What Is The Gospel?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The truth of God's word is what I am presenting. God must have blinded you to see it.
heres the issue and it’s a serious one

this is you “ The truth of God's word is what I am presenting.”

This is Jesus Christ

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭

Yet your great interpretations are always contrary to what he said , you try to remove it by explaining what your saying and how you have some special knowledge that replaces what he said about salvation

“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. ( that’s you again just for a different reason than the law which was thier reason )

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:12-13, 31-32‬ ‭

How many truths are there that saves souls ? How many engrafted words are we waiting for ? How many messiah ? How many offers is God going to make people to enter his kingdom ? How many salvations are there ?

The one Jesus the Lord offers and said this about ?

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

how many doctrines are there ?

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:8, 14, 16, 26-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And when there had been much disputing, Peter ( a Jew ) rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; and put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭15:7-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; but glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: for there is no respect of persons with God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:8-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

everyone's in the same boat that’s why we all need Jesus and the gospel it came to Israel first and they brought it to the world like the prophets foretold

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
How many salvations are there ?
According to Greek interpretation, Salvation=deliverance, saved=delivered, and save=deliver

Your question signifies your misunderstanding that the scriptures teach that there is a one time eternal deliverance (salvation), and there are many salvations (deliverances) that the born again child of God receives as he sojourns here in this world.

By your failure to understand the difference, you are applying all of the salvation scriptures to reference eternal deliverances, which is why you are believing in the false doctrine that eternal salvation is accomplished by your good works.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
heres the issue and it’s a serious one

this is you “ The truth of God's word is what I am presenting.”

This is Jesus Christ

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭

Yet your great interpretations are always contrary to what he said , you try to remove it by explaining what your saying and how you have some special knowledge that replaces what he said about salvation

“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. ( that’s you again just for a different reason than the law which was thier reason )

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:12-13, 31-32‬ ‭

How many truths are there that saves souls ? How many engrafted words are we waiting for ? How many messiah ? How many offers is God going to make people to enter his kingdom ? How many salvations are there ?

The one Jesus the Lord offers and said this about ?

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

how many doctrines are there ?

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:8, 14, 16, 26-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And when there had been much disputing, Peter ( a Jew ) rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; and put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭15:7-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; but glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: for there is no respect of persons with God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:8-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

everyone's in the same boat that’s why we all need Jesus and the gospel it came to Israel first and they brought it to the world like the prophets foretold

None of the scriptures in your post are referring to eternal deliverance, but are in fact referring to deliverances that the child of God receives as he sojourns here in this world by his good works.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Col 1:23, says that the gospel "was" preached to every creature which is under heaven
I think if you do your research on this ---which I am sure you won't -----as your just quoting scripture without wanting to find out the real meaning behind what it is saying --------your quoting just for the sake of quoting to counter -----

This scripture is being used here as a hyperbole -----this is not meaning that the gospel was preached to every single person under the heavens ------it means that the Gospel has gone everywhere in a general sense --- people have heard of the Gospel -----there is not enough true Christian Preachers to preach to every creature under the heavens at this time ------there are many False Prophets Preaching False Doctrine to many creatures under the Heavens at this time -that is for sure -----

Now in Revelation the 144;000 and the 2 Witnesses do Preach the Gospel to every unsaved human being under the heavens ==there will be no one who has not had the Gospel Preached to them during the 7 year tribulation period ------

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I think if you do your research on this ---which I am sure you won't -----as your just quoting scripture without wanting to find out the real meaning behind what it is saying --------your quoting just for the sake of quoting to counter -----

This scripture is being used here as a hyperbole -----this is not meaning that the gospel was preached to every single person under the heavens ------it means that the Gospel has gone everywhere in a general sense --- people have heard of the Gospel -----there is not enough true Christian Preachers to preach to every creature under the heavens at this time ------there are many False Prophets Preaching False Doctrine to many creatures under the Heavens at this time -that is for sure -----

Now in Revelation the 144;000 and the 2 Witnesses do Preach the Gospel to every unsaved human being under the heavens ==there will be no one who has not had the Gospel Preached to them during the 7 year tribulation period ------

If you are hinting of a thousand year reign, that is so contrary to scripture, I am not getting into it, because it is past history.