What is more important to seek?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Lately, one is seeing alot of postings about this evil, that deciever, or the corrupt.
Now, I am not saying we should not be as scripture says, wise as the serpent, gentle as the dove. :)
But, in seeing so much about all that is bad or evil, one has to question if we are losing sight?

How many scriptures speak to dilligently seeking Jesus, God Our Father, His kingdom?
And how many speak to finding evil, corruption, the wolf in sheeps clothing?

It just seems with the way the world is today,
with all that is evil in plain sight,
with all the wrong and the sorrow,
with all the sin that is aproved by the world,
with conspiracies and the deceptions,
with wars and corruption,
crime and hate,
right being now wrong and wrong now right,
that many have simply lost sight of what is good.

We might serve and witness in Jesus better bringing the message of faith, hope and love!
The comfort, peace and joy of salvation!
Jesus healing and binding our wounds,
The victory over sin, the world, won for us by Jesus's sacrifice !
The peace that surpasses all understanding!
The delight of the word and it's message of love!

For when that day comes for each of us, is it better to know the wolves that decieve?

Or better known so we may not lose sight, the way, the truth and the life we enter through, which is Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh!

For although scripture speaks of what we should not do, it is far more important to seek what we are called to do and seek!

For there are three things that last, faith hope and love!
I guess, I just see from what I have read in the scriptures, even in revelations, it is not what evil we know that will keep us faithful.
But our eyes on Jesus, holding fast in the faith, hope and love we are called to.

Anyway, please share the scriptures you know that speak to this, so we might keep before us, look always to, Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh!
For as He said, I am the way, the truth and the life, light!

May our words, actions and witness bring the good news, hope, and salvation, that we are called to in Jesus!

God bless
pickles

A

arb71

Hi pickles...can you clarify your question a bit more? Are you asking is it more important to seek wisdom? Or is it more important to seek out those who are trying to decieve us? I'm not quite sure of your exact question...thanks!

T

Tania

Hi I just want to say that I'm pleased by reading "What is more important to seek?" For I like seeking more of God, because I learn so much of Him. Thank you.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
This works really well for me, but then, that may just be me...... :)

Matthew 6:33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 .) Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

God bless and keep you and yours.............

R

RachelBibleStudent

this is very true...and i wish certain people on this forum would see it and take it to heart...

the gospel is -not- about going around condemning bad things all the time...even if these people excuse this non gospel centered behavior by supposing 'maybe it will lead people to the gospel'

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hi pickles...can you clarify your question a bit more? Are you asking is it more important to seek wisdom? Or is it more important to seek out those who are trying to decieve us? I'm not quite sure of your exact question...thanks!
Hi arb71, I wasnt asking but speaking to what is more important. :)
That being looking to all that is good, Jesus, the kingdom of God. :)

Hope this clarifies. :)

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I was thinking alot about this the last few days.
This thought came to mind...
When we ask directions to a destination, we ask for the most direct wat to reach that destination. :)
Now, we will want to know if there might be something along the way that might cause us to lose the way.
But first and formost, it is the way to get there, not directions to all the wrong places, for we would end up wandering all over the place and even lose our way.
May we all seek first the kingdom of God, and the way is in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh!!!!!:)

God bless
pickles

W

wwjd_kilden

Wonderful post Pickles :)

Some verses I enjoy:

John 4-5
4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[SUP] (understood / defeated )[/SUP] it.

1 John 5-7:
[SUP]5 [/SUP]This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. [SUP]6 [/SUP]If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. [SUP]7 [/SUP]But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

John 15, 5-9
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

To me this means that if we accept and walk with Christ, the light is in us,
and if the light is in us, the darkness cannot defeat us. This means that if we focus on Jesus and let Him rule our lives, He will take care of the darkness, we jus have to focus on Him.

Last edited:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou for posting these , my fave scriptures also, trully the bread that sustains us. :)

God bless
pickles