What does your church do??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Munchie

Hi all,

I was brought up in a Pentecostal Church and currently attend a Pentecostal Church but I'm having difficulties...

I left Church when I was 16 and returned at the age of 23. 7 years of experiencing the world of alcohol, sex, drugs, clubbing (everything you could think of really). Now I'm back in Church I'm so excited about Jesus because I know what he has done for me I find mysef constantly wanting to praise, read or talk about him.

What my problem is... After Church on a Sunday there is one other activity during the week (prayer meeting) that my church meet for so by Wednesday I'm drained and bored of reading/singing alone. I keep looking for things to keep me busy but after work there isn't much you can do that doesn't include sin!!

Any suggestions on what you/your Church do during the week that I can suggest for the Youth?
I have idea's of my own but can't work out if it's my own thoughts or God's plans??

Feel free to comment. God Bless

S

Strider

Man try just hang out with your Christian buddies during the week, go to the driving range, see movies etc. Also one thing about drinking, it's not wrong or bad. It's just about moderation, just have 3 or 4 beers (on a full stomach of course) have a laugh with your buddies. Gym, gaming also - there's plenty of cool things to do.

Oct 31, 2009
There are much more things do to in life than to go clubbing, having sex, doing drugs or consuming alco.. Find godly men to spend time with.. get involved into church ministry.. Read books, spend time with people who have no one beside them, open cell groups, be accountable to someone, go exploring or u can just sleep. lol

A

Aqua_Girl09

cell groups are AWESOME! >_< love love love em!

and just getting together can help a lot. i mean if you're church isn't that close with its members then ask the pastor of you guys can plan outings together. a day at the park or an even to invite people to. i'm SUPER close with everyone at my church so its easy to call someone and say "hey i'm bored lets go to the mall" or "i'm cooking and i want someone to talk to"

i'm someone who loves adventure and its easy to find. i like going into town and driving around places i've never been. also visiting stores with weird names so that i can find out what they're about and its much more fun if you have a friend with you. like i like to take pictures so i'll have my friends pose while we're around town. (once i get my camcorder i'll be making videos) or get someone to bring their guitar, or violin or trumpet and go to a park and play. thats always fun.

i mean for the most part its just sharing your hobbies with friends. and its much better if they're christian friends cause then they'll keep your spirits high and keep you from falling into more sin.

hope my post helped. ^_^