What is to judge?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gzusfrk

Aug 4, 2013
All people have the capacity to be children of God, Just because someone is a thief, or homosexual, or liar, doesn't mean they will not change their ways and be saved. You could end up standing beside someone in heaven you told was going to hell. Awkward. After all, aren't we all sinners.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
All people have the capacity to be children of God, Just because someone is a thief, or homosexual, or liar, doesn't mean they will not change their ways and be saved. You could end up standing beside someone in heaven you told was going to hell. Awkward. After all, aren't we all sinners.
The debate is not whether or not we are all sinners, but rather should we confront a Christian who is sinning willfully or just let them engage in their sin willy nilly. What is considered judging a brother in Christ, not a person of the world is the query. We know that every person that has not yet accepted Christ and still lives could very well do so before they draw their last breath. No one is looking at the sinful practices of the unsaved. We know they are sinning. It is the church we are viewing.

john832

May 31, 2013
I have read a few verses about judging, and learnt that Christ says we should n0t judge each other. I wish to kn0w what it means to judge someone, how can I tell that now I am judging? Is trying to show a brother out of darkness judging him? Typical example lets say there is a brother who hangs around with the wr0ng crowd, if I went to him and told him that such a crowd is not g0od, would I be judging him or his company by doing that?

Please Help.. And thanks In advance.
To pass judgment is to condemn them. To impute motives and determine whether one receives salvation or not.

gzusfrk

Aug 4, 2013
I have read a few verses about judging, and learnt that Christ says we should n0t judge each other. I wish to kn0w what it means to judge someone, how can I tell that now I am judging? Is trying to show a brother out of darkness judging him? Typical example lets say there is a brother who hangs around with the wr0ng crowd, if I went to him and told him that such a crowd is not g0od, would I be judging him or his company by doing that?

But I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother who is a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner, not even to eat with such a person for what have I to do with judging those on the outside. Do you not judge those who are inside? Those who are outside God judges, Therefore put away from yourself that wicked person. 1 Corinthians 5:11-13

Oct 31, 2011
To pass judgment is to condemn them. To impute motives and determine whether one receives salvation or not.
If we say that belief about God or that action you have done is not of God, we are not judging the motive for the action. When we judge the motives of the person, or predict God's action toward the person we are sinning.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
It is in man's nature to judge. We are enjoined through scripture to judge righteous judgments. We do this by judging according to what is written in God's word. When we judge we are also judged in like fashion. If we judge a sinner about his sin we are subject to the same judgment. Same with a fellow Christian.

It is best not to judge because judging can prejudice a situation. If we have insufficient information and we judge we may look foolish when our judgment is very wrong. How often do we see someone and form an opinion about them or what they are doing only to find out later that there were very good reasons for their actions?

Wisdom, prudence and maturity. Necessary ingredients when judging self and others.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I agree that it is better not to judge. :) What we must learn is to give and receive godly counsel. Sometimes, it isn't God speaking but rather fear, jealousy, spite, or some other emotion. If we could truly be sensitive to Holy Spirit and are sure to counsel in love, then it would all be well, I daresay.

As I mentioned in a couple of other posts, if during the course of counseling, you cannot bring yourself to edify/encourage the person in their walk with God and pray for them and with them, you are not the one to counsel them. If you still want to speak to them regarding their sin and not do those things, then you are confronting them, which I guess is okay when dealing with sin, but I don't think the results will be quite as positive.

Whenever God corrects me, I never feel condemned or unloved. He has an amazing way about Him. :) We should be like Christ and be able to deal with sinful things in the lives of ourselves and others without driving people away. The relationship He had with His disciples made it possible for Him to tell them things like, "Get behind me, satan!" and the like and still have them follow Him, love Him and seek Him. :)

I

IloveyouGod

There's a difference between identifying the wrong and judging someone for the wrong they do.
It is important to identify the wrong to avoid it or learn from it. But to judge someone is to tell them that they are going to hell or they will get whatever punishment for their actions.

W

weakness

The other side of judgment is to not judge. the term hypocrite means Hypo means under.like hypodermic needle means under the dermis or skin. and hypocrite means to be under critical ,not of other, but of ourselves.A hypocrite is under critical of themselves. And Jesus warned this was the leaven of the scribes and pharisees, that as leaven it would grow and leaven the whole lump of dough. Much like the grain of mustard seed, though being very small could grow into a big tree which the birds of the air could lodge in and shade could be found underneath.,Paul said don't you know that when you judge others that thou doest the same things. Or as Jesus said about taking the beam out of thy own eye to see clearly to remove the splinter in thy brothers eye. Hypocrite = undercritical of your self

M

MatthewJohnSchistle

John 8:7
[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." everyone carry's sin in one sense or another most common are the 7 deadly sins [/FONT]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins . Man kind is not perfect or without sin it can be debated but the only one that needs to be the judge of man is God not our fellow man it's not acceptable one way or another. as for your situation with your brother advice is not judging and [FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]neither[/FONT] is being a concerned brother Stay Strong and God Bless