What do you think?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

VioletReigns

I just have always felt that our "hate" is not the same as God's "hate". We will never really understand it.

Enbedded in the Hebrew word for hate is the word "oppose". I certainly do see him opposing evil and the devil too.
Amen, Sister Joi! God opposes evil as light annihilates darkness. \:D/

O

oldthennew

we humans cannot ever comprehend or understand our Father's definition of Holy hatred:
we must absorb the best we can for what we have felt and experienced, what we have
been allowed to comprehend on a human level.

Dec 12, 2013

Not all of them, but here are a few :);

• Psalm 5:5, "The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity,"
  • Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."
  • Lev. 20:23, "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."
  • Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: [SUP]17[/SUP] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, [SUP]18[/SUP] A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, [SUP]19 [/SUP]A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."
  • Hosea 9:15, "All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels."
  • Romans 9:13, "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated"

The bible clearly teaches that God hates sin and wickedness, He even destroyed the world in Noah's day because of it. If God does not hate unrighteousness, then how can He be righteous? God sacrificed His only begotten Son to redeem us from sin, that's how much he hates sin. I believe God's love is stronger than His hate, but to deny that God is capable of hating anything is to deny part of His character, and it insinuates that God is oblivious to all acts of unrighteousness. If God does not hate Satan, than the only logical conclusion is to presume that God approves of and supports Satan. Is that whole Lake of Fire thing just a big joke? Have you read about the Day of Vengeance when God pours out His Cup of Wrath? jmo

It is amazing how many think that God is a mushy, gushy God of nothing but Love......it is evident from the scriptures that there are things that God hates and eschews.....for those who devalue any aspect of God is to bring God down a level or two and does injustice to the God of heaven.....He is the God of love, he also is the God of vengence, war, peace, destruction, creation, compassion, mercy, grace, power, light ect......AND he Loves and he hates!