What if I got attacked

• Thread starter OwenHeidenreich
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

john832

May 31, 2013
Most attacks are done in sin. It is an act of love to prevent the person from making his sin any worse. Defending yourself effectively and properly also accomplishes this.
You mean like aim at center mass and squeeze the trigger 9 times? (The magazine only holds eight)

S

sunshinelovin1700

You mean like aim at center mass and squeeze the trigger 9 times? (The magazine only holds eight)

This quote of yours led me to believe you were american lol no offence I am too, gun laws ugh! anyway off topic sry

Jun 28, 2013
Violence should always be a last resort.

O

OwenHeidenreich

thanks thats what i was thinking i would do, i would never keep fighting if they got hurt

H

Houly

Matthew 5

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven.

Don't fight back. We were taught in the OT to fight back equally, and that's exactly what Jesus tells us NOT to do. Stand and accept persecution.

O

OwenHeidenreich

My friend I trust the lord to take over and control me in these situations... He does a WONDERFUL JOB... Jesus had twelve ligeons of angels to HIS call, but He did not call them, i know we have some as well, and the once that wants to harm you will get the hiding of their life when ANGELS dish out....

But to suffer for the Lord's Name sake, is a blessing, a GREAT blessing....
Thanks that is what I want Lord to do, live completely through me where love controls who i am at all times. But as much as I want to believe, I would not want to just take a beating and let them have me if they jumped me for no reason. If they jumped because of Jesus then i would probably just let me have it... :\

i wouldnt be doing that out of love, i would be doing it out of the law

K

kenisyes

You must have missed the word properly.

H

Houly

Of course it's your instinct to fight back. It's human instinct to have wrath, pride, lust, etc. Jesus taught a very difficult way, which is to deny ourselves and have faith in His way, trusting that He will resolve all matters in the end. If someone punches you in the face, stand there and accept it. Then pray for their sake, that they realize their own hatred and repent to God. If you punch them in the face, you've sinned just as they have, and you're not going to help the other person towards repentance.

N

NiceneCreed

The bible says something like, do unto your neighbor as you wish done unto you...

So unless you want to be hit in the face, don't hit someone...

But in all seriousness I have thought about this multiple times... I fantasize about violence, I love violence... My friends and I used to put on some regulation UFC gloves and go all out on each other... (THIS WAS BEFORE I MET JESUS SO IT'S OKAY!)

I used to love getting drunk and rolling thirty...

But I have came to the conclusion... In every movie what does the really tough guy do when he is hit? He just stands there and offers to be hit again... I know if I would try this I would probably get dropped... But I can dream...

I think all God is trying to do is show us humility and love with this verse...

Retaliation is more along the lines of hate and God is a God of love...
You have great thoughts on this matter, and it is evident you have learned from your past experiences. Thank you, and God Bless!