What is your value?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JustViv

We've been taught from our church and also stated in the Bible that sexual activities are meant to be performed within the marriage union of both man and wife. Does this then, becomes the value that you hold on as you want to glorify God? Or, it has become your principle in life? What are your views?

J

JustViv

Another part to this thread is...

Some people will tell you, if you never do a test drive, how can you purchase the car? Perhaps, you won't like it and for this case, after you married the person, you can't return to the dealer. So, how do you respond to this? Standing firm on your values or principle to still say no to sex?

Would love to hear from both men and ladies.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
We've been taught from our church and also stated in the Bible that sexual activities are meant to be performed within the marriage union of both man and wife. Does this then, becomes the value that you hold on as you want to glorify God? Or, it has become your principle in life? What are your views?
Another part to this thread is...

Some people will tell you, if you never do a test drive, how can you purchase the car? Perhaps, you won't like it and for this case, after you married the person, you can't return to the dealer. So, how do you respond to this? Standing firm on your values or principle to still say no to sex?

Would love to hear from both men and ladies.
That's why it is important that at least the two considering marriage have the same faith and are both seeking the same God whether or not that union should be a lifetime union before they take the dive both spiritually, emotionally,mentally, and physically. When you give yourself to another it is for keeps and with all you have and are.

The 'try out' is usually a 'cop out' by two hearts that aren't ready.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No person can truly know both sides of that equation. Having been on the wrong side of it, I can only testify that I wish I had waited and never 'known' anyone before I married. My view now (a half-life later) is that an unmarried Christian couple does well to avoid anything overtly sexual and many activities in the "non-sexual intimacy" category

The test drive idea is (expletive!) from the mind of the enemy and the evil heart of humans. Someone who suggests it is revealing their disrespect of their partner and their own selfishness. Someone who loves in a biblically-sound way will accept their new spouse completely, regardless of flaws. Nobody is perfect, so instead of hoping for or expecting perfection, rather we should expect a spouse to be incomplete and partly broken, in need of grace and much love.

I can't quantify this or quote chapter and verse to support it, but I believe that sex prior to marriage (for either partner or both together) takes something away from a couple's experience within marriage, perhaps in ways they will never know. At the least, they will be left comparing or wondering what if... both are destructive. Marriage is God's design, and if you change the order of assembly, something isn't going to work quite right. :)

M

MrOhAllRight

Value is only reliant on itself...