a person eating cherry vanilla ice cream with real fruit in it. I compared Israel's claim to "want as few [civilian casualties] as possible" to a man who claims he wants to "lose weight" but then eats cherry vanilla ice cream with real fruit in it.

I initially did the twinkies dipped in maple syrup analogy and switched it to the cherry vanilla ice cream with real fruit in it.

I still don't see the distinction, maybe someone else understand?

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
I still don't see the distinction, maybe someone else understand?
You clearly do see the distinction, that is why you didn't actually quote me when you supposedly quoted me.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

What do you think?
The scenario is not pretty but war never is.

Hamas has been reporting their deaths as civilian. While hiding behind civilians as well.

All they can do is do their best to eliminate the threats. Good intel, better reporting, and evidence to show how evil these people are.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

So are they eating the ice cream or only claiming to eat it? Are they really morbidly obese are do you mean they are only claiming to be morbidly obese. Is this an analogy of their press secretary? Or are we talking about Press releases?

So all this time you haven't been complaining about the war but about Israel's claims?

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
I think I get where you're going smoke, I would compare the two with a man going against an army of red ants, a man can kill many ants but still suffer some stings.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I think I get where you're going smoke, I would compare the two with a man going against an army of red ants, a man can kill many ants but still suffer some stings.
If you replace the cherries in the ice cream with red ants, then I agree, a little more accurate.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

The analogy bears no resemblence to reality. This situation is not a matter of choice. It's an issue of life and death. Where is the outrage when civilians are killed while the West attempts to put an end to ISIL? Where was the outrage when civilians were killed when the US drove ISIL out of Mosul? No one gives a damn about civilians until it's Israel defending herself. The hypocrisy is sickening. Russians kill civilians in Ukraine. Barely a murmer from most of the world. Syria kills its own people continually. Where is the outrage? Hamas started this. Hamas bears responsibility for every death, every injury and all the destruction that comes on Gaza. Hamas is simply a proxy for Iran, so the blame is also Iran's to bear.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I don't think a morbidly obese person is a fair analogy to Israel, nor do I think Palestinians living in Gaza should be considered "vanilla ice cream" unless we know if they are there by choice or not. Also, this describes Israel eating the terrorists but says nothing of the terrorists devouring innocent civilians. Nor would I liken terrorists to cherries.
Perhaps the analogy could be improved by mentioning some of the icecream is poisoned (the terrorists), but most of it is good? Oh - and also mention that the poisonous parts of the ice-cream were poisoned by people funded by the fat man himself (some decades ago).

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Perhaps the analogy could be improved by mentioning some of the icecream is poisoned (the terrorists), but most of it is good? Oh - and also mention that the poisonous parts of the ice-cream were poisoned by people funded by the fat man himself (some decades ago).
So then the war is not over until the fat man croaks?

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022

This thread is disingenuous, the OP plays both sides.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The view is better from the middle of the road than from either ditch at the side of the road.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Dear sister Magenta whom I have great respect for and like!! War takes away the middle of the road. In good times the middle of the road is a fine observation location for both sides, but in War you find yourself on one side or the other. I hate War!! But when the devil comes, a mere rebuke never works, one must act! (1 John 3:8) We have been given authority over the devil and we must take that authority or be crushed by our in action. (Luke 10:19). Blessing sis!!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This should not even be coming up for discussion. Totally irrelevant.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Dear sister Magenta whom I have great respect for and like!! War takes away the middle of the road.
In good times the middle of the road is a fine observation location for both sides, but in War you find
yourself on one side or the other. I hate War!! But when the devil comes, a mere rebuke never works,
one must act! (1 John 3:8) We have been given authority over the devil and we must take that authority
or be crushed by our in action. (Luke 10:19). Blessing sis!!

2 Corinthians 10:4 plus Matthew 24:6~ The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.:)

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
This should not even be coming up for discussion. Totally irrelevant.
Instead of arguing with Smoke and HeIsHere I figured the Poll would be my response.