What Follows Death

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EmileWil90

Hi everyone! I'm new to Christian Chat, and part of the reason I joined this site is because I have been looking for a place to reach out to people with similar beliefs as myself. Something I have always wondered is what life after death means to people. Personally, I accept the idea that there are those who will be saved and those who will not, but the question that haunts me is how does this effects our lives? Or how is it meant to? If anyone out there would like to contribute their thoughts or personal insights about the after-life and how it is meant to effect us, I would greatly appreciate it:)
Thanks!

D

DannyC

Hi everyone! I'm new to Christian Chat, and part of the reason I joined this site is because I have been looking for a place to reach out to people with similar beliefs as myself. Something I have always wondered is what life after death means to people. Personally, I accept the idea that there are those who will be saved and those who will not, but the question that haunts me is how does this effects our lives? Or how is it meant to? If anyone out there would like to contribute their thoughts or personal insights about the after-life and how it is meant to effect us, I would greatly appreciate it:)
Thanks!
Well I think if you really look at the question, and dissect it, you will soon realise that it makes no actual sense. Is there life after death? Well death is the end of life, it's the process of life ending and its own end. So the question is there life after death, is asking is there life after life has ended, which we know the answer to, it trivally follows.

I spent alot of time researching this and I don't think this is just semantics, I think the real question is can we survive our bodies own death? This would only be possible if we have a soul or something which is not dependant on our body being alive. So I think you first have to establish whether it's plausible to believe in a soul, and then whether this soul can survive our bodies death. A few other questions follow from this.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
You can find a bit of a study that will answer all your questions on this important subject HERE

Yahweh Shalom...

L

livingepistle

Thanks!
Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

K

kenisyes

As I read the OP, you are asking how our understanding of eternity affects us here.

My answer is that I find so many blessings and wonderful things God is doing here, that I know I can trust Him for the details for when I get there. I am following Jesus because of who He is, not for what he will give me later. So, I know I will live forever, but I don't really think that much about it; my Lord is on top of that one for me.