What does love have to do with my Christianity?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

How does my love affect others?
Does God REALLY care IF I love others?

-------------*-------------
We are made in the image of God?

What is God's image? Human, spirit, or love?

Whose love do we want to be after?

If were not made in the image of love, what word alone is in the two commandments that all other verses hinge on?

Maybe, it's time we thank God for His 'love,' His path to how to get to it, to see it in ourselves , to be it ourselves.

Do you want your 'love' to be any different than wapped up in doing His will for your life?

Isn't Heaven and New Earth going to have a prevailing theme, could it be.....

Click on the blue, YouTube below, it will be worth your time :
YouTube

W

webchatter

Love thy neighbor. My image of God is a loving God. We are to try to model ourselves to be loving people,we were made in His image. The greatest gift is love.
Sorry the link didn't work for me. I was thinking of this subject, a loving God/Father, earlier today. I was trying to reconcile a friend's denomination where they believe God has created some of us for damnation=those not elected. This is not intended to derail your thread. Rather, the very idea that God is a loving God, even to the lowliest of humans, is such a monumental character of our Father, I cannot comprehend how a Christian does not see God's love, or His message of such in Scripture. I find it very important that this subject is discussed & understood. thank you.

W

webchatter

thanks, that link worked for me. What a beautiful voice he has. Yes love is a predominant character of God per Scripture. Any Scripture which others find that may seem to imply otherwise, should be interpreted by other Scripture concerning same subject. thanks.

G

GreenNnice

Our lives are all about His love for us, webchatterer, :) what was His ultimate expression for mankind, by His Son dying on the cross?

His love for us.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten (birthed through human channel) Son, that whosoever (whoEVER, man :) ) believeth in Him should not perish (this 'rot away' word does make me shutter) but have everlasting life.(wheeeeee! Think Geico pig :) )

Thx, cee, buddy, bro, Christ brother , for your love, to help me out, with that link. :)

C

cfultz3

Anytime. Have I mentioned lately that I love you brother? No!!! Well then, 'I love you brother.'

W

webchatter

ah bless u both.:)

G

GreenNnice

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Awww, my favorate subject, :) thankyou greeny!
May we all grow and live in God's love, learning from Him, its eternal life!

God bless
pickles

G

GreenNnice

Awww, my favorate subject, :) thankyou greeny!
May we all grow and live in God's love, learning from Him, its eternal life!

God bless
pickles
It's funny how the Lord leads, uh, seriously funny, can we say, in this instant, but, yeah, milady, the pickled one, brings up EXACTLY what I want to tune in to next.....

1. What can you do to show your Christianity is love to others.
I am not sure if Scripture states this exactly, but this song does, believe what you want: They will know we are Christians by our love. :)

2. What can you do to make your posts sound more 'loving' to others in the midst of still explaining God's word to others as He leads you, BY FAITH, to do :)

3. What way can you compliment others and, also, complement others, who may be with starkly different views than you?
Maybe, you could 'like' some of their posts that are good, not just writing off liking any of their posts, EVEN WHEN THEY SOMETHING YOU AGREE WITH, because they 'believe different than me, neh."

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
How can we do any less than love each other in Jesus?
For His spirit resides in each of us and each other.
Does not scripture say we each carry a piece or the truth in us?
That we are one body in Jesus?
To reject or dispise any other who has Jesus in them, is to reject Jesus and the body.
If we hate our feet, how will we walk, if we hate our eyes, how will we see?
I may not know all the truth, but He who does, holds us together, is in and loves us all.
Perfect love, may we all strive in Jesus to love as He loves us.
Otherwise, there is no body, no life.

God bless
pickles