What is your opinion on video games?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm not a gamer so I usually don't know a lot about the few games I play. Mostly I just look things up as I need them. And beginners guides, well after I've started 😂
No survival mode for me. I'm not good enough. Nor patient enough. My brain likes faster rewards. When I go a long time not at least leveling I get bored. Probably my depression that causes that.
I started Far Harbor. Pretty sure I blew up the sub as well. But that's as far as I got.
Yeah. Doing the gangs quest line is quite time consuming to start off. Basically the park is split into 4-5 sections. Each section has a series of quests that have to be done to win that section, more or less. Also a question that goes into every section but requires you to wear special glasses that replaces your helmet. 🙄
It's hours just to basically unlock the gangs to play with. Quite the hassle.
But they have a nice gun you can get, though if you don't stick with them you may have trouble finding much ammo for it. And a nice market.
No way man. I like Preston. I know a lot of people say he's a wimp, but they'd be depressed too if they went through what he went through.

So all the Nuka World raiders will buuuuuuurn! I'm going in like the Children of Atom.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I never use him.
I like the robot from that ex pack. Haven't played in a while so blanking on names for a lot.

There is that quest to take out the gangs, but I believe you still have to do the starter quest lines to get it and let the gangs unlock, I could be wrong though.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I never use him.
I like the robot from that ex pack. Haven't played in a while so blanking on names for a lot.

There is that quest to take out the gangs, but I believe you still have to do the starter quest lines to get it and let the gangs unlock, I could be wrong though.
Automatron?

With the automatron pack you can reconfigure Codsworth too. You can reconfigure any robot. My Codsworth is a beast! I put dual gatling lasers on him.

"Is that all? Fine, then..." sounds a bit supercilious after he has just blasted every enemy with a storm of laser fire.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Automatron?

With the automatron pack you can reconfigure Codsworth too. You can reconfigure any robot. My Codsworth is a beast! I put dual gatling lasers on him.

"Is that all? Fine, then..." sounds a bit supercilious after he has just blasted every enemy with a storm of laser fire.
Yes. Yeah. The ability to alter them to suit your playstyle is really nice. Plus they're pretty strong.

To each their own.

Mar 2, 2023
Video games can be a rabbit hole, and it's tough to find that balance. I went through a similar phase and decided to shift my focus to more creative outlets like drawing and making music. It's amazing how those activities not only entertain but also contribute to personal growth.

HoneyBee

Jun 6, 2023
Video games can be a rabbit hole, and it's tough to find that balance. I went through a similar phase and decided to shift my focus to more creative outlets like drawing and making music. It's amazing how those activities not only entertain but also contribute to personal growth.
I agree with you. I am an artist but I needed to leave my last foster home immediately and all of my art supplies were abandoned. It was like leaving a big part of myself behind. My new foster home is Christian and safe. To fill the void of leaving my art supplies behind, I turned to the Xbox and my favorite game is Skyrim. My boyfriend gave me new art supplies for Christmas and he and his father even built an easel for me. It was like giving me back a major part of my life. I love his family too. Through them I discovered what a real family can be like. I have not been back to Skyrim since. :)

Mar 2, 2023
And hey, if CS:GO characters still hold a special place for you, there are some cool spots to buy skins csgo and appreciate them in a different light.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I got the new Prince of Persia game, my favorite childhood game, and i have to say that so far it's excellent.
It's a modern side-scroller which is fantastic for an old boomer like me. :D

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I got the new Prince of Persia game, my favorite childhood game, and i have to say that so far it's excellent.
It's a modern side-scroller which is fantastic for an old boomer like me. :D
Got me a Sega Genesis....it's fun....no cartridges necessary....games all preloaded in the console.