What is the true mission of Satan in the life of Job ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 20, 2020
This is my question
in the book of Job 1:1- end
job lost all he had achieved in life by Satan just to see his commitment or to see how close he is with God.
my question is this ..............
what is true mission of Satan in the life of Job?

Feb 1, 2020
Satan doesn't really have a mission or any logic, for he is merely a pathetic animal. In the book of Job, God tells the truth and Satan tells a bunch of lies. The book of Job is essentially a battle of truth versus lies. No matter how many lies Satan tells, no matter how much he is allowed to tempt, afflict, and provoke Job, God's truth stands.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Satan and his minions are bondage itself... they are not free enough to afford missions. I guess just to pillage and destroy because they can't do better so they have no choice. But God uses even this.
As Jesus said, "renounce all possessions". We usually think this refers to money, but our possessions are also loved ones, our health, various comforts, reputation, and so on. Everything was stripped down from Job, one by one, so when Job is only left with bare life, he would seek answers about the universe. He does not find justice in the sense he expected, but finds transcendence. I think it's something God really prizes. A mind of transcendence. Notice how it says that Job was afraid inside of loss before it happened, and that's the reason it happened to him. In the end he focuses on God and stops just thinking in terms of gain and loss and what is "my" situation and benefits (flesh mind).

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
The biggest thing in this book to me is that Job's fear is suggested to be the cause of his misfortune. Loss came because he believed that he would lose what he had. This is where his faith was placed, and he bets all his mental chips on it. This is the important part which kind of explains why the whole story happened, imo:

Job 1:5 ...Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

Job 3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
26 I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.

He is continually fearing misfortune. So it comes. I really think satan in this story is Job's fear and Job's attachment towards life he has and fear of things not going well (in short, flesh mind that we all struggle with). I think that because of this fear, God tempts Job. The fear shows God, who sees into everyone's thoughts, Job's attachments and carnal - not necessarily always evil, but yes carnal - desires for things to go a certain way, which may come into collision and opposition with God's plans. So God breaks all things down at some point, to get through to Job. God gives rain to both the good and the evil and bears all things, good or bad. He wants us to be more on that wavelength and not focused on worries about benefits or misfortune. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
This is my question
in the book of Job 1:1- end
job lost all he had achieved in life by Satan just to see his commitment or to see how close he is with God.
my question is this ..............
what is true mission of Satan in the life of Job?
God and Satan agreed on the same works, but they had different motives. God wanted to "brag" about Job and give him opportunity to make history. Satan wanted to cause job to lose belief in God and to be able to oppress him.