What God wants for us, not what we want !!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sinnomorePTL

Dear Sisters and Brothers, I have been having a rough time of it lately.

Legitimate concerns were mainly that my computer has been sick, I have been sick, and this has kept me from
being with my friends here on C.C.

Our church has lost a very Spirit filled Pastor to another church. I feel a great loss. I guess it is hard to
realize it is time to leave friends and family and find a new place to worship where I can again look forward to my time spent with The Lord in worship in His presence.

I didn't realize this was what was causing my depression,
also I recently asked that you pray that my wife and I be approved for a home loan, if it was Gods' will.

We have been trying to buy one for many years. This time I felt so certain, we had lowered our expectations from a house, to a condo, to a manufactured home on its' own land and finally to a 35 year old mobile home in a senior park where we would continue to pay rent. My wife has"perfect" credit, we had 40% down and could well afford the payments.

Apparently God does not want us to own a home. It has had us on a roller coaster for so long, I felt surely that this time, God would let us have our desire.

I am 60 years old, my health is terrible, I thought if only I could get my wife settled in a home before my health failed, it would make things easier for my wife.

Ok God, I get it, I don't know why, but I trust your wisdom. I will not doubt you. I know you know what is best, forgive me for getting depressed and thinking that somehow you were not treating us fairly.

All my questioning Him had gotten me was depression
and fights between me and my wife of nearly 35 years.

Thank you Jesus for lifting this cloud of grey that I allowed satan to place over me.

I look out the sliding doors to the dining room of our apartment as I write this and see the wonder of your world. There are crystal blue skys with a puff of white here and there, beautiful green trees, flowers of purple, red, yellow, blue, white
and those beautiful flying creatures you created.

How could it possibly get any better. Sometimes I forget, we never own anything down here, we are always only borrowing all the lovely things you choose to lend us.

The most important and only thing we can take with us from this world is Your love in its' many forms.

Forgive me Father for my doubts, my greed. As I let go of the foolish wishes for temporary things and you once again begin to fill my heart with Your love, Your wisdom and Your Holy Spirit. Thank you Dear Lord Jesus for casting away the dark spirits of foolish greed for earthly things. I praise you my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Once again having wealth beyond hope, I am a happy man.

I pray that our Dear Lord will fill you with peace, tranquility, joy and the wisdom to know what real wealth is, in Jesus name, Amen

Love in Jesus Christ
brother Gary

D

dmdave17

Dear sinnomorePTL,

We are indeed told to "wait upon the Lord". I too have been experiencing a lot of problems; mostly health-related and financial. I readily admit that there were times when hope seemed like such a distant destination that I was ready to pack it in. But I continued to try to put my trust in God, even though that sometimes seemed to be pretty far fetched. I continued in His word and tried to do what I could to encourage others on CC with their problems.

Then recently, my health has improved and, just this week, I have been given the opportunity to work from my home (at a legitimate job) and make $200 to $300 a week. There are two verses of Scripture which are uppermost in my mind right now. One is Jeremiah 29, verse 11, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" And Romans 28. verse 8, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

God is faithful and He is Good. He loves you and wants nothing but the best for you. The hardest thing to do, sometimes, is to sit back and wait for Him to bring His plans to fruition in our lives. But He has the perfect plan for you. You may not see it now, but I encourage you to stay strong in your belief. If you do, He will see you through.

R

Ramon

Dear Sisters and Brothers, I have been having a rough time of it lately.

Legitimate concerns were mainly that my computer has been sick, I have been sick, and this has kept me from
being with my friends here on C.C.

Our church has lost a very Spirit filled Pastor to another church. I feel a great loss. I guess it is hard to
realize it is time to leave friends and family and find a new place to worship where I can again look forward to my time spent with The Lord in worship in His presence.

I didn't realize this was what was causing my depression,
also I recently asked that you pray that my wife and I be approved for a home loan, if it was Gods' will.

We have been trying to buy one for many years. This time I felt so certain, we had lowered our expectations from a house, to a condo, to a manufactured home on its' own land and finally to a 35 year old mobile home in a senior park where we would continue to pay rent. My wife has"perfect" credit, we had 40% down and could well afford the payments.

Apparently God does not want us to own a home. It has had us on a roller coaster for so long, I felt surely that this time, God would let us have our desire.

I am 60 years old, my health is terrible, I thought if only I could get my wife settled in a home before my health failed, it would make things easier for my wife.

Ok God, I get it, I don't know why, but I trust your wisdom. I will not doubt you. I know you know what is best, forgive me for getting depressed and thinking that somehow you were not treating us fairly.

All my questioning Him had gotten me was depression
and fights between me and my wife of nearly 35 years.

Thank you Jesus for lifting this cloud of grey that I allowed satan to place over me.

I look out the sliding doors to the dining room of our apartment as I write this and see the wonder of your world. There are crystal blue skys with a puff of white here and there, beautiful green trees, flowers of purple, red, yellow, blue, white
and those beautiful flying creatures you created.

How could it possibly get any better. Sometimes I forget, we never own anything down here, we are always only borrowing all the lovely things you choose to lend us.

The most important and only thing we can take with us from this world is Your love in its' many forms.

Forgive me Father for my doubts, my greed. As I let go of the foolish wishes for temporary things and you once again begin to fill my heart with Your love, Your wisdom and Your Holy Spirit. Thank you Dear Lord Jesus for casting away the dark spirits of foolish greed for earthly things. I praise you my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Once again having wealth beyond hope, I am a happy man.

I pray that our Dear Lord will fill you with peace, tranquility, joy and the wisdom to know what real wealth is, in Jesus name, Amen

Love in Jesus Christ
brother Gary
I smile when I hear from you my friend. I am very glad to hear from you. I thank the Lord for people like you. You are an encouragement to us. May the Lord grace you with abundant grace my friend. You and your wife. AMEN!!!

May Jesus bless and keep you. May he heal you and lift your burdens. :):):):):)

cozy

Jan 18, 2010
sometimes the word ENDURE is like screaching but I know it is what we must do and I know with the Lord we are able to. A friend of mine today posted, thank you Lord for another day closer to you

sometimes that is all I have to look forward to in a day, doing His will and one day being closer to him :)