What if...?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

violetdragon

Random thought.. What if all electric things suddenly went dead? Nothig turned on. Phones, iPods, computers, etc. all dead. Not even electric toothbrushes or battery operated flashlights worked? No electricity at all. Haha idk why this came to mind. :)

A

Anonimous

There is a Christian author named Terri Blackstock who wrote a series of books called Blackout that went along this very topic. It is a pretty good series.

R

reject-tech

Better yet, what if all technology was gone in an instant and everyone was left naked in nature?

Revelation 18

Dec 19, 2009
Random thought.. What if all electric things suddenly went dead? Nothig turned on. Phones, iPods, computers, etc. all dead. Not even electric toothbrushes or battery operated flashlights worked? No electricity at all. Haha idk why this came to mind. :)
Sometimes the power does go off, like when someone runs into a power pole with their car. It gives me a problem, because I get sick if I get too cold. It forces me to move to a motel in another part of town, where the electricity is still running.

Jul 21, 2013
The world would stop. IF electricity ceased water plants would shut down and it would throw the world into chaos. People would loot and die of stupid stuff. People wouldn't know how to plant or grow or harvest or file using paper and pen and they are selfish. Fight or Flight would rule the world. It's a lot worse than not being able to check your facebook. There may be a period of holding it together in hopes of the electricity coming back on but as soon as people relised that wasn't going to happen order would be lost. ohohoh! and my student debt would be erased... ahahaha... i'm sure all of that is filed on electronics only. PTL :p

W

wwjd_kilden

^What she said
If it happened suddenly there would be very many accidents :( If we were prepared, we might avoid that, but still be in trouble.
I was wondering myself the other day what will be left of our heritage in, say, 1000 years, if everything is stored electronically.
it almost gives me the urge to start writing things down on paper.... if only my handwriting was interpretable :p