What does one dollar is as four quarters mean?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 23, 2013
Does it mean that one dollar is an undetermined large amount of quarters or does it mean that one dollar is equal to four quarters? I think everyone would agree that it means one dollar is equal to four quarters.

Why shouldn't 2Pe_3:8 be understood the same way?

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

M

MrOhAllRight

I think we need a CHANGE of subject :p

G

Gr8grace

Six one ,half dozen the other.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
It means that you found 5 things that are a stumbling block to many ;) I like the attitude that Paul had by the measure of the Holy Spirit in him.

Philippians 3:7-9King James Version (KJV)[SUP]7 [/SUP]But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
[SUP]9 [/SUP]And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Does it mean that one dollar is an undetermined large amount of quarters or does it mean that one dollar is equal to four quarters? I think everyone would agree that it means one dollar is equal to four quarters.

Why shouldn't 2Pe_3:8 be understood the same way?

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
no, it does not say one day IS a thousand years: it says one day IS AS a thousand years. It is comparing not equating.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
no, it does not say one day IS a thousand years: it says one day IS AS a thousand years. It is comparing not equating.
interesting conclusion...considering nobody lived over 1000 years...except when considering according to the spirit...or Enoch who was translated, etc.

Genesis 2:16-18King James Version (KJV)[SUP]16 [/SUP]And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
[SUP]17 [/SUP]But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Adam didn't live over 1000 years. I believe that is a witness to how to interpret something Peter tells us to not be ignorant of.

John 2:18-22King James Version (KJV)
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
[SUP]21 [/SUP]But he spake of the temple of his body.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

It's possible that from the perspective of God...His children are somewhat divided for a time, and then are united by the power of God in such a way that would indicate the temple of lively stones being rebuilt according to The Word of God.
We are not many years away from the beginning of the third 1000 year period of time since Jesus died and rose again. I personally would like to believe that things are going to get much more extreme...and I will be on the extremely good side.

It's pretty extreme to take up your cross and follow Jesus...And He will do even greater things in and through us I do believe.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
So what I was saying in the previous post is.............Jesus could have been talking in both time frames at the same time.

Nov 23, 2013
Neither did I say that one dollar IS four quarters. I said one dollar IS AS four quarters.
So what do you think is four quarters an undetermined amount of money or is it the same amount of money as one dollar?

Nov 23, 2013
So what I was saying in the previous post is.............Jesus could have been talking in both time frames at the same time.
Yep and Adam did die a physical death the day he ate of the fruit. I agree that Jesus was talking on both times frames. He raised up his physical body in three days and he has been raising up this spiritual body for the last 2000 years.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
I think people miss the spiritual aspect of this, that is the spiritual realm is not bound to our dimension of time.

Nov 23, 2013
I think people miss the spiritual aspect of this, that is the spiritual realm is not bound to our dimension of time.
What spiritual aspect are you talking about?